Small Scooter Wheels

Anything you like about motorbikes
Felix

Small Scooter Wheels

Post by Felix »

Got volunteered to take a back wheel off tomorrow afternoon so the owner can take it away for a puncture repair. Never had much interest in them so dont know how the wheel is attached. Ate they the same as a normal double sided swingarm bike with a spindle and nut at one side? Looks like the wheel is attached to the engine at the glimpse i seen of it a few month back. All i know is its a Piaggio 125 IE but google throws up that many 125 IE's so dont know what model to google a manual. Wheels are the same size at 120/70/12. I think (Looking at pictures) its the fly

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/r ... -125-ie-3v
Taipan

Re: Small Scooter Wheels

Post by Taipan »

Normally on scoots, its the exhaust off, or just end can if you're lucky. Some have an axle mounting plate which the exhaust and rear shock bolt too and that needs to come off to as the axle bolts through it. They are often a bit of pain to be honest.
Skub

Post by Skub »

To remove the rear wheel on a Honda SH300i,the exhaust can comes off along with rear caliper,one shock and one side of the swinging arm.

It sounds a lot,but it isn't complicated
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Felix

Post by Felix »

Cheers guys. It was the Fly model and exhaust had to come off. Bloody whole exhaust what made it a pain getting to the flange at the front. Wheel was just a dust cap. Cotter pin and castle nut and it was off. Odd puncture what i have never seen before its coming out from the side beading.