Blade Motorcycles, opinions good or bad

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Blade Motorcycles, opinions good or bad

Post by weeksy »

Rule 1 of buying bikes...

Make sure the bloke has rung the dealer this week to ensure it's not already sold at the weekend ;)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm Rule 1 of buying bikes...

Make sure the bloke has rung the dealer this week to ensure it's not already sold at the weekend ;)
The boy said he did ring a couple of days ago and was told it was still for sale …… He was disappointed when I told him but still very grateful for you taking the time to have a look at it

He is already back scanning for something else as there is nothing locally
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:41 pm
weeksy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm Rule 1 of buying bikes...

The boy said he did ring a couple of days ago and was told it was still for sale …… He was disappointed when I told him but still very grateful for you taking the time to have a look at it

He is already back scanning for something else as there is nothing locally
I think sending me is a mistake anyway as i'm WAY fussier than anyone else in the world.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:51 pm

I think sending me is a mistake anyway as i'm WAY fussier than anyone else in the world.
Sending you is the ideal person as he is OCD anyway so when i explained just how picky you are he was reassured ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:17 pm
weeksy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:51 pm

Sending you is the ideal person as he is OCD anyway so when i explained just how picky you are he was reassured ;)
Tell him to buy a brand new mt07 or similar then. Only way to get a brand new bike, is to get a brand new bike
G.P

Post by G.P »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:19 pm G.P takes his Triumphs there too, in summer it's where we meet for coffee etc. He's never had any issues with them.
Yep, my Triumph 800 is my company bike so I used to put all the maintenance through the books. I bought the bike from them and had it serviced by them until recently (its got 50k + miles on it and the service manager now works for Moto Cave about 1/2 mile down the road).
They're a big dealership but always seem to be a good bunch who want to do the right thing. I's buy from them before Fowlers any day.
Also, a mate buys his Ducatis from Blade in Abingdon and is happy with them. They've got load of car dealerships as well...

Maybe of use to someone in the future!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

One thing I was disappointed with was the lack of preparation on the zx6 and my xsr900 I bought. Now I may be being harsh here as they may have cleaned before collection, but after my XSR, I'm not convinced.

It's just generic road dirt and muck, swingarm, wheel, chain, plate hanger etc, it's take 20 mins with a washer and a rag to get it 100 times better.

That's why I've used Premier Bikes lots, they give you it 100% right, well as right as a used bike can be of course.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:47 pm One thing I was disappointed with was the lack of preparation on the zx6 and my xsr900 I bought. Now I may be being harsh here as they may have cleaned before collection, but after my XSR, I'm not convinced.

It's just generic road dirt and muck, swingarm, wheel, chain, plate hanger etc, it's take 20 mins with a washer and a rag to get it 100 times better.

That's why I've used Premier Bikes lots, they give you it 100% right, well as right as a used bike can be of course.
He has found another one with a bit more miles but a bit far for you to have a look ;) ..... Manchester :mrgreen:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Let's see it then.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:01 pm Let's see it then.
Here you go

Could do with a video ...... told him to call the place on facetime and get a walk round on the bike

https://www.usedbikeshuntsmotorcycles.c ... 1221661949

Also found a Gixxer 600 in Kent he likes the look of as well for similar money. Decent video pointing out the poor bits as well ....and it has a yoshimura

https://www.ryderauto.co.uk/used-suzuki ... nt-4038681

Both appear to be one owner bikes used for a couple of years normally when new then 300-400 miles a year for the last 3-4 years
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Can't see the gsxr?

Zx6 looks as you'd hope and expect. Not sure we have anyone local from here. @Claude may be about the closest.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 pm Can't see the gsxr?

Zx6 looks as you'd hope and expect. Not sure we have anyone local from here. @Claude may be about the closest.
Looks like the Gixxer has sold today and gone off the site as they had 4 listed this afternoon and only 3 now. The Zx6 only hit the market last night according to the dealer when the boy emailed them but the Gixxer has been on there a while from what i could see
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:40 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 pm Can't see the gsxr?

Looks like the Gixxer has sold today and gone off the site as they had 4 listed this afternoon and only 3 now. The Zx6 only hit the market last night according to the dealer when the boy emailed them but the Gixxer has been on there a while from what i could see
He'll learn the lesson of being on the ball soon enough. We've all been there in the search and they're sold type scenario.

Pity we've sent the zx6 of our off for work or he could have tried his luck with the wife's one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133910610293 ... SwcqlhcZJR

@Tricky lives just by there
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:50 pm He'll learn the lesson of being on the ball soon enough. We've all been there in the search and they're sold type scenario.

Pity we've sent the zx6 of our off for work or he could have tried his luck with the wife's one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133910610293 ... SwcqlhcZJR

@Tricky lives just by there
He will be all over the net tonight after work looking for bikes ;)

For a couple of grand more he could have an almost new one locally :mrgreen:

https://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/use ... -636-7616/

And i might be able to get the price down a bit as its also where i am on first name terms with the staff .... up to him what budget he wants to play with but i'll let him carry on looking and wait for the links to be sent to me to see what i think ;)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:17 pm

And i might be able to get the price down a bit as its also where i am on first name terms with the staff .... up to him what budget he wants to play with but i'll let him carry on looking and wait for the links to be sent to me to see what i think ;)
Update for those interested:

After much deliberation and looking at many, many, many bikes all over the country on the internet from 7 year old R6's to brand new R7 and SR660 we have a decision. He looked at his finances and decided to go for the 2020 ZX636R in black linked above at our local dealer.

I went in to have a look at the bike and it could be sold as new if you took the plate off it as it is immaculate top to bottom and i even looked underneath just as @weeksy would ;) . As i know them fairly well there was no problem with a bit of wiggle room on the price as well as a promise on discount for any gear he needs. I paid the deposit there and then to keep it for him till his finances are in place.

Superb little bike and i was surprised how comfy i felt on it size wise with the bars slightly higher and pegs better than i remember my 636B1H which was a race bike setup with lights and no thought for road comfort.

Should be picking it up in a couple of weeks and looking forward to a spin on it at some point :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:23 pm
Bigyin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Update for those interested:

After much deliberation and looking at many, many, many bikes all over the country on the internet from 7 year old R6's to brand new R7 and SR660 we have a decision. He looked at his finances and decided to go for the 2020 ZX636R in black linked above at our local dealer.

I went in to have a look at the bike and it could be sold as new if you took the plate off it as it is immaculate top to bottom and i even looked underneath just as @weeksy would ;) . As i know them fairly well there was no problem with a bit of wiggle room on the price as well as a promise on discount for any gear he needs. I paid the deposit there and then to keep it for him till his finances are in place.

Superb little bike and i was surprised how comfy i felt on it size wise with the bars slightly higher and pegs better than i remember my 636B1H which was a race bike setup with lights and no thought for road comfort.

Should be picking it up in a couple of weeks and looking forward to a spin on it at some point :thumbup:
I expect they might move on the price at this time of year.
Or ask for some riding gear to be chucked in for free :)