Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

Had another mail today offering money to buy advertising space on the forum. It actually makes me happy that someone out there is aware of our little world and existence.

Bloke a couple of weeks ago got proper stroppy when I said no to him, rambling on about all they can offer us.

No thanks. Is apparently the wrong reply. Lol.
Mussels
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:02 pm
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 568 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Mussels »

If they are cold calling you it's probably a rip off anyway, I usually don't reply to those emails at work as it just seems to encourage them.
User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

Mussels wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:14 pm If they are cold calling you it's probably a rip off anyway, I usually don't reply to those emails at work as it just seems to encourage them.
Indeedy, I didn't bother replying to today's and just deleted it.
User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

Today's mail was an offer to buy the forum itself.

As you'd expect, I didn't even entertain the mail and instantly deleted it. I would be curious to know the value, if any.

Don't worry, I got your back gang.
User avatar
Skub
Posts: 5740
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Has thanked: 4438 times
Been thanked: 3983 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Skub »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm Today's mail was an offer to buy the forum itself.

As you'd expect, I didn't even entertain the mail and instantly deleted it. I would be curious to know the value, if any.

Don't worry, I got your back gang.
Flog it for many,many pounds and we'll all jump ship to another place. :thumbup:

It's happened before yanno. ;)
User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

Skub wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:03 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm Today's mail was an offer to buy the forum itself.

As you'd expect, I didn't even entertain the mail and instantly deleted it. I would be curious to know the value, if any.

Don't worry, I got your back gang.
Flog it for many,many pounds and we'll all jump ship to another place. :thumbup:

It's happened before yanno. ;)
That'd be quite funny. But in the moves we've lost a fair few groups over the years and even though we have a core now, I wouldn't like to lose it.

You may sometimes all be arseholes, but your my arseholes
User avatar
Tricky
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 pm
Location: Chilterns
Has thanked: 1501 times
Been thanked: 1246 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:04 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:03 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm Today's mail was an offer to buy the forum itself.

As you'd expect, I didn't even entertain the mail and instantly deleted it. I would be curious to know the value, if any.

Don't worry, I got your back gang.
Flog it for many,many pounds and we'll all jump ship to another place. :thumbup:

It's happened before yanno. ;)
That'd be quite funny. But in the moves we've lost a fair few groups over the years and even though we have a core now, I wouldn't like to lose it.

You may sometimes all be arseholes, but your my arseholes
Ahem- you're :D ;)
User avatar
Skub
Posts: 5740
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Has thanked: 4438 times
Been thanked: 3983 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Skub »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:04 pm That'd be quite funny. But in the moves we've lost a fair few groups over the years and even though we have a core now, I wouldn't like to lose it.

You may sometimes all be arseholes, but your my arseholes
They'll carve that on your tombstone.

"Here lies Weeksy,a man with many arseholes". 8-)
User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

Skub wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:07 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:04 pm That'd be quite funny. But in the moves we've lost a fair few groups over the years and even though we have a core now, I wouldn't like to lose it.

You may sometimes all be arseholes, but your my arseholes
They'll carve that on your tombstone.

"Here lies Weeksy,a man with many arseholes". 8-)
I'd take that. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

My name is Faith Lopez and I handle acquisitions for Groupbuilder.

I reached out a few months ago about our interest in purchasing your forum and wanted to take the time to follow up. Even if you are not open to selling right now, it would still be great to make contact so I can make your acquaintance.

If you are not the best person to contact, would you please direct me to someone who is able to help me?

Best regards,

Faith Lopez
Funny part is, they are actually a company that buys internet forums.
Le_Fromage_Grande
Posts: 6293
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 pm
Location: The road of many manky motorcycles
Has thanked: 367 times
Been thanked: 2089 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Sell it, we'll all move somewhere else with you.
The fat cheese is hard to please
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 8279
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 3895 times
Been thanked: 3131 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Yorick »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:39 pm Sell it, we'll all move somewhere else with you.
Not if you're going :obscene-birdiedoublered:
User avatar
Druid
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:45 pm
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 537 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Druid »

Anybody that uses "reached out" should be told, in no uncertain terms, to fuck right off
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 8279
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 3895 times
Been thanked: 3131 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Yorick »

User avatar
weeksy
Site Admin
Posts: 14393
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 3799 times
Been thanked: 7013 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by weeksy »

They get ignored anyway
User avatar
Horse
Posts: 5904
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:30 am
Location: Always sunny southern England
Has thanked: 2666 times
Been thanked: 2255 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:10 pm
https://www.freestompboxes.org/

a walkout of long time members, which may be exactly what they wanted. They only care about the written posts, the content that makes for the Google hits.


That sounds familiar, Ben
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 8279
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 3895 times
Been thanked: 3131 times

Re: Advertisers, they don't seem to get it.

Post by Yorick »

Horse wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:46 pm
Yorick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:10 pm
https://www.freestompboxes.org/

a walkout of long time members, which may be exactly what they wanted. They only care about the written posts, the content that makes for the Google hits.


That sounds familiar, Ben
He was a total wanker. Money, money, money.