Winter Tweaks/Improvements for the Bike?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Winter Tweaks/Improvements for the Bike?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Druid wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:09 pm Suspension upgrade for the Speed Triple, front forks are rather firm and don't like the agricultural roads up here. Might stretch to a new rear shock, or perhaps just a new spring and a service.

The GS750 is pissing petrol out of the connecting pipes between the carbs. New pipes are not available so I may have to find an alternative solution. Or I may leave it covered up at the back of the garage and ignore it some more
They're just bits of rubber pipe, fiddly to replace but not impossible.
Has it still got the original Mikuni slide carbs?
Honda Owner
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Drown the ZH2 in ACF-50, maybe insulate the bike garage.

It does not need the ECU flash with 40 more BHP peak and over 100 at the red line (throttle bodies start closing after 10K with the stock tune).
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Hopefully get the Bonneville back and actually working :lol:.

Probably gonna flog the 5TA to my wife's Uncle.

The CBR doesn't need much. Well....it probably needs something doing in the carbs, new emulsion tubes by the sounds of it. However the worst that happens is that it hits a bit of a wall at 7k and part throttle so I can ride around that. Really not sure I can be arsed with stripping and rebuilding them.

I'm supposed to be starting restoration of my Speed Triple but a combination of too much effort going into the Bonneville and much more interesting things happening at work means I've not bothered yet.
Druid

Post by Druid »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 am
Druid wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:09 pm Suspension upgrade for the Speed Triple, front forks are rather firm and don't like the agricultural roads up here. Might stretch to a new rear shock, or perhaps just a new spring and a service.

The GS750 is pissing petrol out of the connecting pipes between the carbs. New pipes are not available so I may have to find an alternative solution. Or I may leave it covered up at the back of the garage and ignore it some more
It still has the Mikunis, but they're not just bits of pipe. They're rubber mouldings over metal pipes, the layer ones have metal pipes with O rings.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Druid wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:53 am
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 am

It still has the Mikunis, but they're not just bits of pipe. They're rubber mouldings over metal pipes, the layer ones have metal pipes with O rings.
Didn't know that, I'll have to have a look at the 33mm Smoothbores I've got tucked away.

Could you make some?
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Just bought these for the KRS...

Just about the cheapest I've seen them recently (I bought a set for £25 once).

I much prefer the R&G to the Oxfords. The controller is a bit low rent compared to the Oxfords, but they get much warmer and are much more reliable.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I might clean it... if it's lucky!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills