29%
Maybe
22%

Total votes: 41

Screwdriver

Re: Will Russia invade the Ukraine?

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:51 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm Interesting how there is not a single condemnation for Ukraine and their white supremacist Nazi army regiments.
Where are you seeing this information though. I've only heard the accusations, I've not seen even an attempt at any proof on credible media outlets. If it's all links to Youtube-ranting from the usual suspects than you'll have to excuse me for having had my blinkers on - it's automatic.
It won't be on the mainstream media but it's common knowledge for example that Zelensky needed support from the extreme right wing to secure his election victory. I think they were already operating as an independent counter insurgency group (in the Donbas region?). definitely not working for the regular Ukrainian armed forces, fighting against Russian "sympathisers" who definitely weren't just the Russian army in civvies.

I seem to recall watching a YouTube video where a journo follows these chaps while on ops. They are fucking hard core white supremacists which while despicable and indefensible, is exactly the sort of cunt you want fighting for you...

Just out of interest, you know Zelensky was an actor/comedian right? Life imitating art he played the part of someone who accidentally becomes the president. Damn, he looks good on telly...
Potter

Post by Potter »

Iirc they were quietly absorbed into the regular Ukrainian army back in 2016-ish and then the yanks came in to train them.
Full on Nazi insignia and ideology, so there is no mistaking who they are and what they’re about.
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:04 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm Interesting how there is not a single condemnation for Ukraine and their white supremacist Nazi army regiments.
Where are you seeing this information though. I've only heard the accusations, I've not seen even an attempt at any proof on credible media outlets. If it's all links to Youtube-ranting from the usual suspects than you'll have to excuse me for having had my blinkers on - it's automatic.
There was a story on the BBC this morning about them.
Congress have debated it. Amnesty have reported on it. The UN have.
IIRC when Trump was in power the democrats lobbied to them put on the known terrorist watch lists but Trump had something going on with them (training I think) so it was brushed under the carpet.
Etc.

Depends if you think they’re credible.

There are even interviews with them on film, I think Vice or someone similar did a documentary about foreign mercenaries that were connected to known white supremacist banned groups had joined them or were seconded to them. A couple of years ago now so it might be difficult to find since it’s very inconvenient for the west.
Would you care to publish here the evidence to support the above ~8 propositions? Thanks.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Potter

Post by Potter »

irie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:12 pm
Would you care to publish here the evidence to support the above ~8 propositions? Thanks.
No im on my phone and I’m not your secretary nor your teacher, if you can’t be arsed to do your own research then stay quiet.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Nobody has raised any issues regarding scuttling around trying to blag oil?

Ahem.

"Is it coincidence that they released the hostages on the same day that Our Glorious Leader put his dignity in the cupboard and waddled off to meet the chief head hunter, cap in one hand and petrol can in the other? He's going to get a bit of a grilling about any new entente with Iran."
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:19 pm Nobody has raised any issues regarding scuttling around trying to blag oil?

Ahem.

"Is it coincidence that they released the hostages on the same day that Our Glorious Leader put his dignity in the cupboard and waddled off to meet the chief head hunter, cap in one hand and petrol can in the other? He's going to get a bit of a grilling about any new entente with Iran."

Ahh fair play, missed it.

How do you feel about Ukraine being at least partially managed under Nazi ideology?
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:16 pm
irie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:12 pm
No im on my phone and I’m not your secretary nor your teacher, if you can’t be arsed to do your own research then stay quiet.
If you can't be arsed to produce evidence to substantiate your claims then obviously no-one will believe you. :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Potter

Post by Potter »

irie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:22 pm

If you can't be arsed to produce evidence to substantiate your claims then obviously no-one will believe you. :lol:
Good.
Stay quiet then, you’re mostly ignored anyway.
irie

Post by irie »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:19 pm Nobody has raised any issues regarding scuttling around trying to blag oil?

Ahem.

A very nasty business, but if you don't deal with them the lights go out. Which is why Germany is still paying Russia about $500m per week for oil alone, but I don't know the natural gas numbers which I believe are far larger. Germany is effectively financing the Russian war in Ukraine. An ugly equation.

As an aside, even Lynton Crosby could not have planned the Russian invasion of Ukraine as a dead cat to chuck on the table to divert attention from so-called 'Partygate'.
Potter

Post by Potter »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ ... -neo-nazis

There you go, from years ago and a reputable source?
I’ve only skim read it but it mentions amnesty.

