Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Whats with the numbers?

I kinda wanna say they're Arabic? I know what everyone calls Arabic numbers (1, 2 etc) aren't actually Arabic are they?
Potter

Post by Potter »

JamJar wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:41 am
£5.57 to eneter to win a 7 year old Qashqai?? Am I missing something that makes this special?
I think it's ok, I'd pay £5.57 for that car, and unlike the above watch it's just the job to use as the OEM meant it, you could drive it anywhere and you wouldn't look a twat in it.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 pm https://www.revcomps.com/product/2015-n ... onic-1000/

Knowing my luck, I'd probably fucking win!
£5.57 to eneter to win a 7 year old Qashqai?? Am I missing something that makes this special?
No, it's a £7000-9000 QQ on it's best day... which considering the number of tickets and the price means it's a cracking profit if they all sell for Revcomps....
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Do the sums on everything all these sites sell and they are making lots of money! Good business I reckon.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

636mick wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:06 am Do the sums on everything all these sites sell and they are making lots of money! Good business I reckon.
Yes and that is fair enough but usually they are selling tickets for things that are desirable.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 pm https://www.revcomps.com/product/2015-n ... onic-1000/

Knowing my luck, I'd probably fucking win!
RevComps in particular have ahuge following of loyal "RevHeads" and they get asked to do certain cars, so they do. Family SUVs are very popular as are little 1 litre learner cars. A lot of the exciting cars people take cash alternatives on anyway.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

636mick wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:06 am Do the sums on everything all these sites sell and they are making lots of money! Good business I reckon.
Yeah but usually they have a thing as said above, that someone thinks "WOW"..

Doing it will QQs is a bit weird... but, if it works, then it works.

At the end of the day i reckon there's a good £5000-7000 profit if they sell all tickets, which for a days work buying and cleaning a QQ, is pretty decent profit.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

RevComps have around 2000 watchers for each live show, I can remember when that was around 600 on a good day.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:10 am
Yeah but usually they have a thing as said above, that someone thinks "WOW"..

Doing it will QQs is a bit weird... but, if it works, then it works.

At the end of the day i reckon there's a good £5000-7000 profit if they sell all tickets, which for a days work buying and cleaning a QQ, is pretty decent profit.
They refer to cars like this as a daily driver, they are not wrong I guess.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just for JamJar! :thumbup:

AUDI R8 V10 PLUS + £5,000 OR £70,000!

2016 Audi R8 5.2 FSI V10 Plus S Tronic quattro, 25k miles, PRIVATE REG V10 HWC INCLUDED!! Full Audi History Audi Warranty till Nov 2022 – Can Be Extended, 2 Owners, Crystal Ara Blue, Comfort & Sound Pack, Carbon fibre Inlays, Carbon Fibre Spoiler, Carbon Pack, Reverse Camera, Mag Ride, B&O Sound System, Audi Tracker Sports Exhaust, Rain Sensor, LED Lights, Daytime Running Lights, Brake Assist, Electric Folding Mirrors, Keyless Door Locks, Steering Wheel Controls, Start Stop System, Traction Control, Satellite Navigation, Parking Sensors, Leather Seats, Electric Mirrors, Bluetooth, Adjustable Steering, Side Impact Airbags, Front Airbags, Power Assisted Steering, Electric Windows, Climate Control, Central Locking, Air Conditioning, ABS

https://xclusivecompetitions.com/compet ... -v10-plus/

https://xclusivecompetitions.com/compet ... -v10-plus/
Potter

Post by Potter »

JamJar wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:07 am Yes and that is fair enough but usually they are selling tickets for things that are desirable.
I get what you're saying, but if I won a Ferrari then I wouldn't be exactly crying but tbh it's just a pita because it's a crap road car and I'd have to go through the hassle of selling it, so I don't bother entering. Whereas I'd have a punt on that QQ and if I won then for six quid I'd have a decent motor that would suit pretty much anything I'd want out of a car.

So whilst I appreciate that many people are dreamers spending their tenner on a chance to own something they'd never normally be able to, there must be another bunch who see it as a punt on something practical and definitely worth the price of entry.

I bet the majority of people winning those supercars don't keep them for very long, they're expensive to keep and shit to drive on UK roads, they're rich peoples toys and if an average person comes into ownership of one then it's not going to be staying long.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:03 pm
JamJar wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:07 am Yes and that is fair enough but usually they are selling tickets for things that are desirable.
I get what you're saying, but if I won a Ferrari then I wouldn't be exactly crying but tbh it's just a pita because it's a crap road car and I'd have to go through the hassle of selling it, so I don't bother entering. Whereas I'd have a punt on that QQ and if I won then for six quid I'd have a decent motor that would suit pretty much anything I'd want out of a car.

