What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
KungFooBob

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by KungFooBob »

My first proper job (after a few years on the YTS) was inputting fax and mail order for a stationery company... Neat Ideas if anyone remembers them.

I got upgraded to the inbound call centre, then after 18 months got a break into IT, been doing it ever since.

Fuck all that fish and chicken killing.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Talking of jobs... the wife just called, she's been offered a job!

I can start looking at loud exhausts for the Guzzi now!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:22 pm My worst job ? Pool cleaner. Just has to do it in 35c.
Just had a skinny dip and was surprised to see water temp at 31c. Normally high 20s in summer.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Jayne Mansfield lobsters etc
cheb

Post by cheb »

Repaired a broken compressor, rebuilt a Henry vacuum cleaner and badly sprayed the TDR's swinging arm.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Got a nice letter from Trafico. Oh fuck, they're gonna do me for the big fuck up on way back from Gran Canaria :(

Aha, only €100 fine, reduced to €50 if paid within 7 days. 116 in a 100 area. In the photo I'm only wearing light jacket and jeans, so not a fast ride. No loss of points. Hmm, consider myself lucky.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

after having put three thousand trouble free miles on the discovery in the last fortnight (Italy and back) its bitten back, it started vibrating whilst driving to the point i got out to see if I had a flat tyre. slightly warped disk has cooked the pads (Again) and disc caliper is fu-barred along with the new hub carrier I put on less than two months ago, so its a re-run without having to replace the control arms, which have already been replaced. Ended the trip out on the back of a recovery truck :-( :cry: :cry:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a Meze ata local Greek restaraunt that I've been meaning to go to for some time. Annoyed I'd delayed it now as it was top nosh!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Overslept! :shock: I never do that but today I have and I'm going away for a few days with the wife and sister and my sister will be here at half nine and I haven't even packed yet. :|
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I have lubed up the spare lock and collected the chain to go with the Honda when it is collected this evening. Found spare oil and gear box oil filter that I'll chuck in for nothing as well. I'm not going to use them, so may as well get them onto someone who will make use of them.

Took the wife and daughter into local town so they can potter around and now I'm having the last of the crap coffee before I get my decent coffee delivery (hopefully today) from WR. Church meeting coming up on Zoom, so I'm going to get ready for that.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Had a day planned on the dirt bikes. Penny's first ride since her crash and another pal was gonna try it on my X-Trainer.

Forecast was silly hot. So just body armour and no over gear. Set off in 28 this morning and was OK up the east coast. We were expecting it to get warm, so we headed up to the hills for cooler weather for lunch. Nope was mid 30s for scoffing the burgers :mrgreen:

Saw the highest part of the island in cloud, so headed up there for cooler weather. Nope :mrgreen: Was like riding against a hair drier :mrgreen:

And it was cloudy all day. Just some freak weather conditions. It was 31c when we got home, so jumped into the car to see how hot it actually was at top of the island....
20200826_150335_resized.jpg
20200826_150335_resized.jpg (253.25 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I took my bike with a mate tagging along to Bromley to inspect an MG for a mate ...Perfect riding weather and well worth the trip as he took my advice and bought it .

Only downside was the ridiculous 20 miles of 40mph limit on the M23 ( no sign of any work going on) ...

180 miles which is ( I’ve decided) the limit for the Tenere Seat ..
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Cancelled the week in Lanzarote that we had booked for a couple of weeks time after BA cancelled the flights yesterday, and I've booked some some fights to Faro and a place in the Algarve instead.

Mal posso esperar! 8-)
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:46 pm Had a day planned on the dirt bikes. Penny's first ride since her crash and another pal was gonna try it on my X-Trainer.

Forecast was silly hot. So just body armour and no over gear. Set off in 28 this morning and was OK up the east coast. We were expecting it to get warm, so we headed up to the hills for cooler weather for lunch. Nope was mid 30s for scoffing the burgers :mrgreen:

Saw the highest part of the island in cloud, so headed up there for cooler weather. Nope :mrgreen: Was like riding against a hair drier :mrgreen:

And it was cloudy all day. Just some freak weather conditions. It was 31c when we got home, so jumped into the car to see how hot it actually was at top of the island....

20200826_150335_resized.jpg
That's some serious heat. I think that would put me off riding as much as our endless pissing rain!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I got out for a few afternoon beers in Soho, offices and pubs were quiet but the streets were heaving and almost like it was pre-lockdown.
I also realised I lose at the worst job competition, not by much but I can't beat the fish farm.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Went down to the woolwuch ferry to check out a wholesalers - they have long since closed then MOT for the CBR sailed through ....
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Went to look at having a VW Crafter fitted out as a camper. Paid the deposit. Now off to sell a kidney.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Spent 40 minutes on the phone to my old insurer before cancelling my policy with them (it was like chewing on tin foil!). then spent 20 minutes on the phone getting insurance with a new lot who were a pleasure to deal with. New bike arriving Saturday 😁.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took my Wife and Sister shopping at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth today. Got bored standing outside shod with the dogs so I went in the old custom house pub. Glad to be back at our hotel now!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Went to Palermo. Saw a load of dead monks.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!