Piss Boiling

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Druid

Re: Piss Boiling

Post by Druid »

Rockburner wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:58 pm I think all the airlines are in states of major chaos.
Virgin aren't even talking to customers unless their flight is less than 3 days away.
We had flights booked for Friday, Newcastle to Copenhagen. Last night got an email saying flights were cancelled but we could rebook online. I don't want to rebook, I want my money back so I tried to phone KLM and got put on hold - for an hour. I had booked through Expedia so tried them next, put on hold for 20 minutes then disconnected - twice. Tried to contact my travel insurance company, put on hold for 46 minutes before I gave up.

Fortunately I have paid using my credit card, so hopefully I can claim it all back from them and they can spend all day on hold to KLM/Expedia etc
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Travelling on motorways at night in the UK! Diversion to M2 because M20 closed for roadworks. Diversion because M25 was closed for roadworks! Diversion because the M4 was closed for roadworks on two different parts! Aaaggghhhhh.......Not what you need after a hack up through France from south to north after 11 hours in the car already.......
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Car. You're in a bloody car.
Stop moaning and turn the heating off.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Nobby wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 pm Car. You're in a bloody car.
Stop moaning and turn the heating off.
Now listen here it was a bad day and I know we were in a car! Too bloody cold and wet for the bike. I’m not that stupid on a holiday in March...... :lol:
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Dutchman

Post by Dutchman »

ebay buyers. well one of them :twisted:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Supplier contacts me: In stock. 700ml bottles, £15 incl VAT EACH. Minimum order 10. Not a chance. I wanted to get 40 bottles for the local foodbank so that they could stay open and be safe in their work but sadly I cannot do that with this sort of price gouging. All other janitorial suppliers I normally use are also out of stock...
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

the_priest wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm Supplier contacts me: In stock. 700ml bottles, £15 incl VAT EACH. Minimum order 10. Not a chance. I wanted to get 40 bottles for the local foodbank so that they could stay open and be safe in their work but sadly I cannot do that with this sort of price gouging. All other janitorial suppliers I normally use are also out of stock...
So start thinking outside of the box, ie; https://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/re ... andwashing

Maybe send Brewdog a tweet with your intentions, they may hook you up
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:49 pm
the_priest wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm Supplier contacts me: In stock. 700ml bottles, £15 incl VAT EACH. Minimum order 10. Not a chance. I wanted to get 40 bottles for the local foodbank so that they could stay open and be safe in their work but sadly I cannot do that with this sort of price gouging. All other janitorial suppliers I normally use are also out of stock...
So start thinking outside of the box, ie; https://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/re ... andwashing

Maybe send Brewdog a tweet with your intentions, they may hook you up
Good thinking but they are out of stock. :(

ps i dont have tweeter
Last edited by the_priest on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

The DVLA.
So I need a V5 so I fill out a V62, cost is £25 payable by cheque or postal order. Who still has cheques FFS, and, in case DVLA don’t know, there’s a virus doing the rounds so I should not be near other people.
I call them, can I pay online or over the phone?
Morons.
Ta
Mick
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Good News.
The BBC announce that they are to cease filming Eastenders. As a consequence , they will be reducing the programmes weekly output.
Did they then send the work experience guy off to the Archives to select a program for a Friday night's airing ?
You'd expect maybe an Attenborough type program. Something educational possibly ?
No. What you get for your Licence Fee is. Fucking drum roll.....
A Miranda Christmas Special. WTAF.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Nobby wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:12 am Good News.
The BBC announce that they are to cease filming Eastenders. As a consequence , they will be reducing the programmes weekly output.
Did they then send the work experience guy off to the Archives to select a program for a Friday night's airing ?
You'd expect maybe an Attenborough type program. Something educational possibly ?
No. What you get for your Licence Fee is. Fucking drum roll.....
A Miranda Christmas Special. WTAF.
Have you lost the remote for the telly ?