No
29%
Maybe
22%

Total votes: 41

Horse

Re: Will Russia invade the Ukraine?

Post by Horse »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:37 pm If you're not willing to dig around for it then maybe don't just accept that anyone Russian is a spy/assassin/evil and that foreign governments are all savages that will skin you for daring to give them a sideways glance.
Wow - unhelpful, with a side order of insinuation and insult :D

I hadn't realised how difficult it is to post links to reputable sources :D

Keep up the good work! You may well be right, but being unwilling to share your trustable news and information sources hardly helps others to view your posts with scepticism.
Last edited by Horse on Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:09 pm
Keep up the good work! You may well be right, be being unwilling to share your trustable news and information sources hardly helps others to view your posts with scepticism.
Every bit of news has an angle, and it's experience that helps you pick through the bones.
Getting out of the UK and seeing the world and meeting people from other countries is what really make a difference though.

However, if you're the sort of person that will use excuses to justify creating Nazi army regiments, then no amount of news will help you, you're simply corrupt.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

JackyJoll wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:10 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 pm Btw, I was talking to a finance chap over lunch, he asked me if I'd noticed that the dollar has taken a bath, I hadn't, but he reckons he has been tipped the wink that India and China are just about sick of America trying to play god and they're going to be sympathetic to Russia's position, they'll increase trading with them to create an eastern commercial alliance.

I dunno, it's just a lunchtime chat with a commodities trader, but it makes sense to me, if that happens Europe is bolloxed when Russia, China and India turn the lights out.
Hope you didn’t give him any money.
Yup. If the finance chappie had to be 'tipped the wink' over the potential global strategic realignment the the economists have been talking about for ages, he must have been living under a bucket. The clustering of 'autocracies' vs 'democracies' discussion has include China, Russia, India, Turkey, half of Africa, the oil monarchies and all the other usual suspects. I use inverted commas as several are supposed to be democracies but are currently operating as autocracies. The attempts by Russia to lever Turkey away from NATO are one big topic, particularly now given the Turkish links with Ukraine and access to the Black Sea. India has been performing a balancing act for a while and they're applying leverage but they have been nose to nose with China in border skirmishes since 2020, which has pushed them towards Russia, from where they sourced their air defence missiles (which may prompt USA sanctions). If Russia and China get even chummier, India is piggy-in-the-middle.Turkey bought Russian systems too but they also supplied drones to Ukraine, so there's a few imponderables there.

So (wink) the world is changing. You heard it here first. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:17 pm Every bit of news has an angle, and it's experience that helps you pick through the bones.
So telling us to look elsewhere is irrelevant.

Make your mind up.
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:17 pm However, if you're the sort of person that will use excuses to justify creating Nazi army regiments, then no amount of news will help you, you're simply corrupt.
Oh goody. More insinuation, about things I haven't commented on.

You're sounding more and more paranoid.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Yup. If the finance chappie had to be 'tipped the wink' over the potential global strategic realignment the the economists have been talking about for ages, he must have been living under a bucket. The clustering of 'autocracies' vs 'democracies' discussion has include China, Russia, India, Turkey, half of Africa, the oil monarchies and all the other usual suspects. I use inverted commas as several are supposed to be democracies but are currently operating as autocracies. The attempts by Russia to lever Turkey away from NATO are one big topic, particularly now given the Turkish links with Ukraine and access to the Black Sea. India has been performing a balancing act for a while and they're applying leverage but they have been nose to nose with China in border skirmishes since 2020, which has pushed them towards Russia, from where they sourced their air defence missiles (which may prompt USA sanctions). If Russia and China get even chummier, India is piggy-in-the-middle.Turkey bought Russian systems too but they also supplied drones to Ukraine, so there's a few imponderables there.

Yeah yeah, you knew about it all along.

He took me out to lunch to celebrate the killing he made over the last 48hrs based on the latest information, but you knew that right, seeing as how you know more than the senior strategy guys at a large investment bank :roll:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:54 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:14 pm
Well over a year ago Screwd said that all this would happen but he was bullied into silence and called a nutter,
He said the actual invasion would happen in April last year, not in 2022. And he was considered a 'nutter' because within the space of a couple of posts he turned the thread into another rant about Biden mafia/corporates/Clintons/Trump etc. Again. :hmmm:
I didn't put a date on it, like many others I just saw it coming from a mile off. Eventually the truth will out and all the "madman" exposés regarding Biden, Clinton etc. will also become common knowledge. Course, it will be too late by then, it's too late now, the extreme left wing, ironically funded by the CCP/Russia, have already destroyed America.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm
Is that gas lighting? I'm not sure exactly on the term, but I think it's when someone is clearly on the money but you try and make them feel like they're a bit mental because the truth is too unpleasant.

Interesting how there is not a single condemnation for Ukraine and their white supremacist Nazi army regiments.

