Great Stoner Interview

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Supermofo

Great Stoner Interview

Post by Supermofo »

Thought this was really good, but then I've always liked Stoner, misunderstood imo. Looks like from links that it's part of a 4hr podcast

Yorick

Re: Great Stoner Interview

Post by Yorick »

Yup. Always liked his no bullshit attitude.
The press gave him a bad image.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

https://youtu.be/cbIq2jymnxw - the full four hours!

wull

Post by wull »

Listened to it the other day, his book is a good read, one of my favs. You soon realise how good he was, natural talent especially when you have someone like Spies saying how damn good he was, think his words were “I’ve never seen anyone do that before”………
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Was fortunate enough to meet him at Losail where he was doing tech work for Ducati. Spent the whole time avoiding the media and the general public on the "pit lane" days but at 10pm on the Sunday night as everyone was packing up he was relaxed, chatty, happy with their work for the weekend and clearly in a very good place. Lovely company, happy to pose with my oldest son and his best mate for a pic and just a thoroughly nice guy.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Just watched all 4 hours of the podcast/interview and my (already high) opinion of Casey has just gone through the roof. A more totally grounded, sensible, unaffected and likeable bloke it would be hard to find. Then you couple that with an incredibly analytical mind, an ability to think out of the box and the means to apply those skills at the cutting edge, and you wonder what he could still have achieved had he not had enough of all the bullshit and his body not called time.

It's one of the great 'what ifs' of elite motorcycle racing - who would the winner have been had Casey been on track alongside Marc Marquez?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

He was commentating with BT Sports on last MotoGP of 2021. He was very open, chatty and happy :)