No
29%
Maybe
22%

Total votes: 41

Hoonercat

Re: Will Russia invade the Ukraine?

Post by Hoonercat »

Warnings issued here that 420 mines have broken free during a storm and are now free-floating in the Black Sea. There is a risk that southern current could carry them to the narrow Bosporus Strait.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:59 pm
slowsider wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:16 pm I presume you are at least as concerned that big tech made him the most powerful man on the planet in the first place.
Yes. Yes I am. It is an indictment of the entire cash for votes, lies for votes, fuck it fake votes system that currently defines our "democratic" system.

No I am not saying destroy it, no I am not saying I know better and if you need someone like me to come up with a better system, we're in a lot more trouble than even I suggest.

I am merely pointing out 1. simplistic analysis of vastly complex situations is facile and 2. we should all be more wary of the narrative because 3. the narrative is typically being manipulated for the financial benefit of greedy corporate interests.

Note: currently greedy politicians self-interest is what allows greedy corporate self interest to manipulate these complex political situations to their financial benefit. We all know it but it has in recent years become so commonplace and widespread it is as if we don't see the wood for the trees.
Good post Screwed.

It's funny, if i posted something like this about a year ago you would of all jumped on it calling me thick and mentally ill etc etc etc

What changed?

Is all this corruption now so obvious that people can finally see what the fuck is going on?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I think what is happening is an exponential growth in greed and corruption. It has been ticking along in the background for decades, rich get richer, poor get poorer, yadda yadda. This weaponised virus the CCP released into the world has given extraordinary powers not just to so called democratic governments but directly into the hands of big pharma, big tech and corporate interest, the true power behind the throne. All of the obvious dangers, the sidelining of usual democratic systems with its checks and balances are simply ignored by the mainstream media. Those loopholes have been exploited by the rich and powerful.

Pfizer says everybody needs a fourth booster shot and there is no longer any independent authority which can either argue with those claims nor veto their demands. They and their shareholders have made more money, more quickly out of this pandemic than ever and the transfer of wealth out of nations and into the hands of global corporations has accelerated to a rate never seen before in the history of mankind.

It's kinda hard to hide that no matter how much of the media you control.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am I think what is happening is an exponential growth in greed and corruption. It has been ticking along in the background for decades, rich get richer, poor get poorer, yadda yadda. This weaponised virus the CCP released into the world has given extraordinary powers not just to so called democratic governments but directly into the hands of big pharma, big tech and corporate interest, the true power behind the throne. All of the obvious dangers, the sidelining of usual democratic systems with its checks and balances are simply ignored by the mainstream media. Those loopholes have been exploited by the rich and powerful.

Pfizer says everybody needs a fourth booster shot and there is no longer any independent authority which can either argue with those claims nor veto their demands. They and their shareholders have made more money, more quickly out of this pandemic than ever and the transfer of wealth out of nations and into the hands of global corporations has accelerated to a rate never seen before in the history of mankind.

Yeah but you can't substantiate any of that, not even a bit.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:24 am
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am I think what is happening is an exponential growth in greed and corruption. It has been ticking along in the background for decades, rich get richer, poor get poorer, yadda yadda. This weaponised virus the CCP released into the world has given extraordinary powers not just to so called democratic governments but directly into the hands of big pharma, big tech and corporate interest, the true power behind the throne. All of the obvious dangers, the sidelining of usual democratic systems with its checks and balances are simply ignored by the mainstream media. Those loopholes have been exploited by the rich and powerful.

Yeah but you can't substantiate any of that, not even a bit.
Hammering those little gems in completely undermines any validity there may be in the rest of it. It's just 'load gun and decide which foot to shoot yourself in'. Shame.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am This weaponised virus the CCP released into the world

there is no longer any independent authority which can either argue with those claims nor veto their demands.
DefTrap wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:24 am Yeah but you can't substantiate any of that, not even a bit.
Count Steer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:38 pm Hammering those little gems in completely undermines any validity there may be in the rest of it. It's just 'load gun and decide which foot to shoot yourself in'. Shame.
That is true. I cannot substantiate anything to be fair.

Let's examine the opposite view:
Not a weaponised virus but a naturally occurring bat virus which somehow mutated in such a way as to become highly contagious specifically to humans, migrated somehow via an intermediary host animal which passed this on to a human.

CCP involvement. It did not come from China.

Released. It was not "released" it escaped, poor choice of words, uhm, somehow got out from somewhere that wasn't China...

Really not much to go on there. While my phrasing is deliberately provocative (I am angry about this nonsense) there is no evidence whatsoever for the negative image of my original statement.

Unlike previous epidemics with mystery viruses emanating from China, no host animal was ever found. China kept the spread of this epidemic secret until it had spread around the world. They continued to deny it was a problem, then denied it was even their problem while all the time refusing to allow any access to either confirm or deny the potential source.

The CDC jump right in and the first thing they say it's definitely not man made. Meanwhile it transpires that the USA were funding gain of function research, on bat coronaviruses, in laboratories, in China. Fauci made ever more extravagant claims first denying everything then attempting to redefine the meaning of "gain of function". It means manipulating a virus to make it more transmissible to humans. I call that "weaponising" frankly because if that ever gets out...

Then of course we discover COVID-19 does contain that snippet of code in its DNA that is typically used in gain of function research. It is not 100% unique to man made alterations but it is vanishingly rare. This is not the thread for such a discussion (which is done to death elsewhere) and I wish I hadn't brought it up or been so provocative. But the overwhelming preponderance of evidence points to a weaponised/g.o.f. virus has escaped or been "released", from China right next to where they play with that stuff.

As for an independent authority on world health strategy etc., if you would like to argue such a body exists, point it out to me. I'm not seeing one but I will be happy to be put right.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

It's nothing new. Look at Drake and other privateers, or the East India company. Any number of statues commemorating similar figures from history.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:44 pm there is no evidence whatsoever for the negative image of my original statement.
Well, there is though. Evidence and research from scientists across the globe rather than internet-generated conjecture. https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/han ... .1-eng.pdf
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:44 pm As for an independent authority on world health strategy etc., if you would like to argue such a body exists, point it out to me. I'm not seeing one but I will be happy to be put right.
Pfizer can't "demand" anything, they're just drug makers, it's just a point for discussion, efficacy was always going to wane. There was always going to be a 4th, 5th, 6th, nth vaccine booster, for some. Where are you going with this?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:36 pm
Pfizer can't "demand" anything, they're just drug makers, it's just a point for discussion, efficacy was always going to wane. There was always going to be a 4th, 5th, 6th, nth vaccine booster, for some. Where are you going with this?
To an appropriate thread on 'gain of function' research and constraints on Pharma companies hopefully. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:44 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am This weaponised virus the CCP released into the world

there is no longer any independent authority which can either argue with those claims nor veto their demands.
DefTrap wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:24 am Yeah but you can't substantiate any of that, not even a bit.
Count Steer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:38 pm Hammering those little gems in completely undermines any validity there may be in the rest of it. It's just 'load gun and decide which foot to shoot yourself in'. Shame.

No, let's not.

If you can not substantiate anything you have so far said then neither will you be able to substantiate the opposite view. :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:44 pm

Not a weaponised virus but a naturally occurring bat virus which somehow mutated in such a way as to become highly contagious specifically to humans, migrated somehow via an intermediary host animal which passed this on to a human.

CCP involvement. It did not come from China.

Released. It was not "released" it escaped, poor choice of words, uhm, somehow got out from somewhere that wasn't China...

Really not much to go on there. While my phrasing is deliberately provocative (I am angry about this nonsense) there is no evidence whatsoever for the negative image of my original statement.

Unlike previous epidemics with mystery viruses emanating from China, no host animal was ever found. China kept the spread of this epidemic secret until it had spread around the world. They continued to deny it was a problem, then denied it was even their problem while all the time refusing to allow any access to either confirm or deny the potential source.

The CDC jump right in and the first thing they say it's definitely not man made. Meanwhile it transpires that the USA were funding gain of function research, on bat coronaviruses, in laboratories, in China. Fauci made ever more extravagant claims first denying everything then attempting to redefine the meaning of "gain of function". It means manipulating a virus to make it more transmissible to humans. I call that "weaponising" frankly because if that ever gets out...

Then of course we discover COVID-19 does contain that snippet of code in its DNA that is typically used in gain of function research. It is not 100% unique to man made alterations but it is vanishingly rare. This is not the thread for such a discussion (which is done to death elsewhere) and I wish I hadn't brought it up or been so provocative. But the overwhelming preponderance of evidence points to a weaponised/g.o.f. virus has escaped or been "released", from China right next to where they play with that stuff.

As for an independent authority on world health strategy etc., if you would like to argue such a body exists, point it out to me. I'm not seeing one but I will be happy to be put right.
Jesus Screwd, where do we start with that? :(
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Well, when someone is so one sided in their opinion of a subject, you're unlikely to change their mind, so why bother?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:29 am
Oh btw - she was held for fourteen hours and released with a fine.
I got more than that for fighting with a very willing opponent outside a pub in the north of England.

She knew full well she'd just get nicked and just get a fine.

You really have to stop believing the shite you get fed in western media.
Looks like she’s now being charged (according to the Times) with being a British spy. I see a lengthy spell in gulag in her future. Not sure it was ever in doubt really. :(
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:38 pm Well, when someone is so one sided in their opinion of a subject, you're unlikely to change their mind, so why bother?
I'm up for it. Honest. Just show me a sick Pangolin and we'll take it from there. As for that report above from W.H.O. it is a great example for what I am suggesting regarding most (if not all) of these global health institutions. There was no real need to translate it from Chinese, everybody already knew what it would say. Most of that propaganda has already been shown to be wrong, the rest is opinion dressed up as science.

"One sided opinion" is a great tautology, I must remember that. It's just little me here and yes, I have formed an opinion. I cannot have two conflicting opinions even though I did try to investigate the opposite view (see above) which made no sense to me at all. I remember quite recently arguing vociferously against someone who declared it was definitely a man made virus, escaped from a lab etc. and my argument really centred around the situation everybody here seems to take that there is (or at least was) no hard evidence one way or the other. The assertion contained serious factual errors.

Having said that, all the circumstantial evidence points towards a man made virus escaping from a lab and all the people who definitely would know the truth are being coy if not downright disingenuous. The "lab theory" might be correct, it might not but the most telling thing for me is that "one side" is trying to shut down all dissenting information, the other is wondering why there is so much obfuscation and secrecy. Every once in a while the anti-lab, nothing to see here "authoritative sources" slip up and tell lies to support their position.

The truth is very hard to find, lies are much easier to spot. This is why I suspect, Dr. Fauci for example has been disappeared.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:33 pm Jesus Screwd, where do we start with that? :(
Pick one thing. Probably needs to move out of this thread though...
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Get help.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:25 pm the most telling thing for me is that "one side" is trying to shut down all dissenting information, the other is wondering why there is so much obfuscation and secrecy.
They're not trying to shut anything down, just ignoring it because there's no evidence and to constantly discuss it just because "it's not fair" is damaging to the current situation - get everyone vaccinated, get back to normal.
Come back with some evidence other than "it must be lies". It's easy to throw shade on the notion that scientists can't prove 100% that covid was naturally occurring because it's actually pretty effing difficult to show the pathway - there's plenty of precedent for that. But lab leak? accidental or otherwise? There isn't any. Find some, I'm all ears.

A better conclusion than your "there's no hard evidence either way" is "what's the most likely explanation?", coupled with "people are really, really shit at keeping secrets". You have to try harder to make breakthroughs, that's the way it is I'm afraid.

Currently the "covid was purposely released from a lab" theory is in the same pile as "the twin towers was a set-up by the us government".
Last edited by DefTrap on Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

wheelnut wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:39 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:29 am
Oh btw - she was held for fourteen hours and released with a fine.
I got more than that for fighting with a very willing opponent outside a pub in the north of England.

She knew full well she'd just get nicked and just get a fine.

You really have to stop believing the shite you get fed in western media.
Looks like she’s now being charged (according to the Times) with being a British spy. I see a lengthy spell in gulag in her future. Not sure it was ever in doubt really. :(
Potty Boy will put us all right on this, again.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Stumbled onto this piece and I think it's interesting enough to share:

Potter

Post by Potter »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:55 pm
Potty Boy will put us all right on this, again.
I couldn't really care less any more, but I do see that so far she's getting better treatment than the 15yr old British schoolgirl ripped out of her class, stripped naked and assaulted by the Met.