PANIC BUY!

Current affairs, Politics, News.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: PANIC BUY!

Post by weeksy »

I'll let you know in an hour or two, i'm off out with the boy MTBing and at some stage of today we'll try and get some fuel as we're off to Minehead next weekend racing.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Horse wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:40 am

His wife has also declined the "exciting opportunity", he says, as "she's never driven anything larger than a Volvo".[/i]
Presumably not an FH. :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

"The man at the front... actually said 'You could have stopped and told us you weren't a petrol tanker," he said.

I don't trust the BBC anymore, I'm struggling to believe that's not made up.
If it's true then it's scary how stupid some people are.
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Potter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:14 am
"The man at the front... actually said 'You could have stopped and told us you weren't a petrol tanker," he said.

I don't trust the BBC anymore, I'm struggling to believe that's not made up.
If it's true then it's scary how stupid some people are.
The BBC has an obvious agenda / bias. But I don't think they just make stuff up. That looks credible including clear details of the driver.

Boris Johnson on the other hand...
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Firstly, was he carrying mortar or just cement powder?

Secondly was he really carrying 44 tonnes of load, or was the total weight of the lorry plus load 44 tonnes?

I don't doubt the stupidity of people so it falls into the plausible category for me.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Asian Boss wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 am
The BBC has an obvious agenda / bias. But I don't think they just make stuff up. That looks credible including clear details of the driver.

As if people would just follow a random tanker for miles, it could be on it's way back empty after delivering fuel.
I call BS and a picture of a driver saying "It happened honest guv" isn't swinging it for me.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I've been away on the boat or two days so now need fuel and like some in the UK I also have a problem.

There's no fuel in the village, the nearest is İçmeler, over the big hill. I don't have a car and my electric bike will probably get me there on a full charge but won't get me back.

One of the empty fuel cans is on the boat and I'll have to swim out to get that, then arrange for a mate to either take me to İçmeler or lend me his car but my UK licence is out of date so legally I can't drive.

I'll also need to find the letter from the Jandarme that allows me to put petrol in cans (or get a new one). Most garages don't bother with the letter but after the forest fires it may be required.

Then when I've got the fuel I'll have to get it out to the boat which is currently 50 or 60 metres offshore.

I'm think I should have bought a sailboat . . .
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Potter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:26 am
Asian Boss wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 am

As if people would just follow a random tanker for miles, it could be on it's way back empty after delivering fuel.
I call BS and a picture of a driver saying "It happened honest guv" isn't swinging it for me.
If we've got to the point where the BBC is just making stuff up that would be a significant worry.

Not just having an agenda or making mistakes in the details; but deliberately making whole stories up.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Asian Boss wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:30 am
If we've got to the point where the BBC is just making stuff up that would be a significant worry.

Not just having an agenda or making mistakes in the details; but deliberately making whole stories up.
They were covering up their top stars touching kids, so you think they wouldn't make a story up to sell a bit of news?
Horse

Post by Horse »

20211002_083810.jpg
20211002_083810.jpg (198.97 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Plenty of fuel available here in France.... but diesel is at €1.47 a litre !
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I managed to find diesel today, only the second forecourt I tried. :banana-dance:
£40 limit but that's probably enough for a week or two.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

First 4 empty.

Tesco seems ok in reading
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Brimmed the car at Tesco yesterday (the fuel light was on and everything! ;)).

There was a bit of a queue but nothing mental. 4 of the 20 pumps were shut.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:08 pm far do you have to go to reach 5 stations? I think we've got 2 in a 5 mile radius! Any queues where they had juice? (Trip to Farnham planned on Sun but should have enough for 2-way journey).
We have around 10 in a 5 mile radius, but due to population density, most are empty. Two were running yesterday and had big queues to and from them. But I was able to fill up the car, albeit the gogo juice was expensives!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Potter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:34 am
They were covering up their top stars touching kids, so you think they wouldn't make a story up to sell a bit of news?
If you watch again old footage of the interviews / appearances of Sir J-S, especially in his latter years - he pretty much tells everyone what he's up to. This one is particularly excruciating
That's ITV by the way, and that's sir David Frost letting him crack on and that's an audience of Joe public cackling at how naughty he is. And it's only 1989.

Theres an awful lot of complicit acceptance going on, is the point, can't just single out the beeb.
Potter

Post by Potter »

DefTrap wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:16 am
Theres an awful lot of complicit acceptance going on, is the point, can't just single out the beeb.
I don't know what it's like where you are, but having been out of the UK for ages now I look back and I can't believe what I read/see in the media. The staggering racism, bias, systematic lies, etc, that they pump out is incredible. I never used to see it because I was conditioned by it, but now I've been out of it for ages and I can see behind the curtain I can't turn off being able to see it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

No queues at garages round here, or at least its contained to the forecours and most seem to have fuel. Except ASDA! :roll:

Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Potter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:38 am
DefTrap wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:16 am
I don't know what it's like where you are, but having been out of the UK for ages now I look back and I can't believe what I read/see in the media. The staggering racism, bias, systematic lies, etc, that they pump out is incredible. I never used to see it because I was conditioned by it, but now I've been out of it for ages and I can see behind the curtain I can't turn off being able to see it.
Bias aside, do you believe any of what is reported as fact? Or none at all?