What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Skub

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Skub »

I'm mostly dry these days,but I've found house reds can be quite nice.
My palate lacks the sophistication to justify expensive plonk.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Always room for one of these beauts too! Thanks for the tip Yorick! 👍

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:29 pm Always room for one of these beauts too! Thanks for the tip Yorick! 👍
I'm drinking the very same at the moment with ice and lemon.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:29 pm Always room for one of these beauts too! Thanks for the tip Yorick! 👍
I once accidentally got that for the kids as breakfast juice.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:53 pm
I once accidentally got that for the kids as breakfast juice.
😁
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

What did I do ? :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Finally got the pool back to properly clean. Took 48 hours. But the diggers aren't back until. Tuesday so nice for the guests. And us :D
20220812_170809_1.jpg
20220812_170809_1.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 366 times
20220814_144213.jpg
20220814_144213.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 366 times
Last edited by Yorick on Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Joined Costco, bought some crap then queued for their petrol, which is 7p a litre cheaper than anywhere else.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Spent the last 2 days packing up the house for moving but according to the wife we didn't have much to pack????? Still not finished.
Potter

Post by Potter »

We went for breakfast, then had a couple of hours on the beach, then went sailing.
Came home, had a swim, then had a salad because I'm too fat to eat anything else, my 32" diesel jeans are very generous but if I put them on it feels like I'm being tortured.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Was a smidge miffed yesterday as the weather let me down! 5th year since I smashed the shoulder and it sodding rained so couldn't do the reduced plan for the day (original plan was too much for the not-quite-bike-fit-yet shoulder!!)

But, had coffee, sausage in a homemade bun and a cinnamon roll at a mates shop. Then stayed to chat and help her clear down for the two days off - was given a couple more cinnamon rolls to take home :1 :1

So, not an all bad day

Have failed in my mission to find a dark visor for the shoei that will deliver anytime soon, so will just have to continue with the Arai (that apparently I shouldn't be wearing :lol: :lol: )

Found an affordable SRA rated lock on amazon, so that will please the insurance (when I get the sick pay through for this month) and I can give my mate back her spare (that I can't use for the insurance as she has no receipt for it :roll:)

Off up to resort in a bit - today is the Memorial for the RAF parachute drop of supplies that I try to get to every year. Then physio in the afternoon and helping in my friends bar in the evening. At least this time I shouldn't be knackered and so the fact that they bicker constantly won't stress me out!! LOL Tough to learn their till and bar system whilst they bicker constantly around me!! Reminds me of growing up at home far too much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:41 am Have failed in my mission to find a dark visor for the shoei that will deliver anytime soon, so will just have to continue with the Arai (that apparently I shouldn't be wearing )
Get a tinted pinlock as a stop gap
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Got home at 1am. Glad it was in a taxi as the roadworks on the M1 added 90 minutes to the journey from Luton Airport. Nightmare.

Got up at 6am. Sorted son's student finance support details out.

Sorted out EuroTunnel refund. SORNED the old Skoda.

Met friend at 10am, quick chat, pray and on my way via bus, train, train, bus, walk bus, bus, walk to view new car on other side of London.

Took it for a test drive. Liked it. Bought it. Taxed it, insured it, Drove it home. Heavy traffic M25.

Home at 5.30pm.

Take wife shopping as fridge is empty. Bought beer. Beer in fridge.

Sat at PC to catch up on some things.

Put small parcel together for old car things for Copart, who bought it as scrap/repair/bodge job resell etc...

Post that when I collect missed delivery parcel tomorrow morning.

Time to unwind and relax now.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Felix

Post by Felix »

the_priest wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:26 pm Got home at 1am.
-----------------
Nice Holiday?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:32 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:41 am Have failed in my mission to find a dark visor for the shoei that will deliver anytime soon, so will just have to continue with the Arai (that apparently I shouldn't be wearing )
Get a tinted pinlock as a stop gap
Didn't think of that!! LOL Thank you. Will look tomorrow :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Felix wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:39 pm
the_priest wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:26 pm Got home at 1am.
-----------------
Nice Holiday?
In parts a very nice holiday, great time with the family and some good memories. We will do this again.

I am just needing this week to recover (still on holiday) and time with the family to unwind with them. Daughters A Levels come out on Thursday, Son turns 21 on Friday. Wife is 50 in two weeks. Her dad passed away two weeks ago, so things are fragile and emotional at the moment.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Drove down to a fancy restaurant in Puerto Calero to meet up with Matboyslim. Yes, THAT Matboyslim.
Great night and he paid the fancy bill.

