What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
David

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by David »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:06 pm Took my hound to the vet. I had it on the calendar to take her in August for her yearly jabs, but a couple of times this week she had these strange episodes of heavy breathing/snorting. A quick Google and I surmised it was 'Reverse Sneezing' or inspiratory paroxysmal respiration to you, guv. Figured I'd take her sooner than later, though she's as bright as a button, so no real concern.

Rocks up to the vet, he asks if there's anything particular, I show him a brief video of the sneezing and he's as dismissive as I am, nothing serious, he says, takes the hound away (coronavirus: can't go in with the mutt), brings her back 15 minutes later, jabs done, tells me he's given her to once over, listened to her breathing and chest, no worries.

Just to be on the safe side, he says in grave tones, I'll give something for the trachea in case of swelling or irritation. We say goodbye. Nurse comes out, tallies the bill, hands me the paperwork and a bottle of Metacam.

This is now the third bottle of Metacam I have in my cupboard. I'm sure I binned some last year as well. I'm pretty sure Metacam is sugar water designed purely to boost the bottom line figure of vets' books. Every time I go near the place I seem to come out with Metacam.

If it cures all I'll start taking the bloody stuff myself. Next photo of me posted up here will have you all commenting about my glossy coat and shiny, wet nose.

Woof.
At the risk of repeating myself..it will go well with the little green number.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Got a call from the postman this morning, my new Residency Permit was in the post office and I needed to pick it up and sign for it. When I got there my new rifle scope was also waiting. Yay!

It's Kurban Bayramı tomorrow and everything will be closed so this afternoon I'll shoot into town and reactivate my government health insurance which stops on the day your residency finishes. It's hot though and Marmaris will be sweltering although there'll be few tourists where I have to go.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Rain stopped...had to lovely pedal from Whitby to Sandsend along the sea front. Lunch in the Hart pub, superb food in a nice beer garden. Back at the airbnb for a cuppa then a stroll down town later.

Lots of folk here. Pubs and eateries trying their best to enforce the new normal but it aint easy. Some take name and number for contact tracing but can't see that doing much to be honest.

So, if you get symptoms, you tell all the establishments you've been in. They contact everyone who has also been in, if they gave genuine number and so on and I assume you have to isolate yourself for 2 weeks. Good luck with all that working.

Social distancing being exercised by some folk but some shops have a notice outside saying " we do not enforce the wearing of face masks" which to me seems very irresponsible of the shop owner, so it ain't law then.

Imo...the new normal will be difficult to sustain and people will eventually just take their chance.

On a brighter note...18 year old virgins will become common again. 😀👍
Yamaha rocket 3
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Put my bloody back out again! :thumbdown: :x Third time in the past week and this time it really hurts. Hasn't been this bad since I first caused the problem 20 years ago gardening. Only now I'm even older and so I groan at every move. Walking no problem. Out for 3 hours this morning and that is supposed to be good for it, or so my physio said but 10 minutes to get up out of a chair FFS! Roll on 2 weeks when hopefully it'll have sorted itself.
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today i called the glass people about my double glazed door pane for the catflap. Yes, order has arrived and is waiting appointment. It arrived on Tuesday, but they could not be bothered to get it touch. Ah well. They hope to come Monday.

Booked car in for two new tyres tomorrow am first thing. Had a sleep early afternoon as it was too hot to do anything.

Got in touch with an old friend on hearing that her mum passed away this morning due to Covid19. Sad times, Morag was my Sunday School teacher and Tammy and I grew up together in our Church groups.

Did a quick shopping run this afternoon, car thermometer reading 37C... aircon works great as it was regassed earlier this month.

Waiting for the cat sitting lady to arrive so we can give her keys for the house and she can look after our two beasts while we go to Forest of Dean at the end of next week.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Went to the other place because I thought it all ended in Sept for some reason.
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Kayak'd from Fingringhoe (yes, it is a place!) to Alresford Mill, lovely and warm but a strong wind on the paddle back!
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Cleared space in the garage for a potential purchase.... depends on cash flow of course, but I'm a man of faith you know! Wife has okayed the midlife crisis, so I am glad.

Now have to stick the stuff taken from garage into the loft space! Ah well, at least it is for a good purpose.

Time for a quick drink and then to the loft I go...
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Druid

Post by Druid »

I have been driving my wife around the north of England looking at poxy little diesel powered SUV/crossover things. She didn't find one that she likes, so I may be doing something similar tomorrow, and Monday.

I'm looking forward to going back to work on Tuesday
Horse

Post by Horse »

Had a Covid test.

Appointment booked for a set time, but arrived really early, wondering whether I could get in early?

2 cars ahead of me with occupants being tested, two more waiting. I was home (40 miles away) about appt time.

Things to know:
1. Swab to back of throat, "say ahhhh". You run out of breath before they finish
2. Swab up nose tickles. I didn't know that sinuses could be ticklish:)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Went to the beach, didn't fly a kite.
melons

Post by melons »

Went to the work, didn't fly a kite either.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

I tried keeping up with an MV Augusta Brutale 1000RR :lol:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

scottyuk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:43 pm I tried keeping up with an MV Augusta Brutale 1000RR :lol:
How'd that go?
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

You have to ask ?!?!?! :lol:
Skub

Post by Skub »

the_priest wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Sounds a bit risky. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Skub wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 pm
the_priest wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Sounds a bit risky. :lol:
It was! Turns out the loft is a lot bigger than I thought and I can hide a lot of motorcycle stuff up there! Oh how the plot thickens.
ogri

Post by ogri »

Filled bike up, back home for a cuppa then meeting family at holly hill for a stroll in a while :P
Ignorance is bliss
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

ogri wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:25 am Filled bike up, back home for a cuppa then meeting family at holly hill for a stroll in a while :P
Is that the one at Sarisbury green? Is it worth a visit with a dog and grandkids ?

I shall be taking my bike for a spin around the back of the hill before ending up at Route 66 before the family arrive for a barbecue..
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Horse wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:24 pm Had a Covid test.

Appointment booked for a set time, but arrived really early, wondering whether I could get in early?

2 cars ahead of me with occupants being tested, two more waiting. I was home (40 miles away) about appt time.

Things to know:
1. Swab to back of throat, "say ahhhh". You run out of breath before they finish
2. Swab up nose tickles. I didn't know that sinuses could be ticklish:)
How come you neeed a test mate? Just wondering.

Heard the nose thing is unpleasant too, one of my staff who lives in Leicester lockdown had one, he didn’t enjoy it either!!!
Mick.