Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by the_priest »

Friend of mine borrowed his wife's car that had a black box fitted and took it out for a drive to work and back. Arrived back at home for a bollocking from his wife as the company had phoned to say it was being driven very aggressively and fast. He was rather chagrined, forgot about the box.... he has thrashed a Lotus Exige around a track and is a very good driver, but to fast in his wife's car!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

The other thing to watch out for is that little car = pull out. I used to drive my daughter's Fiat Panda some days. Same route, same time, same speed, same colour car, but a totally different experience from driving a big Granada. The Panda was however a lot more fun in snow!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Jody wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:11 pm

:thumbdown: :o :thumbdown:

This is going to be expensive, particularly as the engine is making a "snick Snick" noise
Oops. I hope it's not too spendy to fix.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

My step nephew who had only just passed his test had to have a black box fitted to get insurance along with his Dad as a named main driver. His Dad hit the roof when he got a letter from the insurance co saying his insurance was cancelled as they felt 103mph at 0100 on a Saturday night on the motorway wasn’t acceptable driving behaviour!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

This is going to be expensive, particularly as the engine is making a "snick Snick" noise
Bugger, only just seen this :thumbdown:

Looks like the filter bolt jumped ship and presumably pissed all the oil out. Looks like a lot of oil too, any left in the sight glass?

Hope it's not to expensive
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Just a few days after the KTM dumped it's oil, the alternator on my van has failed.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Jody wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:14 am Just a few days after the KTM dumped it's oil, the alternator on my van has failed.
:( You haven't broken a mirror recently have you?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 pm
Jody wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:14 am Just a few days after the KTM dumped it's oil, the alternator on my van has failed.
:( You haven't broken a mirror recently have you?
Give him time.

Might be worth double-skinning the condoms for a while too :D
Jody

Post by Jody »

Supermofo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:40 pm

Looks like the filter bolt jumped ship and presumably pissed all the oil out. Looks like a lot of oil too, any left in the sight glass?

Yep that's exactly what happened. Nothing in the sight glass, even if I lean the bike towards me a bit :thumbdown:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Jody wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Yep that's exactly what happened. Nothing in the sight glass, even if I lean the bike towards me a bit :thumbdown:
Damn. They don't exactly have a lot of oil to lose, so I'm guessing the engine is fooked?
Jody

Post by Jody »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:29 pm

Damn. They don't exactly have a lot of oil to lose, so I'm guessing the engine is fooked?
Yeah I think it is !
I'm not having much luck with bike shops. They either don't come back to me, don't do KTM or Can do it but have no idea how long it will be and don't know how much they charge per hour (yes really). I'm considering helicoiling the casing, replacing the bolt, clean out the filters etc, whack some oil in and see how it sounds.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Jody wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:09 am

Yeah I think it is !
I'm not having much luck with bike shops. They either don't come back to me, don't do KTM or Can do it but have no idea how long it will be and don't know how much they charge per hour (yes really). I'm considering helicoiling the casing, replacing the bolt, clean out the filters etc, whack some oil in and see how it sounds.
Nothing to lose by trying. A low miles eBay engine for it is nearly £2k and a boxed new one £5.4k :shock: Would anyone really chuck £5.4k at an engine to replace the same thing that has self-destructed?
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

This latest bunch of halfwit protesters.

I'm sure they'll have gained support of the UK after this latest prank. Not.

Wankers.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:09 am

Yeah I think it is !
:( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm doing a reasonable sized cross-stitch in rehab. For the first time in years I actually can!! BUT, it seems I sodding well can't count any more :roll: :roll:

Well, I can, but I think that tiredness is making me lose track of the pattern and 'go wrong' :( Second week in a row I've had to unpick a fair amount to now redo it and get it right :angry-cussingblack: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FFS
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:17 pm I'm doing a reasonable sized cross-stitch in rehab. For the first time in years I actually can!! BUT, it seems I sodding well can't count any more :roll: :roll:

Well, I can, but I think that tiredness is making me lose track of the pattern and 'go wrong' :( Second week in a row I've had to unpick a fair amount to now redo it and get it right :angry-cussingblack: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FFS
Don't you worry your pretty little head :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:19 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:17 pm I'm doing a reasonable sized cross-stitch in rehab. For the first time in years I actually can!! BUT, it seems I sodding well can't count any more :roll: :roll:

FFS
Don't you worry your pretty little head :)
:lol: :lol: It's my pretty little head that's the bloody problem! Hoping my brain comes fully back to life soon! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

FFS
Pix? (I actually did some little Christmas cards ones when I was laid up waiting for my knee op. V relaxing and a suitable activity for red/green colour blind persons. :D ).
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Our Liebherr fridge/freezer started alarming yesterday. After reading the manual it was wanting a new charcoal air filter. Went on the liebherr website and have robbed of the princely sum of £40 for two tiny little filters.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Skub

Post by Skub »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:46 pm Our Liebherr fridge/freezer started alarming yesterday. After reading the manual it was wanting a new charcoal air filter. Went on the liebherr website and have robbed of the princely sum of £40 for two tiny little filters.
We have one of those. I have to say I'm not at all impressed with the build quality,considering it wasn't cheap. Ours fucked up the bottom door hinge and it needed a thermostat just out of warranty. It's been relegated to a 'garage fridge now,but I can't see us buying any more Leibherr stuff in the future.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955