So whilst I appreciate that many people are dreamers spending their tenner on a chance to own something they'd never normally be able to, there must be another bunch who see it as a punt on something practical and definitely worth the price of entry.

I bet the majority of people winning those supercars don't keep them for very long, they're expensive to keep and shit to drive on UK roads, they're rich peoples toys and if an average person comes into ownership of one then it's not going to be staying long.
I think Pietin is the only one who still owns the vehicle they've won on these out of the 3 forum guys.

I'd bet if it were a Lambo, he wouldn't :)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Potter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:03 pm I get what you're saying, but if I won a Ferrari then I wouldn't be exactly crying but tbh it's just a pita because it's a crap road car and I'd have to go through the hassle of selling it, so I don't bother entering. Whereas I'd have a punt on that QQ and if I won then for six quid I'd have a decent motor
I'm in a similar place, I've entered (I think) 4 of these competitions and 3 were for things I actually wanted:

- Tesla Model 3 as a daily driver
- Jaguar iPace as a daily driver
- BMW 1250GS as a daily rider.
- 1963 Vespa 'cause it was 90p :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:05 pm

I think Pietin is the only one who still owns the vehicle they've won on these out of the 3 forum guys.

I'd bet if it were a Lambo, he wouldn't :)
I doubt I could even get in and out of a Lambo! :oops: :D Sports cars have never been my thing anyway. I worked in the motor trade fro a good few years and had the pick of things to drive. Normally it'd have been prestige as they are normally auto, or a 4x4, or if the suns out, a convertible.

The Mini I won, I gave to the Mrs and she absolutely loves it. I think i'd go before that does! :roll: :lol:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:11 pm
Potter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:03 pm I get what you're saying, but if I won a Ferrari then I wouldn't be exactly crying but tbh it's just a pita because it's a crap road car and I'd have to go through the hassle of selling it, so I don't bother entering. Whereas I'd have a punt on that QQ and if I won then for six quid I'd have a decent motor
I'm in a similar place, I've entered (I think) 4 of these competitions and 3 were for things I actually wanted:

- Tesla Model 3 as a daily driver
- Jaguar iPace as a daily driver
- BMW 1250GS as a daily rider.
- 1963 Vespa 'cause it was 90p :D
Ditto, I generally only enter for those things I want to keep, i.e. a PC setup, the Tesla's, a bike here and there, or if there's a big cash alternative.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

If it was a Ferrari I'd rather have the cash but I'd take the R8 for a year, then it would a quick trip to the Audi dealer and a trade in towards a Q8 TFSI or, more likely, an e-tron. Be interesting to work out the eventual odds on the exotica vs the QQ type cars. Obvs the best car is the one you win and, if I did do these things, I'd take the better odds irrespective of the car.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 pm
If it was a Ferrari I'd rather have the cash but I'd take the R8 for a year, then it would a quick trip to the Audi dealer and a trade in towards a Q8 TFSI or, more likely, an e-tron. Be interesting to work out the eventual odds on the exotica vs the QQ type cars. Obvs the best car is the one you win and, if I did do these things, I'd take the better odds irrespective of the car.
I was like that with the RC30, I could buy one but I don't want one badly enough to spend my money, however if I won one then I'd keep it for a bit, then sell it and use the money for something else.

If it's something that I don't want at all then I don't bid, because it's just hassle to then sell it.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:46 pm
Count Steer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 pm
I was like that with the RC30, I could buy one but I don't want one badly enough to spend my money, however if I won one then I'd keep it for a bit, then sell it and use the money for something else.

If it's something that I don't want at all then I don't bid, because it's just hassle to then sell it.
LOL not sure it's a hassle... WBAC, "sure we'll give you £80,000"
636mick

Post by 636mick »

A lot of comments on the live draws about how much something is worth to WBAC. Not sure if they are trying to upset people or genuine punters.
I sold the camper as it didn’t do what I hoped, now I’ve got a newer car and a caravan with the proceeds!!
A Lamborghini or Ferrari would be gone straight away and the cash would let me retire now!!
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:58 pm
LOL not sure it's a hassle... WBAC, "sure we'll give you £80,000"
You're a wheeler and dealer so you'd probably do better than most, but for the average bloke it could be a less than brilliant experience.

If you want the right money for it then these things don't always always sell quickly because there is a small audience for second-hand supercars bought off driveways without a warranty - so you'd need to sell it cheap - and then you'd get all manner of offers. I would imagine it's quite stressful for someone that might live from month to month with only a few hundred quid in the bank and now he has to sell a hundred grand car.

Aside from being mugged off because he has no idea what he's selling, I reckon the average bloke would end up quite frustrated when he advertises his competition won Ferrari for what he thinks it's worth, and then has a succession of potential buyers turning up on the driveway at his three-bedroomed semi in Wolverhampton and telling him what they're willing to pay.