2022 mileage targets, goals and aims.

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

2022 mileage targets, goals and aims.

Post by weeksy »

So we're getting to 2022 riding season.

How many miles are you hoping/planning/thinking of this year ?

Do you have any goals, targets or aims regarding your riding for the year ?

For me, i'm realistically looking at 2000 or so throughout the year. Part of that is due to a lack of tracktime this year due to finances concentrating on MTB stuff (I'm not even convinced i'll make Pembrey). But partly due to the weekends being taken up by MTB stuff mostly too. In previous years a lot of weekends were say Saturday pedalling and Sunday on the motorbike, but a fair few weekends are 'away' this year which will mean both Sat and Sun out without a motorbike.
So most of my riding will be 2pm when i've finished work for the day and head out for a local ride. I'd certainly like to get a few weekend mini-rides with @G.P @IanB @Tricky and @2xtwins but think they'll be quite rare.

Goals and targets, well, not much... To finish the year with the same bike i start it, that's always one main goal... but rarely have i managed :D
Supermofo

Re: 2022 mileage targets, goals and aims.

Post by Supermofo »

3k miles I think possibly (hopefully) more as I'll have new bike smitten-ness going on.

I'll def be down your way Weeksy soon.

I'd like to do some nice longer rides. Back to Southwold or maybe somewhere Cheesy would prefer if he fancies a meet up in Suffolk. Down to the south coast maybe somewhere like Rye for the day.

I'd also like to do at least 1 night away. There's talk of going up to stay with my brothers mate op Norf with a few others so maybe that. Or/And I'd like to do a night down in the SW. Either with my Aunt/Uncle in Yeovil or Minehead way and do a loop of the north coast/Dartmoor.

If Snet do evening sessions I might dip my top on track too.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Supermofo wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:42 am
I'll def be down your way Weeksy soon.
We've got a nice garage here and a spare room if you need an overnighter.... if you just need some riding company...well again, you know where we are.
IanB

Post by IanB »

This year I’m going to Mallorca again to hire bikes & ride the island. Did it last year & it was ace fun! Scooters one day & Ducati Scramblers the next.

I’m hoping a trip to the Pyrenees may finally happen this summer, it’s been cancelled twice due to you know what.

I hope to do some more trials riding this year, I’m lucky here in Wiltshire to have some amazing lanes.

Weeksy’s trackday at Pembrey in September is booked & hopefully a classic bike one at Castle Combe can be done too.

The usual weekend ride outs with the mates should start soon too. If anyone wants to explore Wiltshire or onwards towards North Devon or south to the Dorset coast me or G.P will be happy to share routes or maybe lead a ride
wull

Post by wull »

The majority of my riding will be commuting with a couple of track days hopefully so anywhere between 2-4K miles for me.
Pgm

Post by Pgm »

Hopefully around 5-6k just weekends and spare time riding 790 has 11k on it so it’s worthless might as well keep putting the miles on it.
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

No targets this year. Girlfriend passed her bike test last week so that's ticked off. Suppose the next target is replacing her GSXS-125 with something bigger. She could use my MT-09 though I think she'd prefer something (a) smaller and (b) her own.

Mileage wise, if I'm back in the office I expect I'll be doing about 10k in commuting, with maybe another 5-6k leisure.

Would be nice to do a couple of trackdays this year. Can't make Pembrey unfortunately as that weekend is already booked for Meatopia. I started doing RoSPA last year and will continue it this year but I'm in no rush to sit the test. I'd like to go green laning on my Caponord this year, maybe even take part in a RallyMoto event.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

WTF is Meatopia ?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

No targets, but I've bought a new bike and I'm going to use it, once the reasonable weather gets here I want to be doing 1000 miles a month minimum, yes it's going to be expensive, and the bike will be worth a lot less than I paid for it by the end of the year, but I'm 55 this year and wonder how many more years riding I'm going to get, so it's use it before I lose it.
dern

Post by dern »

Plan?

dern

Post by dern »

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:03 pmWTF is Meatopia ?
"MEATOPIA IS A WEEKEND-LONG LOVE AFFAIR WITH FOOD, DRINK, FIRE AND MUSIC. THE ULTIMATE BACCHANALIAN PARTY" - aka beard club.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

BACCHANALIAN
Not a word I've ever seen!

