Streetfighter Motorcycles

Anything you like about motorbikes
Le_Fromage_Grande

Streetfighter Motorcycles

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Worth discussing, or a load of ugly old tosh ridden by retards in urban camo trousers?
Skub

Re: Streetfighter Motorcycles

Post by Skub »

I used to buy the mag occasionally back in the day,plus that other one Nik Samson edited,Back Street Horrors.

Some great ideas,but as with any custom bike style,some do it better than others.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

They sure had their moments. But then all got a bit silly. For me there are/were some awesome Bandit 1200s, but some of the sticky up seats took it to the next level.

Looking at Google pics, they're well... interesting !!!

Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

There seem to be more hideous ones than attractive ones, what started out as MX bars on a crashed GSXR appears to have turned into garish and unrideable.
Skub

Post by Skub »

The naked bikes we all know and love here,are streetfighters,but not so long ago the name meant crashed sportsbike with no fairing and high bars.

Like this 'mint beauty'.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393871797509 ... Sw2J9hp0XK

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If someone could just explain the seat thing I'd be happy.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I could happily own this bugger :D

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The oil cooled GSXR's were used in street fighters a lot because they didn't need any plumbing.

Water cooled naked/streetfighters usually look a bit rubbish because of all the pipes.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:03 pm There seem to be more hideous ones than attractive ones, what started out as MX bars on a crashed GSXR appears to have turned into garish and unrideable.
This. I followed the fashion with my 87 GSXR 11. Looking back, it looks a bit daft. Hence it will be getting replaced with a TZ250 one. A lot of them look utterly daft with a 1980s bike with a noughties tail unit, it's like putting Helen Mirren in a tracksuit.
KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:14 pm The oil cooled GSXR's were used in street fighters a lot because they didn't need any plumbing.

Water cooled naked/streetfighters usually look a bit rubbish because of all the pipes.
Also this, the old oil boilers had a sort of brutality about their looks, no matter how many silicone hoses you put on your liquid cooled motor, it'll never look as good as the oil coolers.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Some were ok but most were a bit...

For me there were "Specials" like I'd see in the back of late 80s Performance Bikes and then there were "Streetfighters" which looked like they'd got into a fight with a street, lost, then some bellend had dropped a tail unit from 20,000 feet onto it, stuck a kitchen downlight onto an MX numberplate then wasted a few grand on paint to make it look less shit.
Extra wally points for doing a burnout in white trainerboots, urban camelflange keks, a Simpson Bandit lid and ideally flipping the bird at the camera.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I always looked at them as sports bikes that had been crashed and all the plastics smashed to shit so bung a set of Renthal bars on and a crap little light and call it a streetfighter. In that way i get why they became a "thing"

When the manufacturers started making their sports bikes with flat bars and no fairings and calling them Steetfighter models ..... i remember riding the Ducati 848 Streetfighter as a loan bike and didnt really get it as it was supposable a baby Panigale with really low set instruments, headlight and flat bars but it didnt work for me....the view across the tank sums it up

The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Bigjawa wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:54 pm it's like putting Helen Mirren in a tracksuit.
I'm struggling to see how that's a bad thing...
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I liked them when they were just race reps with the fairings and clip ons removed as those are the parts I had no use for. They made better naked bikes than were available from the manufacturers. Sadly they evolved into something stupid looking.