They're coming to us on Sunday to watch MotoGP then my birthday BBQ :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yesterday was pretty awesome :D Rode up to resort relatively early cos there was a memorial ceremony for the 'parachutage' (RAF drop of munitions and supplies to the resistance). I always do my best to get to this and was lucky after the shoulder op that the weekend they insisted that I go home was the weekend of the 15th! It's on the 15th August for a couple of reasons - it's a bank holiday (Assumption of Mary?!!) and the actual drop was in the winter so not really feasible to have any kind of ceremony then

It always makes me emotional, not least due to the EU flag flying with the French and Savoie flags. The first one I went to (the first time I realised they did a ceremony at the memorial that I go 'chat' to regularly) was just after the Brexit vote and it made me really sad that we were stood there celebrating unity and working together just a couple of months after a vote to leave the EU :( (Please don't turn this into a political thread, this is just how 'I' felt!!). My grandfather joined the navy very under age for the first world war and stayed in for the second (ended up in Australia at some point teaching their pilots to fly!!) and my Dad was in the army in a couple of conflicts (he didn't talk about it much and Grandpop died when I was 11, so I really need to get their military records sometime to find out more! But essentially I love that there is a memorial to unity between the RAF and the Resistance just outside my apartment :D

Then met a friend for lunch (he came to the memorial, but his dog is in toddler mode and got a bit ansty so he took her off to walk halfway through!).

My physio is determined to push my buttons and read more into my comments than I think is actually there! I asked some questions about the metal coming out of my leg soon and he got all psychological on me. And then said I shouldn't ski this winter FFS!!! :angry-cussingblack: He really should know better!! LOL But he did say to ask the surgeon :D

Some friends run a bar in another village and have a bingo night twice a week - they asked if I'd help out (not work - can't work at the mo!!) so I did. Good for my vocab - bingo french and bar/drinks ordering french is new to me :lol: :lol: :lol: And at the end when it was fairly quiet a french friend came in and we chatted a lot - much to the amazement of both my bar friends cos they've never heard me chat in french!! LOL :D :D :D

Rode home to a conversation from an ex Blackbird forum friend who's going to be riding past next week and we're going to meet up :D :D

Whilst my knee is bloody unhappy this morning (bar work doesn't suit it right now!) I'm a very happy Noggin :D :D And it's sunny again today - might hit the pool later :D :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Was it! Went to the market to suddenly realise theres a developing panic as the skies darkened. Market traders dismantling thier stalls and packing away as the lightening was spiking its way to the floor a few miles away.

We got back to the camper as the storm hit town and it was biblical!! Winds turning to gale force ripping branches from trees. Then Ice and hail like golf balls! I was fearing a bobbled finish to my campers paintwork snd broken windows etc but I got the last spacer under a bridge.

we sat there for around 20 minutes snd the streets and roads turned to raging rivers . The noise was horrendous and the the traffic just stopped trying to drive and the drivers just seem to accept their fate!

Finally it relented snd we moved on. Still the ditches overflowed and there was ice everywhere. Took nearly 2 hours to get on site as the access road was flooded and being pumped out. Suns out now and everything is drying snd being swept up. I suspect in a few hours time there will be no trace of it. Camper seems unmarked so we’re somewhat relived about that!!
Last edited by Taipan on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm Went to the market to suddenly realise thetevsss a dream eloping panic as the skies darkened. Market traders dismantling thief tstsllls and packing away as the lightening was spiking its way to the floor a few miles away.

We got back to the camper ad the storm hit town snd it was biblical!! Winds turning to gale force ripping branches from trees. Then Ice and hail like golf balls! I was fearing a demsnesu finish to my camper snd broken windows etc but I got the last spacer under a bridge.

we sat there for around 20 minutes snd the streets and roads turned to raging rivers . The noise was horrendous and the the traffic just stopped trying to drive and the drivers just seem to accept their fate!

Finally it relented snd we moved on. Still the ditches overflowed and there was ice everywhere. Took nearly 2 hours to get on site as the access road was flooded and being pumped out. Suns out now znd dvergyfhing is drying snd being swept up. I suspect in a few hours time there will be no trace of it. Camper seems unmasked do I’m somewhat relived about that!!
That cheap wine seems to be working a treat !