Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by gremlin »

I put the food waste bin out the other week and the following morning it was on its side and the contents strewn all over the ground courtesy of the foxes. Out with a broom and shovel it all back in. Same the next week, although my fault that time for not putting the handle in the locked position.

When I looked around the street, all the food waste bins were on their sides. Obviously the foxes have learnt to push them over and see what comes out. Clever little fuckers.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

The front vent piece on my Shoei NXR broke ! It's £23 for a new one !!!! Grrrr !!!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

The bastard cycle machine in the physio gym. It's a sit one (so I don't need to use my arms I guess!) and I do 10 - 20 mins depending on what else I've done or got planned physio wise.

Ok, I know I'm not going very 'fast' - I do 4-6 km it says. And I do get quite warm from it.

The bastard machine has a load of readings including calories used. Today I did 20 minutes and it didn't register that I'd used a single calorie :o :o :o I was dripping (inappropriate clothes and the gym shorts were still wet from washing so I was in denim knee length shorts) and it is way warmer in there than I'd choose!! LOL

But seriously?? I know you don't use many calories on a gentle cycle, but NONE in 20 minutes?? The most it's ever shown is 2 :o :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Was it on 'downhill mode'? ;)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:28 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:37 am
gremlin wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:08 pm Those little cunty caterpillars that kill your boxus hedges.

My balls out front were the talk of the neighbourhood, but now they're just a dry, shadow of their former glory.
Something is doing mine in too...the leaves are turning brown/white and powdery. Arse.

Well, I don't think it's arse doing it. It's just an arse.
Box tree moth caterpillar....caught in the act!

Hard working immigrants. Our native birds are too lazy to eat them..

I was tempted to deal out some chemical death, but I'm deliberately cultivating a bug friendly garden (ha! succeeded there!). If the Buxus succumb I suppose I'll replace them with something else.
Fuckers have all decided to take up bungy jumping right outside my front door.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:47 pm Was it on 'downhill mode'? ;)
Pretty sure it wasn't, it was on a low setting as I didn't get the ok to put much weight on it till after the physio session!! But I wasn't coasting :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Looking at what broadband only deals are available at the moment. I've been with Plus.net for around 18 years now and they are looking to hike my monthly cost from £22.99 unlimited fibre to £47.54. Um, no. £28 for Virgin Media Fibre 200mb is a better deal for 18 months, and then shop around again and again. Just would like a company to recognise that keeping customers happy is better than gouging them for money on the off chance they won't notice the change in price.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

gremlin wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:15 pm I put the food waste bin out the other week and the following morning it was on its side and the contents strewn all over the ground courtesy of the foxes. Out with a broom and shovel it all back in. Same the next week, although my fault that time for not putting the handle in the locked position.

When I looked around the street, all the food waste bins were on their sides. Obviously the foxes have learnt to push them over and see what comes out. Clever little fuckers.

Why doesn't the council empty them? Or why do you put them out when they are not due to be emptied?
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 pm The bastard cycle machine in the physio gym. It's a sit one (so I don't need to use my arms I guess!) and I do 10 - 20 mins depending on what else I've done or got planned physio wise.

Ok, I know I'm not going very 'fast' - I do 4-6 km it says. And I do get quite warm from it.

The bastard machine has a load of readings including calories used. Today I did 20 minutes and it didn't register that I'd used a single calorie :o :o :o I was dripping (inappropriate clothes and the gym shorts were still wet from washing so I was in denim knee length shorts) and it is way warmer in there than I'd choose!! LOL

But seriously?? I know you don't use many calories on a gentle cycle, but NONE in 20 minutes?? The most it's ever shown is 2 :o :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
https://captaincalculator.com/health/ca ... alculator/
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yambo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:00 pm Why doesn't the council empty them? Or why do you put them out when they are not due to be emptied?
Dunno about gremlin, but our council insist they have to be out "before 7AM".

'course, that's bollox. My lot don't actually collect mine until about 2PM most bin days, but you know for damned sure that the one day you don't put them out the night before is the one day they collect at 06:58.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:16 am
Yambo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:00 pm Why doesn't the council empty them? Or why do you put them out when they are not due to be emptied?

'course, that's bollox.
Typically done here about 7.15! Great for a lay-in when the bottles and tins recycling boxes are being emptied.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I get up when I like, 'cept on Wednesdays, when I get rudely awaken by the dustmen.
I 'ave a cup of tea, then I think about leavin' the house....
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Horse wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:19 am

'course, that's bollox.
Typically done here about 7.15! Great for a lay-in when the bottles and tins recycling boxes are being emptied.

I've no idea what time ours are picked up, somehow they seem to be able to fill the lorry in utter silence.
non quod, sed quomodo
Horse

Post by Horse »

Rockburner wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:26 am

'course, that's bollox.

I've no idea what time ours are picked up, somehow they seem to be able to fill the lorry in utter silence.
Obviously no bottles or tins from your house then :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Horse wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:29 am
Rockburner wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:26 am

Maybe they're just muffled by all the cardboard
non quod, sed quomodo
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Rockburner wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:05 am
Horse wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:29 am
Maybe they're just muffled by all the cardboard
We have to separate bottles from all the rest, just so they can make a nice clatter as they tip them in the truck. Then they throw the empty plastic box across the pavement to make a nice hollow boom as a bass accompaniment to the breaking bottles.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

'course, that's bollox.
Mine too but moot for me this week as the union has votes to extend the strike, obviously there's not enough piles of rubbish in the street for them to start negotiating yet.
I was fairly happy to see that there's a 3 month limit on strikes, after that the company can start sacking the lazy twats* holding us to ransom.

* Less lazy people who want a better job will look for one, if enough do then the council will realise they need to make improvements. One union has accepted an offer but GMB has turned down offers between 9% and 17%.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:24 am
Noggin wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 pm The bastard cycle machine in the physio gym. It's a sit one (so I don't need to use my arms I guess!) and I do 10 - 20 mins depending on what else I've done or got planned physio wise.

https://captaincalculator.com/health/ca ... alculator/
That's more positive!! :lol: TBF, I don't take any notice of calories cos I don't count them in (can't really here as no idea how they cook stuff, expect to death). But it's a small positive to think I had cycled 4+ kms! Was a bit of a slap in the face to see the machine say zero calories used!! LOL
Skub

Post by Skub »

Noggin wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 pm
That's more positive!! :lol: TBF, I don't take any notice of calories cos I don't count them in (can't really here as no idea how they cook stuff, expect to death). But it's a small positive to think I had cycled 4+ kms! Was a bit of a slap in the face to see the machine say zero calories used!! LOL
Apparently just sitting for an hour will burn between 60 to 130 calories. If you sit around all day and don't eat,you'll lose weight. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Middle-age nasal hair.