I've sold a motorcycle

Anything you like about motorbikes
Taipan

Re: I've sold a motorcycle

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:54 pm
Taipan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:13 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:55 am Have I got this right? The 3 main people that don't like 400s - 1 rides a scooter, 1 a Husky and 1 a Hardley? :lol:

I'd say the Honda CB400F was pretty iconic, despite the fact that it wasn't that successful at the time - which is surprising. Pretty collectable now though.
FWIW, I thought the 916 was one of the most beautiful bikes id ever seen. When a Mate got one and I saw it up close I thought I've got to have one, even though I don't really like sportbikes, but, I wanted to own one. My mate said you'd hate it. It's deffo not for you. I took it out for a ride and within a hundred yards I knew he was right! I went round the block and gave it back.

Same with the imported Honda 400 I rode. I thought it was noise and no go and gave it straight back. I suspect both bikes would be very good in the right environment, but I don't ride where they'd do well. I have secretly always wanted a 400 four with the snakey 4-1 exhaust thing, but i'l probably never own one...
I was just making the point TP, that whatever you like/ride someone will tell you it's rubbish because they don't like them. Been, there, done that with BMWs :D
Once, if it wasn't a sports 600, it was rubbish, now, if it's not 1000cc+ it's rubbish etc etc. Whereas, really, if you like what you ride, it's the perfect bike (and you can even like other things but not want to own them :thumbup: ). Mind you, if it's a café racer with holes in the side........ :lol:
As an owner of multiple dubious quality and undesirable bikes, I'm an authority on rubbished bikes! :lol:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Yorick wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:41 pm But occasionally I can let it loose and get FAAAAAAARK. :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I never want to have a bike that won't give me that ultimate buzz.
Which is exactly why every time I think about flogging it, I take it out and come back swearing I'll never sell it and wondering how it's legal for people like me to own something so bloody fast.🙄🙄
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I took my 30 year old 750 out for a ride yesterday, it will still indicate 140mph, tbh it's so stable at speed it's not that exciting, but it was bloody fast and wasn't flat out.
Honda Owner