MCN : HONDA X-ADV (2021 - on) Review

Anything you like about motorbikes
maccecht

Re: MCN : HONDA X-ADV (2021 - on) Review

Post by maccecht »

The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

maccecht wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:59 pm Can't see why people get so hung up about weight. The long way down was done on an R1150gs which is 229kg on its own. This man chucks a 240kg Ktm around like a child's toy. It's all about the balance. I would happily take the Xadv down green lanes and having owned one they are surprisingly good
https://riders.drivemag.com/news/ktm-12 ... uro-rider/
Because it takes force to move mass. More mass means more force needed.

You can disguise it with wider bars but ultimately lighter bikes are easier to manoeuvre.

As a courier - when I was regularly 10 or 12 hours in the saddle - I found lighter bikes much less fatiguing to ride.

Plus I've rescued a crashing 125kg bike with a hefty application of size nine when the front tyre let go after I was too enthusiastic on a wet roundabout. I doubt I'd succeed with one weighing nearly twice that!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

I'm thinking about getting one of these. Not the latest version, cos I'm dead tight and scrottagy. But a second hand one. Most of the reviews (including John Milbank who I very much trust) say they're really good and different.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

They do peak my interest as well tbf. A couple of lads I know who run a motorcycle training company both now ride them, and love them. And one of the lads is one of the smoothest/ quickest riders i know.
Be ideal for commuting and quick trips out.
Skub

Post by Skub »

maccecht wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:59 pm Can't see why people get so hung up about weight. The long way down was done on an R1150gs which is 229kg on its own.
And practically every episode of that miserable series had one or either of the two boyos busting a gonad to pick the bloody things up. :lol:

As for the Scoot thing,it takes all sorts,I guess. :wtf:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
maccecht

Post by maccecht »

I have one this is my 2nd one first one got nicked. I love it ticks all my boxes. I lowered mine as the seat is wide and quite high. More than enough poke for me and in sport mode quite fun to ride on the B roads. I have no intention of picking it is so the weight is not an issue