2020 mileage, riding, days out update

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
formula400

Re: 2020 mileage, riding, days out update

Post by formula400 »

well went to Epping forest today, liked it, loads of good trails and found some small downhill and jumps, only managed 13km as a bolt on the rear shock come out and slightly bent the top of the shock, got back to the car and went home and fixed it (just used a allen key to tease it back into shape). gutted as i wanted to ride more, but thats my fault for the bad bike prep, but looking forward to getting back to the forest and exploring more.

ImageUntitled by lewis wilson, on Flickr

CBR650r :mrgreen:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

It's going to be quite interesting this weekend.

I'm out at Silverstone on what has to be the most expensive trackday ever for me at £700, lol. £250 x2 for entry and £200 van hire/fuel/etc.

Considering yesterday cost me £20 to go to the Forest of Dean with my boy and mates, it's going to have to be a mighty impressive trackday.

Spent the day pushing up and throwing ourselves down stuff there, it's an amazing place and so so far out of my usual riding it's insane. I'm more of a flowy jumpy guy, but it seems to rocky/rooty stuff suits my riding more arguably and i get down stuff there better than you'd expect and usually in 1 piece.
My jumpy stuff is still coming along nicely and i'm managing to survive the jumps OK :)

Bang for buck, this MTB stuff really is exceptional.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Not really an update, but back at work this week, and yesterday and today cycled in, its 8 miles each way, so far it about 35/37 mins each way depending on traffic and lights, going to see what i can get it down to, aiming for around 2/3 time a week, can't face more than that yet.
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

formula400 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 pm well went to Epping forest today, liked it, loads of good trails and found some small downhill and jumps,
I've been to Epping Forest once with a mate on a CX bike, wasn't the most exciting day out given we stuck mainly to wider, well-trodden areas. I'm heading back up there in a few weeks with him so it's nice to hear there's more to the place than what I experienced previously.
twids

Post by twids »

I'm having fun in the Mendips and getting to know some local lads a bit better, there were 5 of us this time, and I'm getting to see places close to home I've never been before.

Docca

Post by Docca »

Managed another 60k yesterday. Really loving the explore function still. Yesterday was a slog though. Half way round, I just felt like throwing in the towel. Wasn't a body thing- but my mind was already looking at the kms done and thinking 'christ, i've only done 30k and been out for ages..'

Not usually me. I'm usually much more determined, but yesterday I just felt like giving up
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Docca wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:04 pm Managed another 60k yesterday. Really loving the explore function still. Yesterday was a slog though. Half way round, I just felt like throwing in the towel. Wasn't a body thing- but my mind was already looking at the kms done and thinking 'christ, i've only done 30k and been out for ages..'

Not usually me. I'm usually much more determined, but yesterday I just felt like giving up
we all have good and bad days mate... it's just how the world is

Come to Forest of Dean, we'll make sure there's both techie and fun routes... Well, Taff will.. i don't know where we're going
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Beancounter wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:17 pm
formula400 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 pm well went to Epping forest today, liked it, loads of good trails and found some small downhill and jumps,
I've been to Epping Forest once with a mate on a CX bike, wasn't the most exciting day out given we stuck mainly to wider, well-trodden areas. I'm heading back up there in a few weeks with him so it's nice to hear there's more to the place than what I experienced previously.
its quite flat but there are a few bits and piecesv(bear in mind I've been once so not explored at all), i liked it as its only 25 min drive from me opposed to the 1 or slightly more to peaslake or swinley, but i what i liked is you go go off piste and cycle literally anywhere.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

My cousins been looking for bike for a while and got him self a 2nd hand Whyte T130s.he found one and got a good deal, he got it Sunday so we planned a impromptu trip to Swinley to see how it is, played with a few jumps, nothing insane, but i spent a little time on the T130, god it makes my boardman feel old (its is 10 years old, can't wait till mine comes) its pedals so well, climbs better, stops better, i loved it, feels so much more planted as well.

covered 19km and feel knackered

ImageIMG_9392 by lewis wilson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9398 by lewis wilson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9415 by lewis wilson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9418 by lewis wilson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9423 by lewis wilson, on Flickr
formula400

Post by formula400 »

smashed out a few days commuting, wonder how many more before the hills at peaslake will be easier :mrgreen:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Well it seems to be my year for crashing. Crashed earlier this year in June and borked my ribs, just started riding again and got the full Susser with uber grippy tyres back from the shop after they cured its brakes of SRAM cancer and went for a ride with Mrs M in a wet greasy Friston.

Met Graycon Perry, and had a lovely chat with him about bikes al the while trying to work out where I recognised him from, then went down a bit of singletrack, saved a few front end slides (I'm obvs some sort of riding God) before launching myself straight into the floor and then letting the bike bounce all over me. GP saw me crash and came to check I was OK. Mrs M arrived a few minutes later and just gave me that "look".

So I've managed to now bork my back, right wrist and left shoulder..........

Note to self, saving two front end slides means you're going too quick for the conditions.....SLOW DOWN.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Oops. Gws Ming.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

sod that mate, hope you mend well
formula400

Post by formula400 »

trying to commute 3/4 days a week to get my cycle fitness up to help with MTB, 8 miles each way, hope its helping.
MingtheMerciless

Wrist and shoulder still recovering so took Mrs M's Levo for a blast after the forks came back from warranty fix. Bloody hell it's awesome (also found out today Specialized have extended motor warranty to 4 years now due to the high number of issues that seem to be cropping up.)
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

I've been desperately trying to keep to two days/week rides before work on my standard cock 'n' balls-shaped 24-mile route so I can maintain some kind of basic fitness.

Still on the MTB waiting for my shiny new Cannondale Topstone to arrive which I've just found out is finally being dispatched tomorrow so hopefully arriving Thursday. So, with any luck, I can do my usual route on Friday on it.

Annoyingly I had to miss my last 3 rides due to various family shit so went out today for the first time in over a week - I really wanted to be as fit as I could be (which is not very) so I could really feel the benefit of the new bike. Still, today wasn't so bad so I'm hoping to shave off a good amount of time from my usual come Friday.

Entries on a postcard to guess how much quicker I'll be :)
MingtheMerciless

Short n sweet ride before work yesterday.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MingtheMerciless

"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MingtheMerciless

A few more rides before the weather turns......

"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Was that yesterday or today? Been horrible here.

I've been off the bike for 6 days due to lurgy. Just done 30 gentle minutes to ease into it