What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

asmethurst99 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:18 pm Went down to the woolwuch ferry to check out a wholesalers - they have long since closed then MOT for the CBR sailed through ....
I lived 5 minutes down the road from there until last month....
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Played on the beach with spawns and grandspawn.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

I was given a Costco IPA last night so today I have mostly spent producing a noxious cloud worthy of a home brewer. Not recommended. :mrgreen:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Got up, drank coffee.
I have ten days off work, so I was coming back to the UK but for the first time ever it's not really appealing to me, so I might just stay put and do some sailing and maybe a hike in the mountains.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 am Got up, drank coffee.
I have ten days off work, so I was coming back to the UK but for the first time ever it's not really appealing to me, so I might just stay put and do some sailing and maybe a hike in the mountains.
With the weather, the COVID and the restrictions, i can't think of many good reasons to come here for 10 days unless visiting family.

Buy a Panigale V4 Fighter for 10 days.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

weeksy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 am
Harry wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 am Got up, drank coffee.
With the weather, the COVID and the restrictions, i can't think of many good reasons to come here for 10 days unless visiting family.
Pretty much this....

I guess it might be nice to get away from the heat a bit, and you'd certainly do that here now, it's Baltic...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I won’t witter on about the witterings, but I had a very nice time walking my dog on west wittering beach!
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

We were going to have a run road nd the Northumberland dales in the hairdressers special tomorrow. Just checked the forecast, 46mph winds, 10 degrees and pissing it down
cheb

Post by cheb »

Started teaching spawn two to ride one of those filthy motorbike things.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Today I may have found a new vocation. Electric MTB tour guide :)

A pal's son is over with his pals and last night they were telling me that they'd hired some posh leccy MTBs to have a play. They wouldn't have a clue so I offered to show them some interesting and challenging trails.
So we all set off at about 11:00 this morning. They'd remembered to bring water, but forgot what I said about the early start to miss the midday heat. Hey ho.

The bikes did surprise me and did well. But I was surprised they weren't very good on the rocky downhill bits. But they did get up bits that a normal bike would have failed on.

They're all fitness fanatics but the terrain did take it's toll and they were properly knackered after 30 miles. My thumb did get a bit sore from pressing the starter ;)

These leccy bikes have a long way to go to get near even a slow enduro bike.

Was a great day, topped off with afternoon beers :)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just spent the last half hour chatting to John Stapleton who is staying at our hotel. His a very nice and friendly chap. Checking out today but instead of going straight home we’re heading back to west wittering beach for a few hours then will have lunch at a pub we liked the look of and then head home. It’s been a lovely few days We’ve spent here with some really friendly people. Can’t remember the last time I spoke to so many people!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 am Just spent the last half hour chatting to John Stapleton
IIRC his wife died last year. Lynn Folds-Wood?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Potter

Post by Potter »

Cold weather sounds amazing, I just got 3km into a run and packed it in, it's actually 43c according to the mercury and I'll end up making myself ill again. Stayed out running too long one day last week and spent the rest of the day feeling sick and shivering.

I'm off for a shower and then I'm going to cook Toad in the Hole with mash and gravy for a family dinner.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am
Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 am Just spent the last half hour chatting to John Stapleton
IIRC his wife died last year. Lynn Folds-Wood?
Earlier this year from a stroke apparently. Not that he told us that, my nosey wife googled him! 🙄 Very chatty bloke.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I planned a long lie in (although knew I'd be woken about 7.30 by breakfast starting!) but hey, 7:30 would have been quite long after waking stupidly early most mornings this week

Plan was kyboshed by some anti social fuckwit having a VERY loud phone call at 5:30am. 5:30 FFS :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Loud to the point I got up and went into the corridor as thought he was out there. Sadly he wasn't, but it took ages to get back to sleep, then the catering peeps knocked loudly at 7:30 and came in to get the water jug, then breakfast 15 mins later :(

Must attempt going to sleep earlier tonight to try and catch up with sleep the other way tonight! ( struggle to get back to sleep as seem to be getting back ache recently so once awake I have to get up as the chair doesn't seem to hurt as much!!)

Anyway, I watched some Lucifer and did some crochet too- three squares made this morning. Well chuffed as crochet means I have to use my thumb and index finger to hold the hook and move it and the wrist helps move too. Good therapy for the weekend :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yesterday technically, but was an awesome day.

Every year, one of my best pal's son comes over with 2 or 3 pals. I know them well now.
All 25 year old typical Scousers. But great, great lads.

So yesterday I did a BBQ for them all. By fuck, can they eat and drink? :mrgreen:

Spent hours in the pool. I pulled the cover/windy/roller thing half way as a volleyball net. I was in there about an hour and laughed till I hurt.

My new BBQ is more consistent and great food.
They were here 7 hours and was a great day.

My pal is even more happy when his son visits and he pays for everything. And his son and pals are funny as fuck. One is a nephew of one of England's best ever boxers and is very proud to be.

I'm taking them off roading Tuesday.

Penny really enjoyed it, but no idea why ;) :mrgreen:
20200829_161313_resized.jpg
20200829_161313_resized.jpg (226.6 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Called my bike many bad names as it wouldn't start, think the first cool morning of the year has taken its toll on the battery.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:55 am Image2020-09-01_09-49-32 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr
Oops.
cheb

Post by cheb »

How did you do that? The injury, not the photograph?