I really cba researching Congress records on my phone, but they’ll be there. Same with the UN records.

The documentary might be hard to find now, I doubt it’s still on any western media since the propaganda started.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Ahem.

I have no problem with that. My only problem currently is htf to pay my fuel bill. Thanks to the CCP/Russian funded extremist left wing climate change activists that run the USA, America is abandoning its own oil production which has already thrown a spanner in the works.

This sanctions war against Russia is all well and good but it's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Politics and diplomacy seems to be taking a back seat while the world leaders are playing silly buggers.

I think Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release is actually coincident with the UK paying its debt for some weapons deal from the 70's. I'll happily take Iranian oil thanks. No worse than the Saudi's, no worse than Russia. Still buy all my tat from the CCP but that decision is kinda out of our hands now too...
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:07 pm
It won't be on the mainstream media but it's common knowledge for example that Zelensky needed support from the extreme right wing to secure his election victory. I think they were already operating as an independent counter insurgency group (in the Donbas region?). definitely not working for the regular Ukrainian armed forces, fighting against Russian "sympathisers" who definitely weren't just the Russian army in civvies.

I seem to recall watching a YouTube video where a journo follows these chaps while on ops. They are fucking hard core white supremacists which while despicable and indefensible, is exactly the sort of cunt you want fighting for you...

Just out of interest, you know Zelensky was an actor/comedian right? Life imitating art he played the part of someone who accidentally becomes the president. Damn, he looks good on telly...
Zelensky got 73% of the popular vote, hardly sounds like he needed help to win, unless you are suggesting that a quarter of the population are Nazis willing to vote for a Jew.
Last edited by JamJar on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:25 pm
irie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:22 pm
Good.
Stay quiet then, you’re mostly ignored anyway.
Ignore me too, no probs. It's what you do anyway with anyone who disagrees with you or, perish the thought, knows more than you about anything! :lol:
Last edited by irie on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:21 pm

Ahem.

Ahh fair play, missed it.

How do you feel about Ukraine being at least partially managed under Nazi ideology?
It was in another thread.

Any such regiments should have been dismantled a long time ago and really, really should be as soon as the Russians leave. I'm not convinced that the current government is happy about them. If they are, they shouldn't be. They shouldn't be allowed to develop as any sort of political power base. It's a stain.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

The government incorporated them into the army in 2014.

I did a search on Vice and got this https://www.vice.com/en/article/3ab7dw/ ... -far-right

The FBI were interested in them and the rise of Nazism.

Lots of info in that article to lead you to further research.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:39 pm
It was in another thread.

Any such regiments should have been dismantled a long time ago and really, really should be as soon as the Russians leave. I'm not convinced that the current government is happy about them. If they are, they shouldn't be. They shouldn't be allowed to develop as any sort of political power base. It's a stain.
Good man.
Took me a while and some abuse to get to it though.

All evil needs is good men to sit back and say nothing.

The Nazis are real, they’re significant and they’re on the march.

But I’m just a paranoid crackpot.
Potter

Post by Potter »

irie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:39 pm Ignore me too, no probs. It's what you do anyway with anyone who disagrees with you or, perish the thought, knows more than you about anything! :lol:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Have you ever considered that maybe some things can be taken as read Iccy?

For example, I don't recall seeing you directly condone the bombing of hospitals in Ukraine. Am I to infer that you support that then? Of course not.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:56 pm Have you ever considered that maybe some things can be taken as read Iccy?

For example, I don't recall seeing you directly condone the bombing of hospitals in Ukraine. Am I to infer that you support that then? Of course not.
Yeah bad shit that.
Unforgivable.

See the difference?
I’m not arguing it didn’t happen and/or it’s Biddens fault.

When bad shit happens call it out. Then you see who is really who by who defends it and who agrees it’s bad shit.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I agree...but FWIW this whole right wing thing has hardly been brushed under the carpet AFAICT. There have been front page articles about it on the mainstream news sites in the last few weeks for example.

The "nutter" tag for me comes in when people are a)claiming that its a secret that is hidden away and b)Zelensky - a Jew who won a huge chunk of the popular vote - owes his success to their support.

As for Iranian oil and the like. Personally I'd rather pay a higher gas bill, but I know most wouldn't and many can't.