2022 champion, who, why?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

2022 champion, who, why?

Post by weeksy »

Motogp Marquez
Wsb Rea
BSB Sykes (assuming he gets the Bird Ducati)

So who've you got and why?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: 2022 champion, who, why?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Why have you picked your choices, you've said who, but no why.

And I'm saying Alex Rins for MotoGP because I've bought a Suzuki
I have no interest in Superbikes, Supersport 300 is better to watch, but I'm not interested enough to pay any attention to who's likely to win.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Ok, fair point
Motogp Marquez
Wsb Rea
BSB Sykes (assuming he gets the Bird Ducati)

I think mm will give them all a pasting if his eyes and shoulders hold, he's just too damn good. I'd love to see the Pramac of Martin push on now too.
Rea and Kawasaki won't like being beaten, they'll be doing everything to win and I think Toprak whilst better this year, had a golden year and won't again

Sykes, I think BSB is weaker than wsb and on the Bird bike he'll fly. The Yamaha pair are too inconsistent for me and the rest, simply not good enough.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

In my opinion Marc Marquez won't be MotoGP champion again, he's had too many injuries and has lost the edge he had.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Here's what I want.

MotoGP Fab Frog
WSB Scotty.
BSB Kent.

I want FQ to beat MM fair and square to see how good he really is.
I've always liked Scotty and followed him on track.
And I'd love Danny Kent to get his skill back.
Skub

Post by Skub »

WSB will be interesting,because Toprak needs to win the championship again if he hopes to strengthen his CV for a decent Motogp seat and Rea will be doing everything he can to make sure it doesn't happen. I'll go for JR. The hunger is still there and he's a fighter.

For BSB you would think Taz Mackenzie is odds on favourite,but if His teammate can string a whole season together and not shit the bed in the showdown,he will be a real threat. To be so dominant,then lose it all must have stuck in O'Halloran's craw. It also depends which side of the bed Brookes decides he's getting out of. I'll say O'Halloran.

In Motogp,everything depends on MM's level of fitness. If we get a 100% fit MM,he'll win,if we don't,he may win races,but not the championship. Nothing stands still and the likes of Quartararo,Rins,Mir,Martin and Morbidelli are all getting better.We haven't seen the best of Franco yet.

I'll do take outside bet on Franco Morbidelli.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Hmmm.

MotoGP - Pecco. He has really come good and if he comes out fighting from round 1 will be hard to beat.
WSB - Tophat - Just cos I want him to.
BSB - No idea, never get to watch it.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:09 pm
Unfortunately I don't think we'll get that as MM isn't what he was even if he remains fit. I'm really hoping MM is fit enough that he'll be able to battle at the front, but I don't think he can do what he used too. If he could Fab wouldn't stand a chance IMO as MM just didn't finish off the podium whereas Fab is blistering 1 week and 10th the next.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supermofo wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:21 pm Hmmm.

MotoGP - Pecco. He has really come good and if he comes out fighting from round 1 will be hard to beat.
WSB - Tophat - Just cos I want him to.
BSB - No idea, never get to watch it.
Duh. I had totally forgotten about Bagnaia. I agree,he'll be a force.
Walt Whitman
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:09 pm Here's what I want.

MotoGP Fab Frog
WSB Scotty.
BSB Kent.

I've always liked Scotty and followed him on track.
And I'd love Danny Kent to get his skill back.
I like that. A lot. I'd love to see all three of those.

I'm not quite as down on Marquez and his injuries as the Cheese is but I'm also not convinced that Honda have the bike to give him - even though he seems able to ride anything!

Bagnaia is Ducati's best chance for a title and I'm with Skub that Morbidelli on a factory bike should be a force. Mir will want to prove he's not a "one and done" and Rins has a point to prove - as have Suzuki (for the same reason as Mir!). All in all, an exciting MotoGP season potentially.
wull

Post by wull »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm Why have you picked your choices, you've said who, but no why.

And I'm saying Alex Rins for MotoGP because I've bought a Suzuki
I have no interest in Superbikes, Supersport 300 is better to watch, but I'm not interested enough to pay any attention to who's likely to win.
Superbikes was awesome to watch this season, better than that GP pish.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

MotoGP - Rossi, he'll come out of retirement for the 3rd round and then win every race to the end of the season.
WSBK - Topcat, cos he's aces.
BSB - Brookes, I'm not a fan, but he's got something to prove after last year, especially after they kept him on for this year (I'd have sacked him).
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

MotoGP - Pecco Bagnaia
WSBK - too close to call really, but I'll go with the Turkish delight
BSB - Taz Mackenzie

I think that this year's Ducati will be a beast and that Pecco will be the one to get the most out of it. We were seeing even last year that it could win (or at least podium) at pretty much any track, so that's one of its major weaknesses gone. And Pecco was flying at the end of 2021. I'm sure FQ will put up a good fight (if the Yam allows him to), but it won't be enough. And I think we've seen peak MM. I will be surprised if he wins another championship. Races yes, championships no. And the Honda has some catching up to do.

In WSBK both Toprak and JR will be super-motivated. It will probably come down to which bike is the better developed of the two. I think Toprak will add even more consistency to his speed and it will be just too much for Jonny and the Kwak. But it's so close that JR could easily turn the tables.

BSB - not as well up on this, but Taz looks ominously good. Not convinced about Sykes - I think he's on the decline.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

MotoGP - Pecco as he is getting it right. Miller as he is just so quick when things are iffy and is a daredevil go for it rider. MM is going to win races, but the others have been at it full tilt and got used to banging fairings as hard as he did.

WSB - Toprak as he has tasted glory and is now going to be even more hungry. JR will fight and very hard, but Toprak has the edge and the raw speed. Be nice if Redding could hold it together and get everything he needs out of the BMW, but it is a longer shot on a bike that is not as good as the others.

BSB - T MacKenzie has the bike and the background. Needs to stay injury free and heal up quickly. It would be nice for Kent to have a decent showing.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Not much of an indicator,but a statement of intent,anyway.

Despite only half a day of testing at Jerez, Jonathan Rea topped the timesheets ahead of teammate Alex Lowes as the Jerez test came to an end

The two-day test for the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship came to a conclusion on Thursday with six-time Champion Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) topping the timesheets as the only rider to lap in the 1’38s bracket across both days. Only three WorldSBK riders took to the track as Team HRC opted to miss day two of action after a “fantastic” test day on Wednesday.

REA TOPS THE TIMESHEETS

After sitting out Wednesday’s running, Rea also only took to the track around 13:00 Local Time on Thursday to complete half-a-day of action, but it did not stop him going straight to the top of the timesheets with a 1’38.851ss. Rea was able to complete 61 laps in his half-day of testing, lapping faster than teammate Alex Lowes by around 1.4 seconds.

Lowes had spent Wednesday’s action focusing on the front of his Kawasaki ZX-10RR machine before switching his attention to the rear on Thursday as he looked to focus on corner exit improvements. Lowes completed 59 laps and posted a best lap time of 1’40.266s. Both Rea and Lowes were able to test Pirelli’s new-for-2022 SCQ tyre during their Thursday action.

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2022/R ... gn=Traffic
Walt Whitman
formula400

Post by formula400 »

MotoGp Marc - because he's an animal and I think he feels he has something to prove and also wants to wipe the floor with them.

Moto2 Lowes - its got to be his last chance and he's hungry

WSB Rea - pissed off he did't win last year and is going to do what ever he can to get it back

BSB - Tax young and quick and he's a nice lad.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
crust

Post by crust »

Motogp - Pecco, he's got the hang of the Ducati and winning. MM will be desparate to get back to his winning ways but he's now fragile and can't crash like he was used to. Fab will struggle to deal with the Ducati pack.

Moto 2 - some Johnny foreigner, Lowes doesn't have the luck to string together a successful season.

WSB - Rea, he'll be fired up for revenge. Toprak will find defending harder than winning.

BSB - Taz to beat the has-beens.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

crust wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:53 pm Motogp - Pecco, he's got the hang of the Ducati and winning. MM will be desparate to get back to his winning ways but he's now fragile and can't crash like he was used to.
He's still crashing...

Screenshot_20220206-161119_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220206-161119_Samsung Internet.jpg (391.78 KiB) Viewed 313 times
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Yorick wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:13 pm
crust wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:53 pm Motogp - Pecco, he's got the hang of the Ducati and winning. MM will be desparate to get back to his winning ways but he's now fragile and can't crash like he was used to.
He's still crashing...

And as he has always said, he only knows where the limits of the bike are and what it's going to do at the limit if he steps over it so that he can learn.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

lostboy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 am
Yorick wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:13 pm
He's still crashing...

And as he has always said, he only knows where the limits of the bike are and what it's going to do at the limit if he steps over it so that he can learn.
How many crashes does it take to find when to not go past that limit though ? That's the issue. Surely 'learning' implies that after a certain number of passing the limits, you stop just before them ?