TDF 2020, the end of the INEOS domination ?

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
weeksy
Site Admin

TDF 2020, the end of the INEOS domination ?

Post by weeksy »

With Jumbo Visma having an exceptionally strong squad at the moment, is this the end of INEOS ?

Team Ineos for TDF . No Thomas, he’s going to lead at the Giro, no Froome, he’s leading the Vuelta.

Andrey Amador
Egan Bernal
Richard Carapaz
Jonathan Castroviejo
Michal Kwiatkowski
Luke Rowe
Pavel Sivakov
Dylan van Baarle
JamJar

Re: TDF 2020, the end of the INEOS domination ?

Post by JamJar »

It seems that Ineos did not maintain their fitness during the lockdown if their lack of performance at the Dauphine is anything to go by.
rusty

Post by rusty »

From when they started, Sky had some great ides which propelled them high above other teams. It was also helped by their huge budget.

Now the other teams have had a few years to figure out what Sky/Ineos do to make themselves so much better, they've caught up with them. It was always going to happen, I think.

I'm sure Froome will go on and do well with his new team. Thomas is going to fall by the wayside with Ineos I'd guess and not win another GT. Personally I think Thomas should have gone back to concentrate on the Classics after his Tour win.

It seems like a few riders are struggling for form at the moment, Sagan hasn't been looking too hot lately and of course, Cavendish is nowhere close to his winning best either.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

rusty wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:24 am From when they started, Sky had some great ides which propelled them high above other teams. It was also helped by their huge budget.

Now the other teams have had a few years to figure out what Sky/Ineos do to make themselves so much better, they've caught up with them. It was always going to happen, I think.

I'm sure Froome will go on and do well with his new team. Thomas is going to fall by the wayside with Ineos I'd guess and not win another GT. Personally I think Thomas should have gone back to concentrate on the Classics after his Tour win.

It seems like a few riders are struggling for form at the moment, Sagan hasn't been looking too hot lately and of course, Cavendish is nowhere close to his winning best either.
Cav is getting on my nerves at the moment, he's right there with 400 to go then, well, nothing, not even a whimper.
I don't mind people getting older, shitter, whatever, but don't get my hopes up by going right up to where I think you've got a chance then doing sod all. Grrrr

He's gone the way of Greipel, just doesn't know when to say enough is enough.
rusty

Post by rusty »

It's certainly going to be an interesting Tour.

I'm not sure if Jumbo Visma have peaked too soon but Ineos aren't looking well drilled and if this is the case it leaves some gaps for others to steal some wins.
Personally I'd like to see Quikstep do well, they seem to have a good team with some top quality riders who can cause some upset. Much like the Michelton Scott team, they just seem to work well as a team and enjoy themselves. Pretty much the polar opposite of Sky/Ineos.