Your old favourite bikes owned, what were they ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Your old favourite bikes owned, what were they ?

Post by weeksy »

MY old sport classic and our 749. The 749 didn't quite live up to expectations and was just downright expensive, but it was stunningly built.
The Sport Classic was a dream bike, i almost bought it back for double what i paid for it...

ImageDSC02353 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

My old 916, Bueprinted engine, gasflowed, STM slipper, MArchesini 5 spokes, Ohlins, etc etc. Just an amazing bike and the bike that took me to my 1 and only trophy
Imageweeksy1 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

My 1st KTM and first naked bike actually. It was just SO different to anything i'd ridden, just so unique. It really did start my love affair with KTMs.
ImageDSC00874 (2) by Steve Weeks, on Flickr
Potter

Re: Your old favourite bikes owned, what were they ?

Post by Potter »

AR50 at 16yrs old.
RD125LC at 17yrs old.
Gamma 125 at 17yrs old.
TZR250 at 18yrs old.

Everything else has been bought and ridden in an attempt to try and recreate the feeling riding those bikes.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:23 am AR50 at 16yrs old.
RD125LC at 17yrs old.
Gamma 125 at 17yrs old.
TZR250 at 18yrs old.

Everything else has been bought and ridden in an attempt to try and recreate the feeling riding those bikes.
Any of them managing it ? Could any ever ? Did you ever try the 690 ?
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

YZ50, 80 and 125’s in the schoolboy Mx champs.
RG125 and 250’s after snapping a kneecap.
GPZ600R that ended up with a GPZ750R Turbo engine and kit grafted into it. That’s still on the road!
We won’t talk about what happened to the de-restricted EXUP.....
XTZ600 Teneré was a fat, cumbersome pig but epic on gravel roads where we used to be and had a tank that made a GSA look small 🤣
ZX10R is still nuts and with me as are a couple of others but riding types have changed so one will be going to put a couple of others in the garage soon.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:25 am Any of them managing it ? Could any ever ? Did you ever try the 690 ?
To be fair all my current bikes are pretty close, none are the fastest, the best dressed, or any of the things that seems to appeal to a lot of people on two wheels today, I just ride them for pure enjoyment. In fact I think my bikes would only appeal to a real two wheel enthusiast, few modern bikers would enjoy the Rudge, or even the LC.

A bloke at work got into bikes relatively recently and he can't understand why anyone would ride anything other than the latest machinery.

Very brief go on a 690, literally up the street and back with no helmet on, I like it and it felt like it had a bit more soul than the XT.
The XT was an amazing bike, good at almost everything, but no soul at all.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

My FS1e. Went out at 00:01 on the morning of my birthday and came shivering and numb with cold at about 5am. My first legal ride on the road and I was hooked.

On my 17th birthday I got a RD250e and was in love with it. Couldn't believe a bike could accelerate uphill and you didn't have to keep changing down to keep going! :lol: I put a set of allspeed exhaust on it and even though they reduced the ground clearance, I fell in love with the noise!

I've owned a lot of bikes over the years and the more i think about it, the more i'll remember the merits of some I'm sure, but off the top of my head, i'll say a Bros 650, a CCM 604 and my BMW F800R.