Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by cheb »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:46 pm Our Liebherr fridge/freezer started alarming yesterday. After reading the manual it was wanting a new charcoal air filter. Went on the liebherr website and have robbed of the princely sum of £40 for two tiny little filters.
Why does a fridge need an air filter?
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

cheb wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:25 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:46 pm Our Liebherr fridge/freezer started alarming yesterday. After reading the manual it was wanting a new charcoal air filter. Went on the liebherr website and have robbed of the princely sum of £40 for two tiny little filters.
Allegedly it stops food smells in the fridge and filters the recirculating air……. And robs you.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:07 pm
Allegedly it stops food smells in the fridge and filters the recirculating air……. And robs you.
That sounds like inventing a problem in order to create a solution. Is this a special fridge for people that never open the fridge door? (Like those that must have a fridge where the light changes inside to simulate the day/night cycle in order to 'keep food fresher' :lol: ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

To give the manufacturer a regular income.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:28 pm

Pix? (I actually did some little Christmas cards ones when I was laid up waiting for my knee op. V relaxing and a suitable activity for red/green colour blind persons. :D ).
I'm trying to get them to load on the imgbb site, but I think my phone is struggling with tiny signal and being a hotspot for the computer!! LOL I'll put some up tomorrow.

The kit is about 22.5 years old (I have two others of a similar vintage! Different topics though!). The current one is a limited edition by Warner Bros for the Millenium!

Ah - here is one character -

Hopefully the pic of the half I've finished will upload by tomorrow!! LOL

I do bloody love cross stitch. Don't always know who to send them to afterwards (have a folder of loads of very old, finished ones at home)!! I did always used to do a birth sampler for babies of friends and family, but seemed to get out of the habit of doing them for about 10 years and then wasn't able to cos of the shoulder/arm problems. Well chuffed that I can do it again - it's very relaxing, until I make a mistake!! :angry-cussingblack:

:lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:39 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:28 pm

Pix? (I actually did some little Christmas cards ones when I was laid up waiting for my knee op. V relaxing and a suitable activity for red/green colour blind persons. :D ).
I do bloody love cross stitch. Don't always know who to send them to afterwards (have a folder of loads of very old, finished ones at home)!! I did always used to do a birth sampler for babies of friends and family, but seemed to get out of the habit of doing them for about 10 years and then wasn't able to cos of the shoulder/arm problems. Well chuffed that I can do it again - it's very relaxing, until I make a mistake!! :angry-cussingblack:

:lol: :lol:
Frame 'em and stick 'em on the wall :D

(Soz it's a bit blurry but it was a bit gloomy).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Felix

Post by Felix »

DHL

02nd June 2022 02:56 Your parcel 41785800000002 is at the delivery depot
01st June 2022 01:29 We're sorry but the delivery of your shipment has been delayed. We expect to deliver on the next working day
01st June 2022 01:25 We're sorry but the delivery of your consignment has been delayed. Please contact your sender for further information.
31st May 2022 10:28 Your parcel 41785800030000 has been collected

Order placed on the 29th. Delay on the 1st then told its expected to be delivered the next working day (Today) Nah, apparently the parcel reaching the Edinburgh depot at 02:56 must have been to late for the driver to get it on his van today. No one will be home tomorrow and neighbour is away back to work for a month so it will probably be Monday now. That is the past three DHL delivery's that have had some sort of problem. Still yet to have a yodel fuck up yet they get a bad rep
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:44 pm

Frame 'em and stick 'em on the wall :D

(Soz it's a bit blurry but it was a bit gloomy).
That's awesome!!

Sadly, I don't have enough wall for all the completed projects in the file!! LOL I'll have to sort some out and put names on them or something and send them to people!

