Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by Noggin »

After a seriously shit week (turns out that I only like solitude when it isn't enforced :roll: :roll: ) I sat in the sun before heading to the shops. As I 'chilled' out, I heard a Ducati ride up the ramp towards where I was sat (ok, I wasn't certain, but it sounded gooooood)

Anyway - it was a Ducati. A Monster 821. Damn it looked goooood!!!!! I had serious bike envy

So, got some courage in hand and went to talk to the girl that had got of the bike. She lives locally. She's here all year round. And, as soon as I can ride again, we are going to meet up and go riding (hopefully, didn't swap numbers, but it's a small area in the summer!). I explained that I didn't know any bikers here yet as this will be my first summer on a bike here and she seemed quite friendly :banana-dance:

Nice to meet a biker in the sunshine - better if I could ride mine, but hey ho!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Recon fuel pump. New timing chain and a remap on the camperbus. Pulls like a fucking train on steroids.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

We're going to a posh party tonight but nowhere close to stay.
So the missus turned the mighty Duster into a double bed (Lilo)
Very comfy it is too :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Now can do overnights more often. I see some camping trips to other islands.
20220507_160938.jpg
20220507_160938.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 498 times
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Went for a walk on the fells with a mate today, the gorse is in flower and smells like honey with coconut and the skylarks were in full twittering whilst climbing into the sky to prove how strong they are mode.
Could have done with a distant curlew call and a distant GS Thou being ridden enthusiastically to give me the full childhood experience but it was still a nice day all the same.
Whilst walking we met a woman we went to school with, she trains mountain rescue dogs (and to be fair her two oldish sheepdogs were rather better trained than my daughters Frenchie and my year old Bull Lurcher) but it was nice to see her.
Generally a good day. Not earth shattering, just pleasant. Its the little things.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Liverpool dropping points :thumbup:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I had a new boiler installed last month, checked the meter readings yesterday and my energy bills have dropped by £80 per month*.
The main benefit was swapping the electric shower for gas but we also swapped the hot water tank for a combi setup.
I know I would have used the heating less this month but it wasn't on much the previous month, this looks much better than the £40 I thought I'd save.

* I'm on a fixed rate just below the previous cap so when that runs out the benefit will increase.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Spring of the fuel flap broke on the moighty 406 (... broke years ago ... ). The car is my shrine to dirt cheap motoring so of course I bodged it, dirty rag shoved under the flap gives just enough pressure to ping the flap when you pull the lever.
Except last week, for no good reason, the missus decided she was tired of dirty rags and chucked it.

So I just went out and mended it with the spring from an old clothes peg.
Skub

Post by Skub »

DefTrap wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:48 pm Spring of the fuel flap broke on the moighty 406 (... broke years ago ... ). The car is my shrine to dirt cheap motoring so of course I bodged it, dirty rag shoved under the flap gives just enough pressure to ping the flap when you pull the lever.
Except last week, for no good reason, the missus decided she was tired of dirty rags and chucked it.

So I just went out and mended it with the spring from an old clothes peg.
Sounds like your missus did that deliberately. :)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm We've just had our youngest guests in the apartment, 22 &25.

Very nice and we waved them off at 8:30 .
Just been down to check everything OK and they'd been out and bought us a thankyou card and nice bottle of wine. :)

Maybe Karma for me helping them change a flat tyre on their hire car late last night. They were panicking coz of their early flight today.

I'm sure they'll be back :)
This is their review on Airbnb

Cleanlines

Accuracy

Communication

If I could rate it even higher, I would.

Penelope and Yorrick were absolute stars throughout the whole trip and helped make this probably our favourite holiday together.

From our arrival and throughout the whole trip we felt totally at home; receiving a house tour, amazing information on the area and even bottles of sun-screen that would last us the whole holiday within just a few minutes.

The location itself was perfect; blissfully quiet while on the premises, just a 10 minute walk from Costa Teguise over Lanzarote countryside and with easy access to roads ready to take us all over the island. The pool was free to access at any point and we made good use.
The interior was crisp clean and had more than everything we could need. The main bedroom was extremely comfortable and probably as large as our apartment back home, the shower was strong and never ran out of hot water, the kitchen has whatever you’d need to cook and the complimentary beer in the fridge was a lifesaver.

