Trips and adventure planned for 2020?

Anything to do with being out and about, whether on your own or looking to arrange trips and adventures with forum members
weeksy
Site Admin

Trips and adventure planned for 2020?

Post by weeksy »

What you got then ? With who ? Riding what?

Me and the lads are doing 3-4 days up to the very south of Scotland. Me, tricky, his brother, Mr OCD and his buddy, Bublé shoes, Claude, couchie.
Possibly Crust and Pygmy too

I'll be in the 690 of course, could be a long arse day or 4 chasing the fast lads!!!
Yorick

Re: Trips and adventure planned for 2020?

Post by Yorick »

In September, 6 of us are touring Spain. We'll have 12 days between ferries, so plan is 4 days riding. Then 4 days at a base. Then 4 days ride back.

Will be some fast days. Some steady days. And some drinking.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Well the plan is for Mr WD and me to spend a couple of weeks pootling about in the Alps in late June, hopefully meeting up with Noggin after her operation. However, June doesn’t feel like far enough off now given that the World seems about to implode.... :o
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

ferry's booked for June to go to Santander and a quick dash to an area to the West of Madrid...we shall see if we're allowed to. Me Reburner and two more not of this internet parish, Reburner's going to need a ride too as his multistrada is banged up in Italy :cry:
Druid

Post by Druid »

May Bank Holiday weekend in Wales with 2 mates. Coronavirus should be hitting its peak about then
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

May 25 for 3 nights taking in some national parks. Peaks...Yorkshire Dale's...North pennines...Kielder then over to Ayr...Galloway...Lake district and home. 200m a day ish. STRICKLY NO TENTS. Virus permitting.
Yamaha rocket 3
Davie lad

Post by Davie lad »

A couple of days on Orkney, mid July..
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

was sposed to be four of us off with bikes to Spain in the first week of July :x
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

A lap of Ireland at Easter
Cochem trip in a couple of months
Due in Scotland later in the year
Thetford long weekend bikebash/camping in August

Not really expecting any of those to happen. Fingers crossed for my 3 days at Estoril in September!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Trip to the shops later to pick up bog roll and dried pasta ....
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Not 2020 but 2021 I'm planning on going to the Moto Guzzi Open House in Mandello. I'll take 2-3 days getting down there the twisty way, a couple of days at the Factory (it's a 3 day event) and then come back again via twisties.

Broadly Northern France - Luxembourg - Germany - Austria- Italy going out. Italy - Switerland - Eastern France coming back.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

MotoGP in Austin. Cancelled

Annual trip to Bike Reunion event in Czechia in May. Cancelled

Trip to see mates in Slovenia in June. Cancelled

MotoGP in Sepang in October.

Moto GP in Valencia in November.

Was moving to Spain on 12th April, but looks unlikely due to blockade in UK, France and Spain. Foreign Office closed, so the Apostle to give my solicitor Power of Attorney to act for me in the signing over of my house there has not come through. So move off until, well, whenever.

Things will get better sooner or probably later
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Airbnb and booking.com been in touch and cancelled our stays up north.
Not much biking gonna get done this summer. 😟
Yamaha rocket 3
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

I honestly don't think anybody is going to be going anywhere much this year. International trips are unlikely, long distance ones right out. I cancelled my trip to Magadan and Mongolia at the start of last month when it became apparent what was starting to happen, back then only a few borders had closed but the writing was on the wall for anyone who cared to read it. Some people were saying "just go, it'll be fine" but they are a bit quiet now.

My take on the big picture is that travel won't return to normal for at least 2 years. Obvs it depends what the coronabug does, but free movement won't be restored until either the whole world has had it and recovered, or else a vaccine has been developed and rolled out to 7 billion or so people. With predictions of vaccine availability 12-18 months away and the time to roll it out that means the start of 2022 being the likely first time barriers will start coming down in the richer countries of Europe who can afford early vaccination. Elsewhere in the world, in poorer or more remote countries, vaccine will be late or non-existent. Travellers, far from being welcomed as guests bringing money, may be regarded as bringers of plague instead and given a very different welcome. Proper abroad, I reckon a good 3-4 years. In the UK we might see easing of travel restrictions toward the end of this year, but it depends on what happens if waves of the virus flare up as distancing protocols are relaxed. I wouldn't be making any firm travel plans for 2020, TBH.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tomcat wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm I honestly don't think anybody is going to be going anywhere much this year. International trips are unlikely, long distance ones right out. I cancelled my trip to Magadan and Mongolia at the start of last month when it became apparent what was starting to happen, back then only a few borders had closed but the writing was on the wall for anyone who cared to read it. Some people were saying "just go, it'll be fine" but they are a bit quiet now.

My take on the big picture is that travel won't return to normal for at least 2 years. Obvs it depends what the coronabug does, but free movement won't be restored until either the whole world has had it and recovered, or else a vaccine has been developed and rolled out to 7 billion or so people. With predictions of vaccine availability 12-18 months away and the time to roll it out that means the start of 2022 being the likely first time barriers will start coming down in the richer countries of Europe who can afford early vaccination. Elsewhere in the world, in poorer or more remote countries, vaccine will be late or non-existent. Travellers, far from being welcomed as guests bringing money, may be regarded as bringers of plague instead and given a very different welcome. Proper abroad, I reckon a good 3-4 years. In the UK we might see easing of travel restrictions toward the end of this year, but it depends on what happens if waves of the virus flare up as distancing protocols are relaxed. I wouldn't be making any firm travel plans for 2020, TBH.
I don't doubt you're correct for a second...
G.P

Post by G.P »

Just got confirmation that Brno MotoGP 8/9 August is behind closed doors. On the upside, they've signed for next year and out tickets are valid (3 days + grandstand). We'll get a refund on our accommodation and just need to sort out flight tickets - Bristol - Prague return, they were only £80 so no great shakes if we loose that..

Looking forward to 2021 already. :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:39 am Just got confirmation that Brno MotoGP 8/9 August is behind closed doors. On the upside, they've signed for next year and out tickets are valid (3 days + grandstand). We'll get a refund on our accommodation and just need to sort out flight tickets - Bristol - Prague return, they were only £80 so no great shakes if we loose that..

Looking forward to 2021 already. :)
See you at Brands Indy :)

MSV Trackdays.... Wife is in Nov2 group. I've canned my space as she's now using that space/funds for Oulton on the 25th as i felt she needed the trackday more than me. We've got Premier Inn locally.
G.P

Post by G.P »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:42 am

See you at Brands Indy :)

MSV Trackdays.... Wife is in Nov2 group. I've canned my space as she's now using that space/funds for Oulton on the 25th as i felt she needed the trackday more than me. We've got Premier Inn locally.
Maybe, loads of other shit going on!
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

ORS on hold despite pubs being open - FFS!
How you can’t be in the middle of a forest training yet can be in pubs with a bunch of mouth breathers is beyond me.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

scottyuk wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:33 pm A lap of Ireland at Easter
Cochem trip in a couple of months
Due in Scotland later in the year
Thetford long weekend bikebash/camping in August

Not really expecting any of those to happen. Fingers crossed for my 3 days at Estoril in September!
My pessimism was a bit off. Easter's trip didn't happen but Cochem is on! :clap:

Role on 4:30am Friday morning! :crazy: