DUCATI APOLOGISES TO BAGNAIA OVER AWFUL START TO MOTOGP SEASON

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

DUCATI APOLOGISES TO BAGNAIA OVER AWFUL START TO MOTOGP SEASON

Post by weeksy »

https://the-race.com/motogp/ducati-apol ... gp-season/

Speaking exclusively to The Race afterwards, Ducati team manager Tardozzi, rather than being angry with his rider for his comments, instead issued an apology.

He admitted Ducati had got things wrong in the build-up to the race and that its job now was to build the environment and the bike Bagnaia needs to return to 2021’s winning ways.

“What happened wasn’t acceptable, and that’s something we have to think about,” World Superbike race winner Tardozzi admitted to The Race.

“We have to understand it and make a self-criticism to try and recover all the problems.

“I think that we’ve made some mistakes, and it can’t happen a second time.”

Asked about Bagnaia’s comments that Ducati had been focused too much on development testing, Tardozzi replied: “That is possible. We trust 100% in Pecco, and we think that he will be our rider for the next three years so we have to trust him.

‘I lost my mindset’ – Mugello tragedy’s impact on Bagnaia
Read more
“He is a very, very nice team player and a very fast rider, so we think that if we give him what he deserves – concentration, a bike that lets him ride without problems – then he will be on the top in every race.

“It was our fault, not Pecco’s.”
MingtheMerciless

Re: DUCATI APOLOGISES TO BAGNAIA OVER AWFUL START TO MOTOGP SEASON

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Fair play to them, very un Ducati
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:57 pm Fair play to them, very un Ducati
Perhaps they've realised that the riders do actually have something to contribute now and that just churning them over and over and trying to get them to fit the bike ISN'T the answer.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

That implies that Miller WONT be their rider for next 3 years.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:20 pm That implies that Miller WONT be their rider for next 3 years.
Not necessarily, but it does show who is The Golden Child in the team. Totally unsurprising, though. Italian team wants to win MotoGP championship with Italian rider. Who'd a thunk it?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:20 pm That implies that Miller WONT be their rider for next 3 years.
Jack knows he has a massive target on his back from Martin and Basstianini mainly and possibly Marini if he can pull it out of the bag but DiGiantantonnio and Bezzechi are in their learning season. The only one of the non rookies i dont see taking his job is Zarco unless he has a miraculous transformation of consistency.

Jack needs to shine this year to keep the factory seat although i note there was no apology from Ducati for the electronics failure Miller suffered when the bike GPS had a melt down and "lost itself" on the circuit giving the wrong power maps at the wrong points of the circuit
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:58 pm
i note there was no apology from Ducati for the electronics failure Miller suffered when the bike GPS had a melt down and "lost itself" on the circuit giving the wrong power maps at the wrong points of the circuit
Good point. That was at least as deserving of an apology as that given for Pecco's misfortunes. At least Jack didn't crash and take out a fellow Ducati rider.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Yeah I can't see Miller being there next year.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:58 pm i note there was no apology from Ducati for the electronics failure Miller suffered when the bike GPS had a melt down and "lost itself" on the circuit giving the wrong power maps at the wrong points of the circuit
Maaybe Bagnaia didn't call them all a parcel of cunts,in an Aussie accent. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955