Show us your helmets

Anything you like about motorbikes
Asian Boss

Re: Show us your helmets

Post by Asian Boss »

I have put up shelves and pictures in my recently repainted office. For the first time I've taken what it will look like on conference calls into account. The main idea is if anyone comments on it then they have opened themselves up to me indulging myself at their expense with lengthy anecdotes about ME.
DSC_0801 (Small).JPG
DSC_0801 (Small).JPG (237.75 KiB) Viewed 94 times
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:43 pm For those who never throw helmets away because they can't stand the thought of binning them you could donate the instead. Local ambulance, fire service or even bike racing club can always use them for training in helmet removal and also cutting them off. :thumbup:

I gave an old one over to Bemsee rescue medics to use for cutting off a crashed rider and I kept a crashed one as a training aid for CBT training to show the impact damage
Good point,I'd not thought of that.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Skub wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:03 pm
Bigyin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:43 pm For those who never throw helmets away because they can't stand the thought of binning them you could donate the instead. Local ambulance, fire service or even bike racing club can always use them for training in helmet removal and also cutting them off. :thumbup:

I gave an old one over to Bemsee rescue medics to use for cutting off a crashed rider and I kept a crashed one as a training aid for CBT training to show the impact damage
How does one go about it? Do I just rock up at A&E with an old skid lid?
Druid

Post by Druid »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:29 pm
Skub wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:03 pm

Yes. I just walked in to our local fire station with two old helmets and asked them if they could make use of them. They were more than happy to take them
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:29 pm

Local Ambulance station or fire station would be happy to take them. If you are near a race track that bikes use I could find out when my old lot are there to take them but the first options would be easier for you ;)