In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Noggin

Re: In todays news...

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:54 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 pm
Felix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:48 pm Another country trying to shoot itself in the foot with the British tourists.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/ ... w-24537366
Not at all. British tourists now have to fulfill the requirements that all other Third Country Nationals have had to fulfill for ever.

This is what Brexit means. The UK is no longer in the Eu and so tourists are TCNs. That means different rules - you know, the rules all tourists from non EU countries have been following for ever.

Britain negotiated a Third Country exit deal - this is one of the results
Not true. If you have a hotel booked or return plane/ferry, it's OK.

I know loads of folk on a motorhome forum and it's never been applied. Yet.
Yet!

My understanding is hotel holidays are different. If family comes here to stay they have to get a form and fill in to prove that they can support themselves or that I will ( :lol: ). Haven't really looked into it as it hasn't applied to me

And, the law may not have been applied to all at all times (like customs searches, they don't always do them but can), but it has always been there.

A Third Country National has to abide by different rules for travel than an EU national. Nothing untoward or anti British. Just what the rules always were and what Britain signed up to with the Brexit deal
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:54 pm
Not true. If you have a hotel booked or return plane/ferry, it's OK.

I know loads of folk on a motorhome forum and it's never been applied. Yet.
That could be the target. Not so much the motorhomes but the hippies who travel in a battered old van and spend 37p a day on beans and pulses. You just know they are shitting all over the countryside. They are doing in here in our wee town as two areas are listed on the wild camping web site.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 pm
Not at all. British tourists now have to fulfill the requirements that all other Third Country Nationals have had to fulfill for ever.

This is what Brexit means. The UK is no longer in the Eu and so tourists are TCNs. That means different rules - you know, the rules all tourists from non EU countries have been following for ever.

Britain negotiated a Third Country exit deal - this is one of the results
Dont ever recall anyone in my family coming from OZ or NZ ever saying they had to prove how much spends they have. Spain can do whet they want as i doubt i will be visiting the place any time soon. Time is limited now with driving holidays due to the greens thinking the world will end soon so when that time comes and i start flying again for the sun it will be a country further afield who are more welcoming.
Oz and NZ to UK have different rules as part of the Common Wealth. They aren't classed (as far as I know) as TCNs to the UK. Probably are in France/EU.

Equally they may have different agreements - like the one that allows a working holiday visa from Oz or NZ with the EU. That Britain didn't agree to in Brexit

The rules are there. They are different depending on where you travel to/from but a TCN can be required to provide different paperwork etc to an EU national when travelling to an EU country
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:04 pm
Oz and NZ to UK have different rules as part of the Common Wealth. They aren't classed (as far as I know) as TCNs to the UK. Probably are in France/EU.

Equally they may have different agreements - like the one that allows a working holiday visa from Oz or NZ with the EU. That Britain didn't agree to in Brexit

The rules are there. They are different depending on where you travel to/from but a TCN can be required to provide different paperwork etc to an EU national when travelling to an EU country
Aye possibly. It may all just be noise just now as i see nothing on the main news channels so far but America is starting to look nice this time of year :lol:

Vive l'Amérique
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:15 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:04 pm

Aye possibly. It may all just be noise just now as i see nothing on the main news channels so far but America is starting to look nice this time of year :lol:

Vive l'Amérique
I doubt if you'll see anything on the main news because it isn't a positive of Brexit LOL But it is the rules that other TCNs have had to follow for years, so why do you think that now British tourists are TCNs, they shouldn't have to do the same?
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 pm I doubt if you'll see anything on the main news because it isn't a positive of Brexit LOL But it is the rules that other TCNs have had to follow for years, so why do you think that now British tourists are TCNs, they shouldn't have to do the same?
Probably as i have never heard of it before until today. I would think if it was in place then pissed brits abroad would all be coming home whining about it by now. Then 80 odd quid is nothing when on holiday. Dono what others take when away but i end up coming home with money as i took to much but it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. I only want a long Weekend in Barcelona. I may get that in soon before they want the shirt off my back before i can get in. I like the idea of getting the passports stamped though. I do miss that. Mine ran out last year and never had one stamp. The one before only had one what was Turkey.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 pm This is a bit of a conundrum.