Boris and Truss have jumped into bed with the Iranians, they're sucking up to the Saudis, tacitly supporting Eastern European Nazism, but not a peep out of any of you.
No. 10 has a party and it's full pitchforks out, but all that going on above and you're oh so quietly climbing into bed with Boris now because it suits you.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm
Is that gas lighting? I'm not sure exactly on the term, but I think it's when someone is clearly on the money but you try and make them feel like they're a bit mental because the truth is too unpleasant.

Interesting how there is not a single condemnation for Ukraine and their white supremacist Nazi army regiments.

Boris and Truss have jumped into bed with the Iranians, they're sucking up to the Saudis, tacitly supporting Eastern European Nazism, but not a peep out of any of you.
No. 10 has a party and it's full pitchforks out, but all that going on above and you're oh so quietly climbing into bed with Boris now because it suits you.
Or maybe you've just gone a bit mental?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:36 pm

He took me out to lunch to celebrate the killing he made over the last 48hrs based on the latest information, but you knew that right, seeing as how you know more than the senior strategy guys at a large investment bank :roll:
PMSL. 48hrs eh?

Nighty night. Sleep tight.
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

when someone is clearly on the money but you try and make them feel like they're a bit mental because the truth is too unpleasant.
No idea.

But in a couple of posts you've gone from 'the truth is there if you look for it' to ' ... but you will only recognise it if you have my life experiences".

Google says:

paranoia
noun
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution 1 , unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance 2, typically worked into an organized system 3 . It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

1 accusations of gaslighting
2 my experience, or you won't see it
3. you're all nazi supporters but won't admit it
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

If only he’d told you about it 48 hours earlier…
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

The same ones that caused the 2008 crisis? :geek:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:36 pm He took me out to lunch
Before he wore the hat?

Proper gentleman. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

JackyJoll wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:14 pm
If only he’d told you about it 48 hours earlier…
Funnily enough the probability of a recession in the USA in 2020 was very publicly raised to 33% 2 days ago. And the $ fell! Whoda thunk it? Only a Seniorstrategy wonk at a large investment bank. Pure financial wizardry. Traders eh? They're not mortals.
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:25 pm
Funnily enough the probability of a recession in the USA in 2020 was very publicly raised to 33% 2 days ago. And the $ fell! Whoda thunk it? Only a Seniorstrategy wonk at a large investment bank. Pure financial wizardry. Traders eh? They're not mortals.
And did you take that information you had sparkling at your fingertips and make shit loads of money? No you didn't.

Look, I'd love to argue about whether you're cleverer than the fella that just made enough in the last two days to buy you out wholesale, but that's not really why I'm posting, I was posting for discussion to see if any of you were going to condemn the use of whole Nazi regiments of soldiers, armed and trained by the USA to do their bidding whilst operating under a full on white supremacist Nazi cap badge - but I have my answer.

I also wanted to call out that the woman that you all said would be spirited away and tortured to death is alive and well and buzzing all over social media with just a small fine.

And mention that you're being very quiet about Boris and Truss crawling all over the middle east licking arse and begging for oil, when previously it was a hard line on human rights and other racist shite.

You were so loud about Boris's party, so I figured that you must have an opinion on the above.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm Interesting how there is not a single condemnation for Ukraine and their white supremacist Nazi army regiments.
Where are you seeing this information though. I've only heard the accusations, I've not seen even an attempt at any proof on credible media outlets. If it's all links to Youtube-ranting from the usual suspects than you'll have to excuse me for having had my blinkers on - it's automatic.
Horse

Post by Horse »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:51 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm Interesting how there is not a single condemnation for Ukraine and their white supremacist Nazi army regiments.
Where are you seeing this information though
I tried asking for these reputable sources but, for my troubles, was called a nasty nazi sympathiser and told the sources only be understandable if I'd had similar life experiences.
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:17 pm
Horse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:52 am
Where do you suggest instead?
I'm just pointing out the sort of hypocrisy that starts wars.

I'm not saying Putin is better than Boris or the zombie puppet controlled by the white supremacists running the USA, but you don't have to get behind them or make excuses for them when they start sabre rattling.
Ooh, I do love a good old conspiracy theory. :lol:

Signed: boomer

Let's be fair Iccy, you and your pals have more money, know more, and are far more prescient than anyone on RTTL. :lol:

Again, signed: boomer
Last edited by irie on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

You still looking to buy a house in Suffolk?
Potter

Post by Potter »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:51 pm
Where are you seeing this information though. I've only heard the accusations, I've not seen even an attempt at any proof on credible media outlets. If it's all links to Youtube-ranting from the usual suspects than you'll have to excuse me for having had my blinkers on - it's automatic.
There was a story on the BBC this morning about them.
Congress have debated it. Amnesty have reported on it. The UN have.
IIRC when Trump was in power the democrats lobbied to them put on the known terrorist watch lists but Trump had something going on with them (training I think) so it was brushed under the carpet.
Etc.

Depends if you think they’re credible.

There are even interviews with them on film, I think Vice or someone similar did a documentary about foreign mercenaries that were connected to known white supremacist banned groups had joined them or were seconded to them. A couple of years ago now so it might be difficult to find since it’s very inconvenient for the west.