Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Felix

Re: Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Post by Felix »

Yorick wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:17 pm I skim read in here. The main idiots have been on ignore for years :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Well at least he know he is not one of the main idiots now :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Felix wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:31 pm
Yorick wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:17 pm I skim read in here. The main idiots have been on ignore for years :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Well at least he know he is not one of the main idiots now :lol:
He's a nice lad IRL. Just a pain in these threads
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:49 pm Yes, life is complicated, but despite all the complications, a few simple facts remain.
Ukraine is a sovereign country.
Russia invaded Ukraine.
Russia is killing civilians in Ukraine.
Russia threatens to go nuclear if anyone intervenes.

Ok, so some senior western politicians are as thick as planks. And big arms manufacturers like a war, because it is good for business, but that hardly excuses Putin's actions.

In my book he is a very dangerous criminal meglomanic.
Meanwhile, Israel has annexed part of Syria and occupied East Jerusalem.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:49 pm Yes, life is complicated, but despite all the complications, a few simple facts remain.
Russia invaded Ukraine.

Ok, so some senior western politicians are as thick as planks. And big arms manufacturers like a war, because it is good for business, but that hardly excuses Putin's actions.

He likes meglos?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Skub

Post by Skub »

irie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:48 pm
Skub wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:02 pm
irie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:48 pm 370+ words paraphrasing something? :lol:
You counted? :shock:
Nope, just copied and pasted into an online word counter. Rocket science. Not.
You have a word counter? :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Skub wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:53 am

Refugees with a good work ethic will take any job.
irie

Post by irie »

Google "Online word count".
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

slowsider wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:21 am
Russia invaded Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Israel has annexed part of Syria and occupied East Jerusalem.
Yes, I didn't say he was the only criminal idiot in world politics. Netanyahu is a contender too, as is Assad, assorted military blokes in Myanmar, and other people in other places too. I just think Putin is the most dangerous at this moment.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

irie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:39 am

Google "Online word count".
If we miss out the last 'o', the result might be predictable.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

They're all bad but Putin is currently head and shoulders above even the worst politicians.

He has nothing to lose now and it "looks like" his forces are retreating...

What do you do when you have nothing to lose? You go all in.

If I can't have Ukraine, nobody can. My spidey senses see a massive bombardment in the very near future. If he can't have his victory parade in Kyiv, what's to stop him bombarding it into rubble?
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:23 am They're all bad but Putin is currently head and shoulders above even the worst politicians.

He has nothing to lose now and it "looks like" his forces are retreating...

What do you do when you have nothing to lose? You go all in.

If I can't have Ukraine, nobody can. My spidey senses see a massive bombardment in the very near future. If he can't have his victory parade in Kyiv, what's to stop him bombarding it into rubble?
This, and other similar weapon systems presumably.
DT wrote: Longer range artillery and armoured vehicles will be sent to Ukraine in a significant ramping up of Western support, Ben Wallace announced on Thursday.

The Defence Secretary confirmed that Britain and its allies would send more lethal aid after he convened an international donor conference.

The aid will include the provision of air and coastal defence systems, longer-range artillery and counter battery weapons, armoured vehicles as well as more training and logistical support.

“First of all Ukraine needs longer-range artillery and that’s because of what the Russian army has been doing – it has been now digging in and starting to pound these cities with artilleries,” Mr Wallace said.

“The best counter to that is other long-range artillery, so they will be looking for and getting more long-range artillery, ammunition predominantly.”
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 pm
Censorship is rampant now. This new age brings more authoritarian powers which once established, will persist. Like freezing bank accounts if you dare protest at a government decree. PayPal are in on it too now. And the banks of course. It’s all going a bit Pete Tong.

One of these days you’ll stop laughing at “conspiracy theories” and wonder why you couldn’t see the obvious when it was laid out in front of you.
I am wondering if the "intelligentsia" on here have woken up to what's going on yet?

The world burns. I saw it coming. I told you, you decided to deride this prediction as the ramblings of a madman. Hope everyone is enjoying the 300% rise in utilities bills. There's more to come. You think food and water are safe from exploiting now that their supply is controlled by such a small group of greedy humans? Think again.

This is the endgame. The world is become a single authoritarian state owned and run by the super rich. They do not make decisions which benefit humanity. In any given situation be it a pandemic, food shortage or the war in Ukraine, they make decisions which benefit their personal wealth.

The Russian empire will fall, China will follow and one day we'll wake up with people like Bill Gates running the world or mega corporations like Pfizer (an asset management company, not a pharmaceutical) or the shadowy figures who run BlackRock.

When our "great" world leaders like Biden, Trudeau, VonDerLeyen say tough times are coming as we rush headlong into world recession and the collapse of capitalist democracy, they don't mean they will suffer cold and hunger. They'll be fine. They mean YOU.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

How long have we got DEADPOOL? I need to know how many spuds to buy at the Monday market.

Should I get a few more than normal and stock up?
Felix

Post by Felix »

Mystic Meg saw it coming. If only he said then we could have done something about it.

Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Yambo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:01 am How long have we got DEADPOOL? I need to know how many spuds to buy at the Monday market.

Take a stance, rant about how they're part of this 'small group of greedy humans' controlling your supply of spuds!!! And why is it only a 'Monday' market? See, they're even controlling when you can buy your spuds!!! Wake up man, be part of the solution, not part of the problem!!!
Then buy your spuds...
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yambo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:01 am How long have we got DEADPOOL? I need to know how many spuds to buy at the Monday market.

5-10 years I should expect. Surely even the most hardened cynic can see the gigantic mess that the USA, Russia and China are in? Europe has decided massive energy inflation is a price worth paying for, err, doing the right thing??

I don't know what the result of a worldwide recession will be, never been through one myself. Guess it will be similar to the great depression?

I would say (if you were't being tongue in cheek) that now is probably a good time to think about growing your own potatoes. Form a collective with others and start an allotment scheme. With my tinfoil hat on, I might suggest that will soon be made illegal for elfin safety.

Once these large corporations get their hands on the rules which allow a free society to persist, they will engineer those rules purely for their own personal benefit. Such endeavours do not persist, it looks like a phase that any human society has to go through every 150 years or so.

A more accurate answer is of course that NONE of these machinations from global corp, big tech or big pharma are designed to bear fruit for any longer than a single (elderly) human lifespan. The individuals driving it are only interested in their own personal lives so the plan really only has to work for a maximum of what, 50 years?? Does Bill Gates for example give a shit what happens to humanity 50 years from now?

That is assuming we don't invent a cure for death (super rich only need apply). God forbid that ever happens...
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Felix wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:11 am Mystic Meg saw it coming. If only he said then we could have done something about it.

You think a £4k per annum energy/utilities bill is funny?

It is probably too late to do anything about it now but while the individual can do nothing, five degrees of separation (which starts on forums like this!) can at least begin a program of self awareness. That is unless people are so scared they just bury their head in the sand and hope it all goes away.

Then again, I have to remember, half the people you meet are below average intelligence. You can warn them until you are blue in the face and they'll just giggle like idiots...
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Hey Deadpool, I saw your bike on another thread, looks cool, except for the swords.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:12 am Hey Deadpool, I saw your bike on another thread, looks cool, except for the swords.
Without wishing to sound like some sort of deranged preppy, might not be such a bad idea to have a few swords on hand.

This winter will test the resolve of even the affluent middle class. What will that be like for the millions of those already in fuel poverty? What effect might that have on crime do you think?

Genuine question: does anyone know if threatening to chop a burglar in half with a display sword is a crime? I appreciate slicing them up is probably above the threshold of reasonable force. But hey, if they come into my house and push comes to shove, I'll worry about that afterwards...