The Triumph

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
the_priest

Re: The Triumph

Post by the_priest »

I've been able to clip them in on the old mudguard so they don't appear to rub, but that is a great tip. I'll have a look for some of that stuff.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Just had a lovely longer ride on the bike today. Managed to get the fuel reserve light on, so will now be able to get tank off easily and strip the rear end of the bike down. I'll stick it on the Abba Stand and make a go of things from then.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

the_priest wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:48 pm I've been able to clip them in on the old mudguard so they don't appear to rub, but that is a great tip. I'll have a look for some of that stuff.
"Helicopter Tape".

That's the name I couldn't remember. It's used on the leading edge of helicopter blades to protect against sand erosion and similar.
inewham

Post by inewham »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:47 am "Helicopter Tape".

That's the name I couldn't remember. It's used on the leading edge of helicopter blades to protect against sand erosion and similar.
Or at the cheap end of the spectrum B&Q were selling some very heavy clear tape for taping together polythene for under laminate flooring
Its tough, pretty clear and cheap. I put some on my carbon pushbike forks to stop them getting scuffed. Its holding my ZZR plastics together too.