The accommodation is worth every penny, the island is absolutely stunning and you couldn’t be staying with nicer people.

Thanks again guys :)
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Skub wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:54 pm
DefTrap wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:48 pm So I just went out and mended it with the spring from an old clothes peg.
Sounds like your missus did that deliberately. :)

And she's a clothespeg down, so the joke's on her. ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:01 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm We've just had our youngest guests in the apartment, 22 &25.

Very nice and we waved them off at 8:30 .
Just been down to check everything OK and they'd been out and bought us a thankyou card and nice bottle of wine. :)

Maybe Karma for me helping them change a flat tyre on their hire car late last night. They were panicking coz of their early flight today.

I'm sure they'll be back :)
This is their review on Airbnb

Cleanlines

Accuracy

Communication

If I could rate it even higher, I would.

Penelope and Yorrick were absolute stars throughout the whole trip and helped make this probably our favourite holiday together.

From our arrival and throughout the whole trip we felt totally at home; receiving a house tour, amazing information on the area and even bottles of sun-screen that would last us the whole holiday within just a few minutes.

The location itself was perfect; blissfully quiet while on the premises, just a 10 minute walk from Costa Teguise over Lanzarote countryside and with easy access to roads ready to take us all over the island. The pool was free to access at any point and we made good use.
The interior was crisp clean and had more than everything we could need. The main bedroom was extremely comfortable and probably as large as our apartment back home, the shower was strong and never ran out of hot water, the kitchen has whatever you’d need to cook and the complimentary beer in the fridge was a lifesaver.

The accommodation is worth every penny, the island is absolutely stunning and you couldn’t be staying with nicer people.

Thanks again guys :)
See you next year :angelic-green:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Selling the Figaro.

Getting my garage back.

Being able to do the V5 online and saving a stamp, envelope and walk to the post box. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

gremlin wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:32 pm Selling the Figaro.

Getting my garage back.

Being able to do the V5 online and saving a stamp, envelope and walk to the post box. :thumbup:
Don't forget the automatic tax refund too!

(shame it comes as a cheque, unless you pay by DD)
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

A lady from Lebanon, I mean, I never expected to cross that one off the list, but here we are :banana-dance:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Being in the reeducation centre. Ok, not really insignificant!! And damn I'm tired and achy, but finally (since February) see the outcome for my shoulder as positive :D :D

:bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Noggin wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:38 pm Being in the reeducation centre
Sounds a bit 1984/Clockwork Orange
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:04 pm
Noggin wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:38 pm Being in the reeducation centre
Sounds a bit 1984/Clockwork Orange
It's funny to say to English people cos they all say something like that!!

But here rehab is not about injury, it's more about addiction!! LOL Have to use the right word to the right nationality!! :lol: :lol:

I sometimes compromise with 'physical rehab'!! LOL
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Jody wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:26 am A lady from Lebanon, I mean, I never expected to cross that one off the list, but here we are :banana-dance:

You have a list of nationalities of women you want to have sex with, isn't that a lot childish and more than a little creepy?
Honda Owner
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:09 pm
Jody wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:26 am A lady from Lebanon, I mean, I never expected to cross that one off the list, but here we are :banana-dance:

You have a list of nationalities of women you want to have sex with, isn't that a lot childish and more than a little creepy?
It'd be creepy if he kept the collection in a display case but, if he's not clonking people over the head or spiking their drinks and dragging them off to his cave I'd assume it takes a consensual two to horizontal tango. (She's now snaffled an Englishman's sock to add to her 137 'Socks of The World' display case in Beirut. :thumbup: )
Last edited by Count Steer on Wed May 11, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've been outside! Not just outside the hospital entrance (that I managed on my own) but into the garden!! It's lovely. Sadly I can't do that on my own, in both directions there is a slope that I can't get up one handed. Might manage if it was tarmac as I use my feet to move the chair usually. But on gravel, I can't use my feet to go uphill!!!

Bit of a shame, but I think Ive found a way to get to a different area of garden - not the flowers and veggies area, but it's green!!! :bblonde: