The Brexit thread

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Saga Lout

Re: The Brexit thread

Post by Saga Lout »

irie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:55 am
Asian Boss wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:03 am Regardless of what I do or don't read; and whatever the Express says, this is what's happening.
No, this describes what is happening.

https://blackfords.com/european-arrest-warrant-brexit/
Are you saying the Express has got its facts wrong?

What would Diana think? :shock:
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Another industry Brexited away. While the ostriches keep their heads in the sand.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-04/is- ... as-dinners
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Asian Boss wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:20 pm Another industry Brexited away. While the ostriches keep their heads in the sand.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-04/is- ... chrisother ntmas-dinners
Another industry with piss-poor pay, diabolical working conditions, and personnel practices that stink worse than the abattoirs. And you are surprised they relied on poor immigrant labour, and are now bleating like lambs to the slaughter? Nice try to jerk Joe Public's heartstrings abut the poor little piggies though.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

irie

Post by irie »

Asian Boss wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:20 pm Another industry Brexited away. While the ostriches keep their heads in the sand.

Nothing fazes you, does it?

You post some shite about the the EU arrest warrant which is completely discredited, then you blithely move onto the next brainless post.

You really are not very bright.

Bless.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

And now Facebook, Brexited away. :(
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Pirahna wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:09 pm Image
It's what we voted for! We knew what we were voting for! :lol:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Some, probably most, who voted for Brexit knew better than to believe the Express.

Any other straw men you would like to demolish?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Asian Boss wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:23 pm And now Facebook, Brexited away. :(
Every cloud ….
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:41 pm Some, probably most, who voted for Brexit knew better than to believe the Express.

Any other straw men you would like to demolish?
Is that because most couldn’t read? :D

;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

This isn't bad news, the collapse of industrial slaughterhouses that process monstrous amounts of animals so they can end up as cut price meat on the shelves in supermarkets, or waste. I bet the poor piggies are gutted - or not as the case may be.

They should march every single human being in the UK through one of these places, then see how people vote, that would be democracy, eyes wide open - "here you go, this is an industrial slaughterhouse, is this what you want?".
I understand that many don't have a choice and have to buy what's available, which is why that industry needs to change and now hopefully it will.

This proves my point that people will use absolutely anything, no matter how disgusting or monstrous, to twist so they can make a political point. Who actually likes these slaughter factories and thinks they're a good thing?
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Ahh bless them, they actually think that protesting outside the Tory conference will actually make a difference..... how cute
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm not sure that it matters -which- industries are being screwed by brexit. The fact that they are and that the issues were foreseeable is enough.

Where's the clapping for the new accidental heroes, the abbatoir workers?
Horse

Post by Horse »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:52 am
Where's the clapping for the new accidental heroes, the abbatoir workers?
Will the sound of clapping carry to Romania?
Potter

Post by Potter »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:52 am I'm not sure that it matters -which- industries are being screwed by brexit. The fact that they are and that the issues were foreseeable is enough.
The issues being foreseeable is why people voted for Brexit, this is exactly what they wanted, to prove that the UK was propped up by cheap foreign labour.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Potter wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:21 am
DefTrap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:52 am I'm not sure that it matters -which- industries are being screwed by brexit. The fact that they are and that the issues were foreseeable is enough.
The issues being foreseeable is why people voted for Brexit, this is exactly what they wanted, to prove that the UK was propped up by cheap foreign labour.

I just thought that the UK should be out of the German/French club and when asked I gave my opinion. It had nothing to do with cheap labour so stop tarring everyone with your thick Brexiters brush please.

All of you bitter and twisted people of a different opinion, that is. :thumbup:
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Brexiters wanted to see UK industries going under, making the UK more reliant on EU imports? Gosh I hadn't realised that, I thought it was those nasty remainers hoping for carnage just so they could say 'I told you so'.

It wasn't too long ago that some on here were defending the UK pork industry as having the best standards in the world, now they can go fuck themselves because they're making Brexit look bad :wtf:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Hoonercat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:45 am
Brexiters wanted to see UK industries going under, making the UK more reliant on EU imports? Gosh I hadn't realised that, I thought it was those nasty remainers hoping for carnage just so they could say 'I told you so'.
I think some people want the same thing for different reasons, although it seems some on both sides of the fence want things to fail to prove their point.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm sure the pig farmers are thrilled that they're being 'slaughtered' (aha!) to prove a really fecking obvious point.

This is the tip of the iceberg. What's the next industry previously fuelled by forriners that will feel the pinch? Gravediggers? Prozzies? ;)

Pony's correct about sticking head in the sand over this. It's been obvious for years which industries would get bent out of shape: f&d manufacturing; hospitality; healthcare; cleaning. There's been very dull studies written on the subject.

Not to do anything about it is hilarious. Let's just tick them off while they all crash.