Anyone else starting to think, plan, sort for the coming spring ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
The Spin Doctor

Re: Anyone else starting to think, plan, sort for the coming spring ?

Post by The Spin Doctor »

tricol wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:44 pm I was out again today for a couple of hours. Sunshine was great, but my goodness it was cold. Took me a while warm up when I got home. Think I might wait until it creeps into double figures.
Heated vest - NOT gloves - is the solution. I bought one of the very first Gerbings in the country in 1995 after years of freezing my whatsits off as a courier and thought "why has no-one done this before?" then discovered they'd been using them for quite a time in the US... but us Brits are apparently too 'ard and prefer to freeze.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

My daughter left some shopping here yesteday. As it was bright and sunny I thought it'd be a great day for a ride out to where she lives. Some good roads to be enjoyed on the MT07 out that way! Went to get the bike out and found it was bloody cold, so I made a nice drive of it instead. We're almost there though...
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

I think commuting is back on the cards for me now when it's not wet, the Sprint is such a dog that a bit of salt won't make it any worse, oh and the commute is only 15 mins - or 25 if I go the fun way.
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Didn't feel much like spring over the weekend... it was bleedin' icy out.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Skub

Post by Skub »

I'm wondering if this year's travels will be curtailed due to fuel costs. 10k miles is looking like it could cost a couple of grand. That's considerable for a leisure activity.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

THe never to be taken motorbike trip looks like it might get taken the second week in April four of us off to Espania ( northern Spain) off with the Vito and trailer ferry to Santander, stay at a villa in antional psrk near Leon ish and a weeks riding and Tapas awaits This will be the fifth attempt at going on this Lady at Britany ferries knows us all personally now and what we're doing