Cartegena 25th - 27th March 2022- Who's up for it?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Tricky

Re: Cartegena 25th - 27th March 2022- Who's up for it?

Post by Tricky »

Just got back from this (and an extended little holiday trundling up the coast), and had a cracking time, despite the weather- when we left the UK last thursday, it was glorious here, was raining in Spain (and not just on the plain :D ), and absoloutely hoofed it down for the first day there, and still rained on and off for the second day.

This was the scene when we turned up on the first morning...

It rained so much on the first day, we weren't allowed out on track until the afternoon as it was flooded, by which time a fair few had canned the day and retired to the pub, but as I had (10 year old :think: ) wets on wheels, I got out there to try and work out which way the track went, as this one is very technical IMO and took a fair bit of learning , for ancient old has-never-was-been me anyhow, but they ran open pitlane for the first day and a half which was grea and so it worked out quite well, although I still don't feel I really know it after 3 days there

The little old ZX did me well, absolutely tiptop and even better than I was hoping it might be, a little cracker of a bike but I'll update its own thread with more of a report.

A very chilled event, with a few interesting bikes there- shared a garage with matey on the RC8-C, real nice bloke and he and it went really well- not sure it will get past noise testing on any UK days though, it's proper loud, but is truly beautiful.

This was very slow, but smelt and sounded gorgeous and the owner was obviously really enjoying himself , which of course is what it is all about, and I never saw it break down once- unusual for a smoker! :lol:

And this, you could say, is nothing spectacular or unusual in terms of what it is, but I just loved the colour scheme

All in all, a great trip, with only 2 or 3 offs in total across the 3 days and not a single injury for anyone there (except for sore heads)- it's a hard work, sort of pikey-ish in terms of facilities track with a pretty rough surface and treacherous paint even in the dry, but I'd definitely go back - it gets a :thumbup: from me
wull

Re: Cartegena 25th - 27th March 2022- Who's up for it?

Post by wull »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:45 pm I asked the wife.

She said no.
She must be related to my wife :lol: