Maybe
22%

Total votes: 41

Asian Boss

Re: Will Russia invade the Ukraine?

Post by Asian Boss »

This has turned white-hot!

Let's keep it at the top. :thumbup:
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

The 'No's' are up to 5 with 17%. A few more and it'll all be over. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Dodgy knees wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:27 pm The 'No's' are up to 5 with 17%. A few more and it'll all be over. 👍
Just selected no to get it to 25%... :lol:

Come on people if you all use your 15 alias accounts to vote you can end the war, do the right thing, be an internet voting nerd and end the madness that Putin has put upon us!

:bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

BBC wrote:Russians board space station in Ukrainian colours
This one surprised me, there must have been a few people involved to make it happen. Russian people are really making objections known.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Mussels wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:59 am
This one surprised me, there must have been a few people involved to make it happen. Russian people are really making objections known.
Maybe, just maybe, this Ukrainian war may be a step to far from Putin.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mussels wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:59 am
Wow. I hope they survive reentry...
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

I don't think anyone should be claiming they have the authority, credibility or wherewithal to void other people's opinions. Certainly not on the basis of dropping out of higher education, a short spell in prison, a longer period in the lower ranks of the armed forces followed by some itinerant toolgoonery.
Last edited by Asian Boss on Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

;) :lol:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

US are apparently sending a fair few toys for Ukrainian forces to play with, among them 100 “Switchblade” suicide drones.

Human ingenuity never fails to amaze me when it comes to weapons, those drones are absolutely terrifying….
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I've seen a report that cheap Turkish drones have been very effective for Ukraine's defence, they are slow and noisy but it doesn't seem to matter.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mussels wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:39 pm I've seen a report that cheap Turkish drones have been very effective for Ukraine's defence, they are slow and noisy but it doesn't seem to matter.
Bayrakar. They are a more typical large remote control platform for launching weapons and/or spying etc.

The Swichblade is more sinister, it is a cheap death. They’re only about £6k for a start that means not only very affordable but also you can buy a LOT of firepower for your money. Cheap and light, they fit into a backpack and can be launched in minutes. Their trick is to loiter, just hang around in the air looking for a target or until it spots a preprogrammed target, like a tank or (one assumes) a person/persons.

A small squad equipped with these weapons could literally launch a swarm of guided/autonomous killer drones.

This was Sci-Fi a few years ago, now it’s here. Absolutely horrifying.

Apparently the Russian also have a similar weapon, one of them fell on a building in a civilian occupied area of Ukraine but failed to go off. Packed with ball bearings….

Bastards!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mussels wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:39 pm I've seen a report that cheap Turkish drones have been very effective for Ukraine's defence, they are slow and noisy but it doesn't seem to matter.

Not that cheap but considerably cheaper than US Reapers. Used successfully in Syria and a couple of other campaigns. The Turks are quite proud of their Bayraktar TB2.
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Well put.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

^ I bet that'll make Putin alter his views
ogri

Post by ogri »

Nuke the fekkers, what could possibly go wrong :P
Ignorance is bliss
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Asian Boss wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:48 pm

Well put.
I got to the bit about the insurrection, then lost every last shred of respect I ever had for that dumb mouthpiece.

It is a shame people who develop influence for one thing think that makes them an authority on everything.

After so many years of steroid abuse, it doesn't matter how many predators you kill, if you're the biggest baddest terminator or suck on the biggest fattest cigar money can buy; there's no cure for micropenis.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:15 pm
Asian Boss wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:48 pm

Well put.
I got to the bit about the insurrection, then lost every last shred of respect I ever had for that dumb mouthpiece.

It is a shame people who develop influence for one thing think that makes them an authority on everything.

After so many years of steroid abuse, it doesn't matter how many predators you kill, if you're the biggest baddest terminator or suck on the biggest fattest cigar money can buy; there's no cure for micropenis.
So aside from the vitriol and character assassination, what exactly is it in Arnie's message that you disagree with? I cannot disagree with a single word he said. Now I realise that in your eyes that makes me a deluded running dog of the capitalist ubermasters, but I completely fail to see why his message prompted such a foaming rant from you.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:47 pm So aside from the vitriol and character assassination, what exactly is it in Arnie's message that you disagree with? I cannot disagree with a single word he said. Now I realise that in your eyes that makes me a deluded running dog of the capitalist ubermasters, but I completely fail to see why his message prompted such a foaming rant from you.
A crowd mobbed the senate, they broke into a building to protest against a demonstrably unfair election (don't get me started). As such yes, they should be prosecuted to the last letter of the law, have the book thrown at them.

But that didn't happen. Not a single one has been charged with "insurrection". Instead, they were rounded up and thrown in jail where they still reside.

The whole thing stinks. This inexplicable "insurrection" is the pretext by which the entire establishment, government, big tech, mainstream media maintain complete censorship of the previous president of the USA. To be fair, it is pretty impressive to be able to silence such a popular ex-president. Impressive and yet at the same time, an indictment of the authoritarian regime the democratic party have carved out for themselves.

They are destroying America while lining their own pockets. A year ago people were asking what on earth has that got to do with us here in the UK. Yeah, well, look around. Lap dogs like our fat friend Arnie are responsible for this mess. And yes, in my opinion, that includes Putins decision to invade Ukraine. America is weak and that does not bode well for the Western world.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:47 am
, mainstream media maintain complete censorship of the previous president of the USA. To be fair, it is pretty impressive to be able to silence such a popular ex-president.
Or ex-leaders are irrelevant - we don't see May, Cameron, Blair, Obama being afforded regular air time or demanding column inches. Most of them have the decency to make themselves scarce anyway. Maybe trump should do the same, or at least accept that the world no longer has to be part of his circus.
Felix

Post by Felix »