BSB 2022, previews, team-moves, riders, gossip.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
formula400

Re: BSB 2022, previews, team-moves, riders, gossip.

Post by formula400 »

that does look proper tasty
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Haslam, Sykes and any other number of old timers. I’m sure the racing will be good as always but it’s not a class for breeding future stars, yet people moan there’s no British riders going up to World Series.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:17 pm Haslam, Sykes and any other number of old timers. I’m sure the racing will be good as always but it’s not a class for breeding future stars, yet people moan there’s no British riders going up to World Series.
Course it is. If they're good enough. Ask Ray and Stacey etc. But they've not performed well enough to get the best bikes
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:47 pm
Couchy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:17 pm Haslam, Sykes and any other number of old timers. I’m sure the racing will be good as always but it’s not a class for breeding future stars, yet people moan there’s no British riders going up to World Series.
Course it is. If they're good enough. Ask Ray and Stacey etc. But they've not performed well enough to get the best bikes
Nah, Ray almost had a chance but not sure Stacey ever will. The most we could expect is WSB but no one really looks to BSB for their future riders especially while the old boys are usually winning. Gaz should have gone this year but is the best BSB rider good enough for the world stage ?
I like BSB as it’s usually good racing but as a breeding ground for our next world star I don’t see it.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:20 pm
Nah, Ray almost had a chance but not sure Stacey ever will. The most we could expect is WSB but no one really looks to BSB for their future riders especially while the old boys are usually winning. Gaz should have gone this year but is the best BSB rider good enough for the world stage ?
I like BSB as it’s usually good racing but as a breeding ground for our next world star I don’t see it.
What do you propose instead?

Why are we a nation of superbike rather than moto3?
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:25 pm
Couchy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:20 pm

What do you propose instead?

Why are we a nation of superbike rather than moto3?
There is no option, bikes are a minority hobby so the sport has little public support. It’ll always be road bike based series which limits the riders to WSB at best.
We’ll see the odd motogp entry like Redding who have gone through the Spanish ranks and tbh that’s still our best option.

I do think BSB is superb but not for promoting talent.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

So what can be done? Why are Italy and Spain making the talent? Why is it bigger there and what can we do?

Or will the lack of general interest in public simply mean we won't?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:37 pm So what can be done? Why are Italy and Spain making the talent? Why is it bigger there and what can we do?

Or will the lack of general interest in public simply mean we won't?
Because it's huge here and kids start at 5. You can see all the current racers on little bikes if you look
wull

Post by wull »

Tom Sykes and Josh Brookes confirmed with PBM Ducati