Incoming! The blue bouncer. Whyte G-170

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
Mr Moofo

Re: Incoming! The blue bouncer. Whyte G-170

Post by Mr Moofo »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:52 pm I've got a couple in the pile. The lad is running his on the back.... but i'm wondering if we should fit it on the front instead of his Shorty for the 417 race... even 1s off his time in the race would make a potential difference of 3-4 places up the leaderboard if we can get it without him having to try any differently. 2.5s and he's on the podium.... so using an invisible gain to get that would be an absolute bonus.
TBH - "as fast as fuck" and "him there on the Cotic" have never really been used in the same sentence :shock: so the judgement is yours!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Well interestingly i was looking over the bike today and you know when they say "hindsight, it's a wonderful tool" well it really may be in this case.

I've got this shock as you know, the Marzochi Bomber CR, which has not only spring rate but has high and low speed settings to play with too.

Well, i've not really touched it since buying the bike... and today i bounced on the bike and thought "woah, that's exceptionally slow"..

Click, click.... "still slow"..... click click click...."Still slow, getting better".... click click...."yeah that's more like it...." but that was 7 clicks faster of rebound.... Errrrrm that seems a LOT.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Me and the black/blue thing are very much a happy couple after today. It was faultless.

One minor issue was a bit of seatpost sag, but I think that's just cable tension and a bit of a dodgy lever I have, but will tweak that tomorrow.

Riding it was ace though in the SH ride. Both me and it are getting less shit as time passes and with luck I may even get a 'not last' place this year
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Had a rattle yesterday which I think was the cassette now. It was a little wiggly when testing it like you would do with a car wheel bearing.

So took it off, out in a slightly larger spacer behind cassette and away we go. All nice now.

Whipped seatpost out of the frame and adjusted the tension on cable, all good now.