I have googled it though
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:16 pm I'm 55 this year and wonder how many more years riding I'm going to get, so it's use it before I lose it.
I'm now 60 & age is a big motivator for me,I'm planning on retiring either in the next few weeks or March 2023 at the latest.The main reason for retiring is to enjoy my hobbies whilst I still can.
Regarding goals & aims,we're doing a trip to Scotland in May,after pointing out to my mates that we're getting old & need to get it done why we still can.We should have gone last year but the Covid meant that we postponed it until this year,so that's the main goal "Scotland motorcycle tour with my old mates from teenage years"My other definite goal this year is to go back to the Classic TT for a few days at the end of August,that's just been a case of rescheduling my ferry & campsite reservations from 2020.Luckily the new schedule means I'll only miss the Friday race as I arrive there daft o'clock Saturday morning before road closures.If I do retire in the next few weeks I'll also do trip up the western isles & a Euro tour.
Another goal of mine,retirement or not,is to ride more bikes whilst I still can so I pick up a Suzuki SV650S on Saturday,bought for the right money so hopefully I won't lose anything on it,ride it for a few months then chop either it or my 675R Street Triple in for something else that I'm curious to try before I'm to old,Yamaha MT07,possibly a 500X Honda (for my Euro tour) or a Enfield Himalayan.
Not sure about the mileage this year,that'll depend on the Eurotour :D ...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bustaspoke wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:30 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:16 pm I'm 55 this year and wonder how many more years riding I'm going to get, so it's use it before I lose it.
I'm now 60 & age is a big motivator for me,I'm planning on retiring either in the next few weeks or March 2023 at the latest.The main reason for retiring is to enjoy my hobbies whilst I still can.
Regarding goals & aims,we're doing a trip to Scotland in May,after pointing out to my mates that we're getting old & need to get it done why we still can.We should have gone last year but the Covid meant that we postponed it until this year,so that's the main goal "Scotland motorcycle tour with my old mates from teenage years"My other definite goal this year is to go back to the Classic TT for a few days at the end of August,that's just been a case of rescheduling my ferry & campsite reservations from 2020.Luckily the new schedule means I'll only miss the Friday race as I arrive there daft o'clock Saturday morning before road closures.If I do retire in the next few weeks I'll also do trip up the western isles & a Euro tour.
Another goal of mine,retirement or not,is to ride more bikes whilst I still can so I pick up a Suzuki SV650S on Saturday,bought for the right money so hopefully I won't lose anything on it,ride it for a few months then chop either it or my 675R Street Triple in for something else that I'm curious to try before I'm to old,Yamaha MT07,possibly a 500X Honda (for my Euro tour) or a Enfield Himalayan.
Not sure about the mileage this year,that'll depend on the Eurotour :D ...
;pics;
G.P

Post by G.P »

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:25 am So we're getting to 2022 riding season.

How many miles are you hoping/planning/thinking of this year ?

Do you have any goals, targets or aims regarding your riding for the year ?

For me, i'm realistically looking at 2000 or so throughout the year. Part of that is due to a lack of tracktime this year due to finances concentrating on MTB stuff (I'm not even convinced i'll make Pembrey). But partly due to the weekends being taken up by MTB stuff mostly too. In previous years a lot of weekends were say Saturday pedalling and Sunday on the motorbike, but a fair few weekends are 'away' this year which will mean both Sat and Sun out without a motorbike.
So most of my riding will be 2pm when i've finished work for the day and head out for a local ride. I'd certainly like to get a few weekend mini-rides with @G.P @IanB @Tricky and @2xtwins but think they'll be quite rare.

Goals and targets, well, not much... To finish the year with the same bike i start it, that's always one main goal... but rarely have i managed :D
after i've finished sorting the house move i'm looking forward to some decent weekend rides.local, day rides and camping weekendsin the south west so hopefully we'll do a few together mate.
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

A fecking expensive barbecue.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Beancounter wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:55 pm
Fuck me dude, you could've done PEmbrey, it's the cheapest BBQ and beer on the planet.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Dunno, hell I don't even know what's on the clock now.
More than last year though, whatever that was, plan to make full use of my saddlebag if I can find places with secure overnight bike parking
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:57 pm
Beancounter wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:55 pm
Fuck me dude, you could've done PEmbrey, it's the cheapest BBQ and beer on the planet.
Tell me about it. Bought the tickets for Meatopia back in December before Pembrey was even on my radar. :(
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I commute into London 4 days a week and if the weather is good that will certainly see me taking the longer routes homeas I really like riding this bike. I had intended to take a couple of days off for rides out as well, but I might sort of semi-retire which would give me more time to do anything I like anyway...