I'm all for everybody to have the right to be or do whatever they like, as long as it's legal.

I also feel strongly about my right to support them (or not) in any way I choose.
I won't be forced to support anybody.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-62301091
If it’s a sponsorship deal, it’s their job to wear it.

I’d just put boot polish on the vomit-coloured bits.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Wokeness in Rugby! I heard about the players who are boycotting this. Good on them, this is a Political thing and sponsorship or not, it's about time the loony minority were reminded not to shove their wokeness down the throat of the majority.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Felix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:15 pm Vive l'Amérique
TBF when visiting the US you have to fill in a form before you go, pay a fee (only like $12 IIRC) and generally prove how long you're staying for. ISTR the ESTA form needs the name of the places you're staying etc.

They also always ask you how you're paying for your stay when your arrive IME. The border guards always seem unaware of the existence of credit cards.

"You came for 2 week stay and only brought $50 cash?"
"Yes, I have a credit card :hmmm: "
Horse

Post by Horse »

Felix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:27 pm I like the idea of getting the passports stamped though.
20220726_182602.jpg
20220726_182602.jpg (293.67 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

I'm all for everybody to have the right to be or do whatever they like, as long as it's legal.

I also feel strongly about my right to support them (or not) in any way I choose.

They are also sponsored by a bookies and a brewery. Would you be forced to support them? Or is money okay.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

slowsider wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:37 pm
They are also sponsored by a bookies and a brewery. Would you be forced to support them? Or is money okay.
I'll bet the bookies and the brewery paid a LOT more money in sponsership.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:52 pm
slowsider wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:37 pm
I'll bet the bookies and the brewery paid a LOT more money in sponsership.
" I want to make my own mind up, not be dictated too by some unelected bureaucrat"
cheb

Post by cheb »

f you don't like the uniform then you've probably got to look elsewhere for a tribe that suits you better, team spirit and all that.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

cheb wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:32 pm f you don't like the uniform then you've probably got to look elsewhere for a tribe that suits you better, team spirit and all that.
If you don't like being forced to endorse sometimes else's political views then maybe modern professional sport isn't for you.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mixed bag so far. But the England footy team wear the armbands, There's not a player in England who would desert his national team and refuse. But it could be bullying

These things must have been discussed million times
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Theyve had jerseys with poppies on, for VE day, and I think the NHS logo. Maybe even BLM.

I'm amazed they give a shit. Happy to wear sodding betting advertising though
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 pm Mixed bag so far. But the England footy team wear the armbands, There's not a player in England who would desert his national team and refuse. But it could be bullying

These things must have been discussed million times
Seems a bit blown out of proportion, the jersey has thin white loops which will be rainbow loops for one game. It hardly screams "as an individual, I support inclusiveness".
Last edited by Hoonercat on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:27 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 pm I doubt if you'll see anything on the main news because it isn't a positive of Brexit LOL But it is the rules that other TCNs have had to follow for years, so why do you think that now British tourists are TCNs, they shouldn't have to do the same?
Probably as i have never heard of it before until today. I would think if it was in place then pissed brits abroad would all be coming home whining about it by now. Then 80 odd quid is nothing when on holiday. Dono what others take when away but i end up coming home with money as i took to much but it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. I only want a long Weekend in Barcelona. I may get that in soon before they want the shirt off my back before i can get in. I like the idea of getting the passports stamped though. I do miss that. Mine ran out last year and never had one stamp. The one before only had one what was Turkey.
You do know that you don't have to give the money to Spain to be allowed to have the holiday? You only have to prove that you have the money, so prove that you will support yourself for the duration of the holiday? I really don't see the issue!! :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Confirmation of the bullshit story
Screenshot_20220727-124208_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220727-124208_Facebook.jpg (641.5 KiB) Viewed 148 times