Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
DefTrap

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm Middle-age nasal hair.
You lucky bastard - mine have grown to maturity, withered, and been replaced by the old-man version
Horse

Post by Horse »

Strike a fashion statement, start a trend. Grow them long, then plait.

Man bun or hipster beard, nah - nasal plait!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Wax it
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Updated some details on PayPal (trying to set up a pool for a work sad act who's retiring). They've immediately blocked me, closed account, prevented me from linking any cards / accounts to a new PayPal. Won't enter into any discussion. If they only bothered to look at any of the old tat I've bought over 20 years they'd realise I wasn't a master criminal money launderer.....

Tossers.
millemille

Post by millemille »

Flashed by a speed camera October 2020. Couldn't be dealt with by a FPN as I was on 9 points. had to go to court.

Filled out guilty plea paperwork January 2021.

Nothing more heard until early March 2022 when letter received from court warning of possible disqualification and I had until the 4th of May to reply to the court if I wanted to be given a date in front of the magistrate to present information as to why disqualification would be a bad thing.

Emailed the court on the 25th of April confirming that I wanted to present information and please arrange a hearing date.

Nothing heard from the court.

But last Tuesday I receive a letter from the DVLA demanding I surrender my driving license as I was disqualified on the 11th of May.

WTAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out the incompetent, lazy cunts at the court had not read my email until I rang on Wednesday to find out what was going on. That's the best part of a fucking month. A MONTH! Apparently the department is very busy, they get up to 100 emails a day. Most days I, personally, get more than that by fucking lunchtime.

So the hearing went ahead in my absence and I was banned for 6 months without being given the opportunity to explain why me being banned will have a significant impact upon my business and will threaten employee's jobs.

But fear not, in typical civil service fashion they haven't fixed the problem and have instead created a department to deal with the consequences. There is now a department dedicated to dealing with these fuck ups, of which I am told there are 25 a day just at the local court.

Email and speak to the department sorting it out.

Yes, on the face of it it appears that there are grounds for reopening the case...but we have to get the duty legal team to advise. "How long does that take?" I ask. "3 to 4 working days" I'm told. Ok, not terrible. "What then?" I ask. "Then we have to book a hearing with a magistrate to get the original sentence removed and hold a hearing where you present the information". "And how long will that take?".....

..."At the moment we're booking for September".....

I. Have. No. Words.

Spoken to a solicitor. Nothing they can do to speed things up, they'd only be doing what I've already done but on my behalf and charging me for it.

It's some fucking Kafka-esque nightmare.
cheb

Post by cheb »

If your licence is that important maybe you should have taken the hint sooner.

If it saves one life...
millemille

Post by millemille »

cheb wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:30 am If your licence is that important maybe you should have taken the hint sooner.

If it saves one life...
Do you have to do a training course to learn to be such a sanctimonious prick or does it just come naturally to you?
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

millemille wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:27 am
cheb wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:30 am If your licence is that important maybe you should have taken the hint sooner.

If it saves one life...
Do you have to do a training course to learn to be such a sanctimonious prick or does it just come naturally to you?
He's got a point though.

It's not hard to drive/ride within the limits, and personally, every time I've got 3 points on my licence I've found it easy enough to wind it back and drive a bit more carefully for the 3 years it matters.
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If it saves one life...
I find it comes naturally to me. :thumbup:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

If it saves one life...
If he hadn't, I would have. If losing your licence would create exceptional hardship, isn't it up to you to take exceptional care?

I lost my job because I couldn't drive for medical reasons. No exceptional dispensation for me.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Going into a reasonable sized shopping centre/high street with the intention of buying a smart pair of jeans.

Not such a big ask, but where I did find any they had all manner of sizes, for people with legs like a giraffe, Hobbits, Mr. Creosote and six-stone weakling.

Nothing in a 32 regular.

Suddenly internet shopping seems so much more appealing.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Rockburner wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:49 am
It's not hard to drive/ride within the limits, and personally, every time I've got 3 points on my licence I've found it easy enough to wind it back and drive a bit more carefully for the 3 years it matters.
If that is too difficult, it's not that hard to spot speed cameras, they are big yellow things on a stick, almost invariably preceded by a sign warning of speed cameras.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Having to pay $11K USD for a new HVAC system that was installed yesterday and then having to ring for a service call because the fucker ain't working today.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:29 pm buying a smart pair of jeans.
'Smart jeans' always puts me in mind of celebrity chef Robert Irvine (the low-rent Ramsay knock off, with muscles) who badly carries off smart jeans with dress shoes. Or Blair in any jeans.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:24 pm
gremlin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:29 pm buying a smart pair of jeans.
'Smart jeans' always puts me in mind of celebrity chef Robert Irvine (the low-rent Ramsay knock off, with muscles) who badly carries off smart jeans with dress shoes. Or Blair in any jeans.
I worked with someone who used to iron his jeans to put creases down the front like proper trousers. :roll: After a while they developed a white line down the front. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

If it saves one life...

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not the one who's whining though. The first bit was serious, the second bit less so, but here's no deadpan smiley.

There's been outrage threads on here about drivers who are still on the road despite having more than 12 points on their licence but they've not been forum members so are pitchforkable. I CBA with tribalism so tough on you for not having the wit to learn.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I've a mate who works as a site chippie and back in the day when average speed cameras were a new thing: he sets off for work one morning and there's temporary roadworks with average speed cameras, it about 6am so he ignores the cameras and drives through at 70mph. He's done a big day and when he's on the way home all the road workers have gone, so he drives through at whatever speed. Two weeks later a couple of NIP's drop through the letterbox, and the next day, and next day. I think he finished up with 18 speeding NIP's over a 2 week period. His brief managed to get him off, fuck knows how but he did. He got 9 points for the lot and was told if he offended again the previous NIP's would be taken into account when working out the ban.
Newey

Post by Newey »

So me and the misses are out doing the grocery shopping ( she has the cash on her), we're all done except for the paying bit, I spot the empty cashier whip in smartish and start unloading, I turn around to talk to her and she's not there, I now have to decide to either carry on unloading in the hope she finds me in time to pay ( she has the cash remember) or put the stuff back in the trolley and go find her, insignificant really but annoying lol
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Watching Manchester Utd. But it's got a girl commentating? WTF :(

Maybe the bloke rang in sick :obscene-birdiedoublered:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:21 am I get up when I like, 'cept on Wednesdays, when I get rudely awaken by the dustmen.
I 'ave a cup of tea, then I think about leavin' the house....

I'd imaging feeding the pigeons and maybe eveen feeding the sparrows would give you an enormous feeling of wellbeing also.