I've not found a framer here either, the big ones I used to get framed by a lady in Shepton Mallet!! But I doubt if she's still there, and it was bloody expensive back when I last went to here!! I do have one that I want to get properly framed, so will possibly see if she's around next time I go to the uk, but think I best learn how to cut mount board and then buy frames to suit!! Oh, and learn how to stretch and 'fit' the picture properly!! LOL

But, it'd be good fun if I can learn to do it (and another 'thing' I can do!! LOL) :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

@Count Steer the pic never did load from my phone, so did it a different way this morning -

That's about half of it!! :D :D
Felix

Post by Felix »

Felix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:04 pm DHL

02nd June 2022 02:56 Your parcel 41785800000002 is at the delivery depot
01st June 2022 01:29 We're sorry but the delivery of your shipment has been delayed. We expect to deliver on the next working day
01st June 2022 01:25 We're sorry but the delivery of your consignment has been delayed. Please contact your sender for further information.
31st May 2022 10:28 Your parcel 41785800030000 has been collected
Now they managed to delay my parcel its not getting delivered as its a bank holiday. How convenient.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Little old ladies in shops who seem to think they're in the middle of some music hall act - gabbling to shop assistant randoms as if they're a long lost relative and involving them in endless unamusing comic cameos relating to the hilarious situation they find themselves in.
I'm sure my dear old mum must do this too but ffs I just want to get home. :(
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Jody wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:09 am
Yeah I think it is !
I'm not having much luck with bike shops. They either don't come back to me, don't do KTM or Can do it but have no idea how long it will be and don't know how much they charge per hour (yes really). I'm considering helicoiling the casing, replacing the bolt, clean out the filters etc, whack some oil in and see how it sounds.
Why the helicoil? Tread fucked presumably?

On mine I snapped the head off the bolt over tightening it. Jim Aim drilled it out without damaging it and replaced the bolt. Proper bastard that you over tighten and they snap or come out of their own accord :thumbdown:

I know it's a long shot but if it helps and the noise is only damaged rocker arms I have my old pair in the garage you're welcome to for post. They came out as the mechanic said they had a 'feel' about them but he said they might be fine. I replaced as peace of mind but if they help you out of a short term fix you're welcome to em.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:51 pm
Jody wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:09 am
Yeah I think it is !
I'm not having much luck with bike shops. They either don't come back to me, don't do KTM or Can do it but have no idea how long it will be and don't know how much they charge per hour (yes really). I'm considering helicoiling the casing, replacing the bolt, clean out the filters etc, whack some oil in and see how it sounds.
Why the helicoil? Tread fucked presumably?

On mine I snapped the head off the bolt over tightening it. Jim Aim drilled it out without damaging it and replaced the bolt. Proper bastard that you over tighten and they snap or come out of their own accord :thumbdown:

I know it's a long shot but if it helps and the noise is only damaged rocker arms I have my old pair in the garage you're welcome to for post. They came out as the mechanic said they had a 'feel' about them but he said they might be fine. I replaced as peace of mind but if they help you out of a short term fix you're welcome to em.
Yeah thread is fubared. Thanks for the offer of the rocker arms, I'll let you know :)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Punctures! Not one, but two! 🤬 But they were no match for stop n go and grim determination! 👍

cheb

Post by cheb »

The head doesn't look too badly chewed up either.

Dropping a pallet down my shin hasn't improved my day much.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

When asking a question on a page for expats and getting 8 responses - only one that actually vaguely answers the question :roll: :roll: :roll:

FFS :angry-cussingblack:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I posted the other week about paying over £25 for a tank of fuel for a bike, which was a first for me.

Well, raise the thermostat on the piss one more notch as today I paid +£30.

I feel more 'WFH' coming on. ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I'm finding the £100 limit on pay at pump is a pain, I hit the limit yesterday even though the reserve light hadn't come on. Now if I want to fill the tank I have to queue in the kiosk to pay.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mussels wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:09 am I'm finding the £100 limit on pay at pump is a pain, I hit the limit yesterday even though the reserve light hadn't come on. Now if I want to fill the tank I have to queue in the kiosk to pay.
That's a huge tank !!!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:11 am
Mussels wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:09 am I'm finding the £100 limit on pay at pump is a pain, I hit the limit yesterday even though the reserve light hadn't come on. Now if I want to fill the tank I have to queue in the kiosk to pay.
That's a huge tank !!!
Not in the UK prices its not