Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
irie

Re: Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:19 pm
weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:06 am rant rant rant and rant...

Come on.. lets keep things on track hey.
OK. I'll paraphrase Kamala Harris.

Russia invaded Ukraine because Putin is evil. The West is good and we don't want them to hurt Ukranians. Bombs are bad.

Is that "on track" and simple enough? That's basically what the mainstream media are pumping out non stop.

The reality is of course a LOT more complex and I thought this is what was under discussion here. I mean just the simple fact that the USA has a biological weapons lab in the Ukraine I find a tiny bit worrisome. Yes I appreciate it's called a Biological Threat Reduction Program but even a cursory analysis of that wording should be enough to set alarm bells ringing. WTF is it doing in Ukraine? Why is the mainstream media saying it doesn't even exist?

During her speech ostensibly regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine, why was Ursula Von Der Layen going on about digital citizens? Could that be anything to do with the WEF strategy? The so called "Great Reset"? Is she just parroting what she is being told by the group of multi billionares who fund her (and us of course). Is the strategy for economic sanctions hurting Putin more than it's going to hurt you and me? I can't even afford to pay my gas bill now, let alone when it is doubled. Putin is not going to struggle to buy another superyacht, nor are his multibillionare buddies.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Do I really want to become dogtagged because a bioweapon developed by the US somehow escaped from a lab in Wuhan. Should I be happy to pay lit. extortionate prices for petrol or bread just so that Ukraine can become a member of the EU/NATO? Is being in the moral right sufficient compensation for vast tranches of Western populations being made destitute? Are we even in the moral right?

Oh and where is all that money going? It's not just vanishing into thin air. It is being pocketed by vastly rich corporations who have discovered they can profit even more during a disaster. That wouldn't be so bad unless you're thinking what I'm thinking; who exactly is making these decisions and creating these disasters in the first place. Whoever it is, they're making a bomb. :geek:
370+ words paraphrasing something? :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Skub

Post by Skub »

irie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:48 pm 370+ words paraphrasing something? :lol:
You counted? :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Only the first paragraph is the paraphrasing bit. Jeez.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Sorry, who's being dogtagged?
Some of the hysterics are plausible, but then this sort of thing gets slipped in and ...

Nah.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:26 pm Only the first paragraph is the paraphrasing bit. Jeez.
In fairness it is quite incredible that the Vice President of the United States of America is such a useless dimwit. She is a walking disaster and my paraphrase is probably leaning towards being generous.

Here it is verbatim: "'Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so basically that's wrong."

Might have been better if she had hired some kindergarten child actors so she could pretend to be teaching them her wisdom. Oh, wait, she already tried that...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:37 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:26 pm Only the first paragraph is the paraphrasing bit. Jeez.
In fairness it is quite incredible that the Vice President of the United States of America is such a useless dimwit. She is a walking disaster and my paraphrase is probably leaning towards being generous.

Here it is verbatim: "'Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so basically that's wrong."

Might have been better if she had hired some kindergarten child actors so she could pretend to be teaching them her wisdom. Oh, wait, she already tried that...
I bet she thinks you're a genius
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:34 pm Sorry, who's being dogtagged?
Some of the hysterics are plausible, but then this sort of thing gets slipped in and ...

Nah.
Well you mean this:
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:33 pm
At this very moment, our glorious commander, President Ursula Von Der Leyen is preparing the ground for the master plan. When she says "digital citizen", she is referring to the strategy for the future mankind as laid out by our masters at the World Economic Forum. Quite literally to brand each and every human at birth and for life with a unique identifier. You know, like a dog.

https://id2020.org

"Sponsored" by all of the richest people in the world. When I say sponsored, I mean, literally being paid for.
That is why I suggest it is relevant to the discussion regarding Ukraine because Ursula decided now would be a good time to "slip it in" during her discussion on the ramification of this invasion. Yes I agree it is a tenuous link but just like a politician always able to exploit a decent disaster.

What it refers to is giving each and every human being a digital code, a unique identifier by which they probably also mean a chip implant - like you would with a dog. It is happening albeit not yet compulsory. You would have to listen to her entire speech to work out how and why she made the link, I'm not listening to that nonsense again.

Interesting to note that it is virtually impossible for anyone to look bad on TV when they are pretending to be a "war leader". They ALL look good doing it, politicians love war as much as the arms manufacturers do. Great for their mid-terms.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:42 pm I bet she thinks you're a genius
I don't see how this is anything to do with me.

