Boris - how much longer will he suvive?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Horse

Re: Boris - how much longer will he suvive?

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 pmJeremy Hunt who, they say, has been stealthily
Apart from on CCTV? ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Horse wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm
Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 pmJeremy Hunt who, they say, has been stealthily
Apart from on CCTV? ;)
Eh? Has he 'done a Hancock' too? :shock:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 pm
Horse wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm
Apart from on CCTV? ;)
Eh? Has he 'done a Hancock' too? :shock:
Oops silly Hoss :D
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 pm
Oh, nearly forgot, Keith Vaz. (Can't have a politics post without randomly mentioning him can we?)
To be fair there is still years worth of material to throw in for comedy (or horror) effect on Vaz, he's like the Benny Hill of politics with added bumming and drugs to take it supersonic.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Just in.

“No10 is throwing out as much confusing chaff as possible, such as nonsense about a ‘drinking culture’ intended to shift blame. (There was no ‘drinking culture’ while I was there but the string of parties after I left shows the PM trying to be ‘my own chief of staff’ was disastrous, as he was told it would be.)

MPs should focus on the basics.

The PM’s PPS invited people to a drinks party.
The PPS was told to cancel the invite by at least two people.
He checked with the PM whether the party should go ahead.
The PM agreed it should.
They both went to the party.
It was actually a drinks party.
The PM told MPs repeatedly that he had no idea about any parties.
The events of 20 May alone, never mind the string of other events, mean the PM lied to Parliament about parties.

Not only me but other eyewitnesses who discussed this at the time would swear under oath this is what happened.

I notice that when I explained about the PM trying to go see the Queen when he might have been infectious and I stopped him, No10 issued a total denial and I was told that ‘Martin is supporting the PM’s denial’. This episode was also witnessed by others who will tell the official inquiry that what I have said is true and the official denials are false.

There are many other photos of parties after I left yet to appear.

I’ll say more when SG’s report is published.”

In full

https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/ ... s-variants

Revenge is a dish best served....

Seems like he has enough dishes for a banquet!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Cummings is a toad though. Now he is a bitter toad to boot.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I’m inclined to think that much of Cumming’s ire is to do with the antipathy/hostility between him and Carrie Johnson.

If he is telling the truth it accounts for all the support/cover up he got following the Barnard Castle visit. They hoped he’d keep quiet.

And if the rumours are to believed about the idiot Williamson getting a knighthood are true we can guess why. As an ex Whip he will know where all the skeletons are hidden.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Horse wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:26 pmThe distraction campaign has started, with today's announcement that the BBC licence fee will be ending. Hmmm wanting to get rid of something, but having no plan for a replacement. Sounds familiar!

“Word of the day is ‘sparple’ (14th century): to deflect unwanted attention from one thing by making a big deal of another.”

Susie Dent. Dictionary Corner.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
irie

Post by irie »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 pm
DefTrap wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:36 pm
Horse wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:19 pm Boris Johnson not in danger over parties, says Nadhim Zahawi
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60022022
The same geezer was interviewed on ITV Breakfast (yeah, sorry) and was repeatedly ask whether BJ should be punished for his clear and obvious rule-breaking. He kept repeating that everyone and anyone should be punished for rule-breaking.
It's rather a peculiar stance - if BJ murdered someone and it turned out he reckoned everyone else had too, does that mean his murdering didn't count? It's an odd logic.
If he was caught speeding too, we'd all be in the dog-house. On the bright side, the fines would clear the national debt.
Just been reading The Spectator (now I feel like I need a shower, it's the in-house magazine for the swivel-eyed loony contingent) and their reading of the runes is some in the party want him gone before the local elections, some (obviously not local politicians) want to wait and see what happens in the local elections.
The lifting of all restrictions is offered as a 'well, I got us all through the pandemic, time for someone else to carry the burden' honourable resignation opportunity.
However, The Spectator crew can't think of a decent/acceptable/competent replacement either. Sunak gets a mention but has opposition inside the parliamentary party and is very much the new boy. They imply that if Truss is the answer, then the question is wrong. They also say (god help us all) that Patel will run...but only as a bargaining chip for a key post in the aftermath (pray that it's a job that doesn't involve any numbers in more than triple figures). Sneaking up on the inside rail is the runner-up from last time, Jeremy Hunt who, they say, has been stealthily working towards this ever since.

Wonder what the bookies are offering?

Oh, nearly forgot, Keith Vaz. (Can't have a politics post without randomly mentioning him can we?)
Sue Grey is no pushover, doesn't mince her words. This wouldn't surprise me.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Update: According to Sky’s Beth Rigby, she has stated that a No. 10 staff member corroborates Cummings’s allegation that Johnson was told.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

If this was the Middle Ages, Cummings would have been strangled as he scuttled between the privy and the whorehouse, and the Queen would have had Boris's balls hacked off, wait til he'd seen that, then lopped off his head. The "investigation" would've taken as long as it took to summon him to the Tower.

:(
Potter

Post by Potter »

I believe what Cummings is saying is true. I really can see Boris being told that it's not a good idea, but in his arrogance he'd have done it anyway.
What kills my pig is that Cummings is exactly the same, he knew he shouldn't have been driving up and down the country but he did it anyway because he's so arrogant.

They're all in the filth together and one bloke standing covered in shit, telling another bloke he smells like shit, turns me off the whole thing.
They both need throwing in the tower.

I keep saying it, but why oh why won't Labour put a couple of decent candidates in, then pile on the pressure, the public would swing wildly and the tories would have to go for a vote of no confidence.
If a general election was forced I could possibly see a protest vote putting Starmer in, but I'm not sure it's that bad yet.
irie

Post by irie »

Potter wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:35 am ...
If a general election was forced I could possibly see a protest vote putting Starmer in, but I'm not sure it's that bad yet.
With Starmer you would also get the likes of Angela Rayner, Richard Burgon, Wes Streeting, Rebecca Long-Bailey (who apparently wrote the Labour suicide note aka Labour manifesto for the last election), along with others such as Len McCluskey behind the scenes ...

Edit: sp
Last edited by irie on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Horse

Post by Horse »

Potter wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:35 am If a general election was forced I could possibly see a protest vote putting Starmer in, but I'm not sure it's that bad yet.
Years ago, I saw something about how blokes decide to go to see their GP. There were four factors where the balance had to tip, such as pain Vs embarrassment.

We're in a similar situation now. People are really pissed off - but is that yet enough to go beyond a massive protest and accept the alternative? Probably not.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

The people who decide Labour leadership only want a Labour party that will benefit them personally, if it won't do that then they aren't interested. SKS tried changing this to give MPs more say in the leadership but unsurprisingly it wasn't acceptable to those in charge.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Mussels wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:45 am The people who decide Labour leadership only want a Labour party that will benefit them personally, if it won't do that then they aren't interested.
You say that almost as if it wasn't the case for the Tories.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mussels wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:45 am The people who decide Labour leadership only want a Labour party that will benefit them personally, if it won't do that then they aren't interested. SKS tried changing this to give MPs more say in the leadership but unsurprisingly it wasn't acceptable to those in charge.
The people who decide the Government often only want the one that will benefit them personally too. Self-interest isn't new. Enlightened self-interest is rarer.

All most MPs, of all parties, want from a leader is someone that will help them keep their seat. Logical even for the conviction politicians, they can't do as much outside parliament as they can inside. Doubly logical for the snouts/troughs/status types.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Boris bluffing his way through.

Horse

Post by Horse »

"We may have made"

May?
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

"Nobody told me". :roll:

I wonder if the dog has eaten his homework.