Maybe
22%

Total votes: 41

ogri

Re: Will Russia invade the Ukraine?

Post by ogri »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:29 am
ogri wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:10 am Probably RIP Marina Ovsyannikova. :(
Oh btw - she was held for fourteen hours and released with a fine.
I got more than that for fighting with a very willing opponent outside a pub in the north of England.

She knew full well she'd just get nicked and just get a fine.

You really have to stop believing the shite you get fed in western media.
Not finished with her yet!
Ignorance is bliss
Potter

Post by Potter »

A brown man doing that behind someone reading The News at Ten during the Afghan invasion would have been called and charged as a terrorist.
She got an absolute squeeze.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:52 am
Where do you suggest instead?
I'm just pointing out the sort of hypocrisy that starts wars.

I'm not saying Putin is better than Boris or the zombie puppet controlled by the white supremacists running the USA, but you don't have to get behind them or make excuses for them when they start sabre rattling.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:17 pm

I'm not saying Putin is better than Boris or the zombie puppet controlled by the white supremacists running the USA, but you don't have to get behind them or make excuses for them when they start sabre rattling.
You mixed your login up with Greenman ?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Where do you suggest getting news and information (guessing that you, or your people, didn't talk with her directly)?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:26 pm
I think I got old and pieced together all the experience I have, a couple of wars I was in, being around people that can control governments, weighing up western news and eastern news, realising that people are just people...and went "Hang on...." :lol:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:11 pm A brown man doing that behind someone reading The News at Ten during the Afghan invasion would have been called and charged as a terrorist.
In an actual BBC news invasion, the activists weren't charged.

https://attitude.co.uk/article/remember ... -28/17944/
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:32 pm
I think I got old and pieced together all the experience I have, a couple of wars I was in, being around people that can control governments, weighing up western news and eastern news, realising that people are just people...and went "Hang on...." :lol:
Dunno man, i think you're losing the plot... it's like seeing the grandpa who starts putting the kettle in the fridge and walking round in his slippers...

I'm not worried as you don't know where i live :) but if you did, i'd be putting extra locks on my door.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:31 pm
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Where do you suggest getting news and information (guessing that you, or your people, didn't talk with her directly)?
If you're not willing to dig around for it then maybe don't just accept that anyone Russian is a spy/assassin/evil and that foreign governments are all savages that will skin you for daring to give them a sideways glance.
slowsider wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:34 pm
Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:11 pm A brown man doing that behind someone reading The News at Ten during the Afghan invasion would have been called and charged as a terrorist.

That's not really apples vs apples is it.
The only brown bloke allowed near News at Ten was Trevor McDonald, anyone else was probably stopped at security as a suspected burglar.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:36 pm
Dunno man, i think you're losing the plot... it's like seeing the grandpa who starts putting the kettle in the fridge and walking round in his slippers...

I'm not worried as you don't know where i live :) but if you did, i'd be putting extra locks on my door.
The problem is that I understand the plot and I don't really want anything to do with it, I could say the same about politics, corporate finance, or anything else fundamentally corrupt.
I wish I was still as innocent as you, and that's not an insult.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:38 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:36 pm

The problem is that I understand the plot and I don't really want anything to do with it, I could say the same about politics, corporate finance, or anything else fundamentally corrupt.
I wish I was still as innocent as you, and that's not an insult.
I think i simply care less, whether that's innocence or something else i don't know. But i just simply don't care. You'd be amazed how little i care about such a vast amount of things these days.

that may be foolish... but i just can't even begin to care.

I do care about this place though... and that's making me sad at the moment.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:37 pm
Horse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:31 pm
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

If you're not willing to dig around for it then maybe don't just accept that anyone Russian is a spy/assassin/evil and that foreign governments are all savages that will skin you for daring to give them a sideways glance.

The only brown bloke allowed near News at Ten was Trevor McDonald, anyone else was probably stopped at security as a suspected burglar.
Just as well there were no brown people involved in either protest then.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Btw, I was talking to a finance chap over lunch, he asked me if I'd noticed that the dollar has taken a bath, I hadn't, but he reckons he has been tipped the wink that India and China are just about sick of America trying to play god and they're going to be sympathetic to Russia's position, they'll increase trading with them to create an eastern commercial alliance.

I dunno, it's just a lunchtime chat with a commodities trader, but it makes sense to me, if that happens Europe is bolloxed when Russia, China and India turn the lights out.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:37 pm

But that's a red(dish-brown) herring - she was Russian, protesting an expeditionary war by Russia, on the propaganda channel she worked for. You didn't have to be brown to protest against the Afghan war. Nor white to fight for whitey.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:43 pm
Having a politics section where people can post lies and propaganda, and then moaning when it's lively, doesn't seem like a good plan then.
Delete it.

It's like a pub opening and offering a corner up to neo-Nazis and then complaining when they talk about Nazism.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:51 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:43 pm
Having a politics section where people can post lies and propaganda, and then moaning when it's lively, doesn't seem like a good plan then.
Delete it.

It's like a pub opening and offering a corner up to neo-Nazis and then complaining when they talk about Nazism.
We've had these discussions and the section stays, it just really really really fucking irritates me, especially whiteys, brown people, etc etc and other fucking bullshit terms. It's pathetic, absolutely fucking pathetic...

But maybe in some way it helps people get things off their chest, have a bit of a rant and maybe feel they're not alone in this world.

Me though, i think you're a bunch of pathetic whiny wankers :)
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 pm Btw, I was talking to a finance chap over lunch, he asked me if I'd noticed that the dollar has taken a bath, I hadn't, but he reckons he has been tipped the wink that India and China are just about sick of America trying to play god and they're going to be sympathetic to Russia's position, they'll increase trading with them to create an eastern commercial alliance.

I dunno, it's just a lunchtime chat with a commodities trader, but it makes sense to me, if that happens Europe is bolloxed when Russia, China and India turn the lights out.
Hope you didn’t give him any money.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:53 pm
We've had these discussions and the section stays, it just really really really fucking irritates me...
That's because you only see it as negative.
Well over a year ago Screwd said that all this would happen but he was bullied into silence and called a nutter, I predicted high inflation back then but was called a doom monger - now it's all actually happened and tensions are high.

Teaching people about things they don't know is a positive thing, it's just about how you receive the message.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I don't know what's got into him, he seems to be taking the words out of my mouth on every thread.

In my hiatus from here i have been keeping a look in now and again and keep agreeing with a lot of the posts i read and to my surprise most of them have been from Iccy.

Iccy have you seen the light, you seem to be quite libertarian these days, good on ya!
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Potter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:14 pm
Well over a year ago Screwd said that all this would happen but he was bullied into silence and called a nutter,
He said the actual invasion would happen in April last year, not in 2022. And he was considered a 'nutter' because within the space of a couple of posts he turned the thread into another rant about Biden mafia/corporates/Clintons/Trump etc. Again. :hmmm: