https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm

It's your fault they're wrong ?

Why would they pay postage when you ordered it incorrectly ?
I ordered it perfectly correctly. They supplied the wrong one. That's why I was pissed off
I would be too. If you have the correct dimensions order them from here. https://simplybearings.co.uk/
We use Simply Bearings at work, they're "proper". Bearing Boys are too.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:11 pm When Royal Mail decided to get into parcel delivery,
Haven't Royal Mail been delivery parcels forever?
Honda Owner
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm
Count Steer wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:11 pm When Royal Mail decided to get into parcel delivery,
Haven't Royal Mail been delivery parcels forever?
Not exactly although you could say so. Your daily RM postman wouldn't deliver parcels. Parcels over a certain size were Parcelforce*. RM were pretty much letters only and they didn't tread on PF's toes. I think it was pretty much, if it won't go in a post box it's not 'mail'. Memory is a bit hazy but I think they only got into parcels (up to a certain size) after privatisation.

But, strictly speaking you could say PF was part of RM. (Which was part of GPO). My chum was talking about the switch to letting posties deliver parcels, which was when they used DPD as benchmark.

* Which was Royal Mail Parcels up to 1990.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ant

Post by Ant »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm

It's your fault they're wrong ?

Why would they pay postage when you ordered it incorrectly ?
I ordered it perfectly correctly. They supplied the wrong one. That's why I was pissed off
I would be too. If you have the correct dimensions order them from here. https://simplybearings.co.uk/
After ordering the wrong ones, he's bearing up with the support from the inner race of the forum.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Know it all kids.

Young kids staying with us. Warned and warned them about the berserk sun.
So they spent 6 hours today at local water slide place.

Extreme burn and sunstroke.

They looked at us like scum when we told them the risks.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Used Bearing King in the past a few times with no issues.

http://www.bearing-king.co.uk/
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Usually I have the window open in the morning, before it gets hot enough for the bastard tiger mosquitoes to come in. I generally check my phone to get a rough idea of the temperature AND sprinkle some citronella stuff around to dissuade them

Today I forgot to do either, sat by the window for breakfast, now have two bites behind my left knee. FFS. I HATE MOZZIES!!!

:( :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Check in time here is at 16hr

I was having a therapy session from 13:40 until 14:40

13:50 my phone rings, I reject the call. It rings again, same number, I reject the call. It rings a third* time, same number. I reject the call.

* Stupid ignorant prick, if your call has been rejected twice, that person is too busy to talk to you tight now.

14:10 My phone rings, same number, reject call. A second time AND a third FFS

I turn the ringer off on my phone and continue my session.

5 minutes later there's a knock at my door. It's reception staff "this guest wants to check in". Tell the guest I rejected his call 6 times for a reason. I'm busy right now and his check in time is 16hr. "He says he was told 14hr" she says, waving his paperwork at me. I take the paperwork, point out the bit where it clearly states 16hr and send her away.

5 minutes later there's another knock at my door FOR FUCK SAKE I'm paying £50 an hour to talk to my therapist. Leave me alone !!!
I answer the door to discover that having been told he can't check in until 16hr the fucking wanker guest has simply gone and found a different member of staff to see if he can get a different answer!!

When I finally finish my session I check my phone to see as well as wanky customers 6 rejected calls, I've missed 2 from reception, 2 whatsapp calls from the girl on reception and a whatsapp message stating "answer your phone".

Just because I own a phone doesn't mean I'm available 24/7 365. Have some fucking patience, leave a message, send a text, stop being a prick.

I normally hate checking people into cabin T91 as it has no parking and cars have to be left in the main carpark. It's also a long way from the pool. I actually quite enjoyed telling the customer he was 'on the other side' and that there was no parking for his *barry boy audi

*splitters etc on a diesel audi estate !
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

If you weren't on work time in your session then why not put the phone on silent?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Jody wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:34 am
5 minutes later there's another knock at my door FOR FUCK SAKE I'm paying £50 an hour to talk to my therapist. Leave me alone !!!
Anger management? ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

When you've been invited to friends' wedding in Skiathos, flights booked, lovely little pension found to stay in, suitcase all but packed, flip-flops at the ready, then the day before you fly you test positive for fucking covid......
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've just knocked over an almost full mug of coffee.

Instead of knocking it forward all over the computer, I knocked it backwards into my lap.

I'm fucking soaked.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:20 am When you've been invited to friends' wedding in Skiathos, flights booked, lovely little pension found to stay in, suitcase all but packed, flip-flops at the ready, then the day before you fly you test positive for fucking covid......

Why did you do the test, was it required for travel to Greece?

Seems to me that if you're not going to like a possible answer, you shouldn't bother asking the question. ;) ;)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:45 am I've just knocked over an almost full mug of coffee.

Instead of knocking it forward all over the computer, I knocked it backwards into my lap.

I'm fucking soaked.
I recently went to pick up a full (paper) cup of coffee and instead inly picked up the lid, sending an entire mug of coffee spilling all over the floor. I walked off to find someone, but couldn't, and then I had to get on a flight. So to any outside observer, it looked like I just dumped a whole cup of coffee all over the floor and ran off :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:20 am When you've been invited to friends' wedding in Skiathos, flights booked, lovely little pension found to stay in, suitcase all but packed, flip-flops at the ready, then the day before you fly you test positive for fucking covid......
Bloody hell,how many times you had it now?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Vet bills, one of the ferrets went for a dental and extraction, quote/estimate was £160, we decided to skip the laser treatment and we’ve got some pain killer so asked for those to be removed from the bill. Dropped it to about £110. Mrs M collects ferret and the bill is £170 despite being told the extraction was easy. We’ve been billed for meds that were billed as zero on the estimate despite a usage value being given. Queried bill to be told a nurse would ring me back. So far no phone call to explain discrepancy. It’s not the first billing error in their favour and checking previous ferret dental invoices it’s the first time we’ve been hit with these med bills. Its really annoying as they’re great vets but they really seem to be gouging every penny lately so it’s time to start looking for another vet.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yambo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:06 am

Seems to me that if you're not going to like a possible answer, you shouldn't bother asking the question. ;) ;)
Yeah, I know. Ironically, I feel slightly better today than I did yesterday, though two test yesterday showed negative. I've spoken to a couple of people who asked the same question as you: why did you bother?

I'm asking myself that now as I'm pretty sure that I won't be the only bugger on that 'plane with a touch of the 'rona.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:36 am

Yeah, I know. Ironically, I feel slightly better today than I did yesterday, though two test yesterday showed negative. I've spoken to a couple of people who asked the same question as you: why did you bother?

I'm asking myself that now as I'm pretty sure that I won't be the only bugger on that 'plane with a touch of the 'rona.
Have you had all the jabs?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:38 am
gremlin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:36 am

Have you had all the jabs?
All jabbed up and fairly sanguine about the whole thing. Having it is an inconvenience, but having it now and missing a trip/wedding is just a ball ache. I know morally the right thing to do is sit at home, but part of me thinks, fuck it, just go.