Jorge Back On The Duck?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Jorge Back On The Duck?

Post by Yorick »

Wow, never saw this coming. It shows that he still wants to race and win. He's a 3 time winner on the red bikes and one more to take the fight to MM.
No matter what, he's still good enough for any top ride (apart from Honda of course ;) )

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93900 ... e-underway
Supermofo

Re: Jorge Back On The Duck?

Post by Supermofo »

I'd have liked to have seen Lollypop head on a Suzuki. I think he'd really suit it and he is still plenty fast, he just got scared of the Honda. Which says a lot of what Marc can do on it. Then again I like both Suzuki riders so unless they could come up with a 3rd bike it won't happen.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I think part of Jorge's bother with the Honda was the fact he always seemed to be nursing an injury and at his time of retiring a few more unlucky knocks may have left him with life changing damage. That's bound to have had an effect on his head. He needed time on the Ducati before he came good,he didn't really get that at full fitness on the Honda.

He has unfinished business in MotoGP and should do well on a Duke.

I hope it happens,because it's all good for us. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Mined ewe,I'd be amazed if Dovi didn't renew his contract.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
G.P

Post by G.P »

Skub wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 pm Mined ewe,I'd be amazed if Dovi didn't renew his contract.
This.

But If Jorge has decided he wants back in, He'll get plenty of offers and room made for him...:)
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

Well now: I would LOVE to see Jorge back on a Ducati!
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Skub pretty much nailed it I think. The chances of Dovi not re-signing were already slim and this puts extra pressure on him. Up to this point you could reasonably say Ducati wouldn't have had any top riders available if Dovi were to leave - but with this (potentially) happening Dovi's hand is much weaker. And where would he go if he did walk away from one of the best rides in the series?

Add to that you could see the palpable relief on Lorenzo's face when he did retire, it was like a giant weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He always got on well with Yamaha and testing for them would have been win-win. I suppose this could work for him as well to get a better test rider package next year, but at the end of the day I'd be very surprised to see him on a grid again.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Its almost as if Ducati have put it out there that Jorge wants back in just to make Dovi sign on the dotted line again. Its not as if there are no riders left as Cal is also available with the HRC Marquez shuffle going on effectively punting him out of his seat

In Cals benefit Carmelo who runs MotoGP seems to love him and will try and keep him in the paddock if he can which is where the current Aprilia rumours seem to be heading. Shame as both British riders who have ended up with that seat have described it as a complete nightmare and a death to their MotoGP careers with a shambles of a team run from 2 different directions as the bikes were run by Aprilia and the team run by Gresini who each had their own way of doing things and their own objectives