She was shipped over to Poland recently to "pacify" the situation regarding the proposed fighters being donated to the cause, fly the flag and a gesture of goodwill. Did you see how she reacted when asked if the USA were going to accept Ukrainian refugees?

The Vice President of the USA who is specifically tasked with leading the USA's policy on immigration did not have the first clue how to respond. She just cackled with nervous laughter.

I suppose the honest answer is yes, next to her I would look like a genius. That's not saying much though and unlike her, I would have had a hard time sleeping my way to the top. Are you familiar with that story I wonder?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:58 pm
You're the one insulting random people you've never met.
Felix

Post by Felix »

weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:03 pm
Very much doubt he is the first TBH
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Felix wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:26 pm

Very much doubt he is the first TBH
No but it changes the dynamics of the thread from a useful discussion into the rants of well, you know, something else. The thread then plummets down as people get confused. Any point to what is quite an important subject is then once again lost
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Crikey. That's a tenuous excuse. To criticise me for daring to "insult" a world leader. Again, why me? You don't seem to have any problem with Trump bashing or "BoJo" insults. Is it OK to criticise Ursula Van Der Layen or Vladimir Putin? How about Xi Jinping? I'm not seeing where you feel the need to single me out for exposing Kamala for what she is.

Calling her a useless dimwit is being generous. Everybody knows how and why she got the job even though no one dare say it. The truth is the situation is far worse, promoted way beyond her abilities, she is next in line when JB pops his clogs.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:32 pm No but it changes the dynamics of the thread from a useful discussion into the rants of well, you know, something else. The thread then plummets down as people get confused. Any point to what is quite an important subject is then once again lost
No. I don't know. While it is compelling to believe the situation in Ukraine is a simple one: good vs. bad, the underlying politics is vastly more complex.

I am surprised the BBC (for example) would be so quick to pooh pooh the idea of there being a US bioweapons lab in Ukraine but then it suits the narrative to simply deny it, call it fake news, Russian disinformation yadda yadda. No need to dig into the facts of the matter, people might get confused... :shhh:
irie

Post by irie »

Skub wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:02 pm
irie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:48 pm 370+ words paraphrasing something? :lol:
You counted? :shock:
Nope, just copied and pasted into an online word counter. Rocket science. Not.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Yes, life is complicated, but despite all the complications, a few simple facts remain.
Ukraine is a sovereign country.
Russia invaded Ukraine.
Russia is killing civilians in Ukraine.
Russia threatens to go nuclear if anyone intervenes.

Ok, so some senior western politicians are as thick as planks. And big arms manufacturers like a war, because it is good for business, but that hardly excuses Putin's actions.

In my book he is a very dangerous criminal meglomanic.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 pm
Crikey. That's a tenuous excuse. To criticise me for daring to "insult" a world leader. Again, why me? You don't seem to have any problem with Trump bashing or "BoJo" insults. Is it OK to criticise Ursula Van Der Layen or Vladimir Putin? How about Xi Jinping? I'm not seeing where you feel the need to single me out for exposing Kamala for what she is.

Calling her a useless dimwit is being generous. Everybody knows how and why she got the job even though no one dare say it. The truth is the situation is far worse, promoted way beyond her abilities, she is next in line when JB pops his clogs.
Why you? Well that's pretty simple really fella, my job is to encourage discussion. At times, you do the opposite when you go off on your rants and end up destroying the discussion.
I say things to Potter too and Irie when they're having their own meltdowns.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should just not comment when threads go wayward like this is, but hey, I'm a poster here as well as the owner.

However, I very much doubt you'll understand my point as you don't see it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:57 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 pm

Why you? Well that's pretty simple really fella, my job is to encourage discussion. At times, you do the opposite when you go off on your rants and end up destroying the discussion.
I say things to Potter too and Irie when they're having their own meltdowns.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should just not comment when threads go wayward like this is, but hey, I'm a poster here as well as the owner.

However, I very much doubt you'll understand my point as you don't see it.
He rams every post down our throats as absolute facts, not opinions. Boring.
Kneerly Down

Post by Kneerly Down »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:19 pmWhoever it is, they're making a bomb. :geek:
They've already made plenty...big ones...that's the problem! ;)
Felix

Post by Felix »

Yorick wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:37 pm

You choose to read them
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Felix wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:56 pm
Yorick wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:37 pm

You choose to read them
I skim read in here. The main idiots have been on ignore for years :obscene-birdiedoublered: