Winter Tweaks/Improvements for the Bike?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Skub

Winter Tweaks/Improvements for the Bike?

Post by Skub »

I don't know if there's much left I want to do to the Zed,not without getting into the silly money territory of things like Oz wheels. I look at this option with every bike I own,but end up choking at the £3k cost. :silent:

I'm probably down to continuing to replace a few titanium bolts here and there,or maybe rearsets. Unless,of course some other trinket catches my eye. :lol:

Anyone have great plans afoot?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Winter Tweaks/Improvements for the Bike?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Get the YPVS useable in the Q reg frame, get the C reg frame checked to see if it's straight and painted and then possibly move all the good bits to that frame
Z1170R - make the forks 2" longer, strip and clean the clutch, sort the jetting out.
FZR400RR - decide whether to keep it or not, probably not, in which case what do I do with it, it's worth more as parts than it is as a running bike, but can I be arsed to break it?
FZ750 - rebuild the fork that needs doing, that's about it.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I'm gonna tax the Beemer and use it for those sunny winter days, so I'll probably fit some heated grips.

The GSXR11 forks will be sent to someone to rebuild with the right springs and fix the seized adjuster, I just can't be arsed to do it myself.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Skub wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 pm Anyone have great plans afoot?
Only tarting it up, just dropped £160 on parts for shits n giggles
Le_Fromage_Grande

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:20 pm I'm gonna tax the Beemer and use it for those sunny winter days, so I'll probably fit some heated grips.

The GSXR11 forks will be sent to someone to rebuild with the right springs and fix the seized adjuster, I just can't be arsed to do it myself.
MCT have got a 3 month waiting list currently, well, that's what three people locally have told me.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:23 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:20 pm I'm gonna tax the Beemer and use it for those sunny winter days, so I'll probably fit some heated grips.

MCT have got a 3 month waiting list currently, well, that's what three people locally have told me.
I'll probably drive them over to Brooks in Bradford and leave them, it's getting sorn'ed at the end of the month and won't see the light of day again until April.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:25 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:23 pm

I'll probably drive them over to Brooks in Bradford and leave them, it's getting sorn'ed at the end of the month and won't see the light of day again until April.
Is that Brook Lister's ? They were going when I was a kid :obscene-birdiedoublered:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:11 pm Is that Brook Lister's ? They were going when I was a kid :obscene-birdiedoublered:
https://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

The Rockster has a list of things that need doing, but nothing will happen until we're in a new house with a garage. It's going to hibernate until then. :(

I want to replace the supplementary full beam units (got a pair of Denali D2s to fit),
a 2nd had rear-mudguard to fit (a previous owner cut back the long mudguard, I prefer the full length one, with the winter extension)
new seat cover to try out
It probably would benefit from a service too.
non quod, sed quomodo
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

The Triumph is a longer project which I'll keep track of progress on it's own thread but the Guzzi pipes are going to get properly polished up, will probably balance the throttle bodies and beetle map it too. It don't need no trinkets cos it's just right as it is 8-)
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Guzzi still needs a fair bit of sorting out, need to get the after market pipes silenced but then I'll get it remapped and I can't do that until the clutch is fixed which is an engine out jobbie.
1200gsa is too good to start messing about with it 🙂
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Whack some ACF50 on the Fazer, probably a new rear tyre and carry on riding. The Ducati will probably get an ACF coating as well and new rear tyre on the way to replace the perfectly good one I found a large cut in :(

Won’t be making any parts changes though
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

I've got loads of tat I bought for the NC like satnav bar and brush guards that I've not got round to fitting - The CBR needs a really really good wash esp underneath - I'll keep both taxed etc
The NC will get some ACF ( thanks for reminding me Bigyin).
David

Post by David »

For the winter I am putting a bigger motor in the LE, and an extra couple of wheels....some enclosing bodywork will help, along with heated rear screen and wipers, I will electrify the windows and fit a good a/c heater unit.....

oh ....hang on ...that's the x type.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Got a new cylinderhead with interchangable combustion chamber dome and decompression valve to bung on, a new kickstart lever (the starting compression is the main reason the kickers wear out too damn fast) and a Lectron flat slide carb with see through float bowl to fit.
As its been sitting for...erm...too damn long I'll likely have to replace crankseals and a few other consumables.
Druid

Post by Druid »

Suspension upgrade for the Speed Triple, front forks are rather firm and don't like the agricultural roads up here. Might stretch to a new rear shock, or perhaps just a new spring and a service.

The GS750 is pissing petrol out of the connecting pipes between the carbs. New pipes are not available so I may have to find an alternative solution. Or I may leave it covered up at the back of the garage and ignore it some more
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

The Le Mans may get new front suspension internals and I might take the engine out and take the grarbox and clutch off to try and fix an oil leak. Not sure if its the crank seal or the oil return pipe.
The Tuono, new chain and sprockets. Its got a mixture of tight and slack bits which makes setting the correct chain tension a bit of a gamble.
DT175MX, might get it up and running after doing the tank sealing in the spring, with the anticipation of playing in the snow if we get any in Essex.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

New more off road biased tyres on the Himalayan, and keep riding.
Le_Fromage_Grande

demographic wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:32 pm Got a new cylinderhead with interchangable combustion chamber dome and decompression valve to bung on, a new kickstart lever (the starting compression is the main reason the kickers wear out too damn fast) and a Lectron flat slide carb with see through float bowl to fit.
As its been sitting for...erm...too damn long I'll likely have to replace crankseals and a few other consumables.
Lectron carb is interesting, I'd love to try a set of them on my Kawasaki Z1170 - Rob Muzzy ran them late in 1982 on the AMA superbikes.
Honda Owner
R1Dave

Post by R1Dave »

Skub is the bike road or trackday? Or both of course.
What's been done to it exactly?

As for the R1, winter will see a refresh with and replace where needed, also tempted by wheels but much like you the costs involved are eye watering to me, especially as the R1s already have light wheels.

May just get them powder coated again, other than that, there's not much I can do to it now, outside of going balls deep into the GYYR/Yart catalogue.