GENTLEMAN TOURER: FOUNDRY’S MOTO GUZZI V1000 RESTOMOD

Anything you like about motorbikes
Trogladyte

Re: GENTLEMAN TOURER: FOUNDRY’S MOTO GUZZI V1000 RESTOMOD

Post by Trogladyte »

Very nice indeed. I'd love one in the garage.

I've been mostly riding the Superduke over the summer, but took the Griso 1200 8v out for a spin a couple of days ago, and it was glorious. I remembered why I liked it so much in the first place. It was grunty and sure footed as ever, and felt like a real gentleman's ride on a late summer's day through the twisties in the Surrey hills.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I had a Lemansalike. I'm about 183cms tall and my knees bashed on the cylinder heads and fairing lowers. Lovely to ride, one of the best looking engines, but ill proportioned for me.

The side stand was a thing of practicality, once the weight was on it latched and wouldn't go forwards or backwards. I think it was originally fitted to a Guzzi California. The bike leaned over an unnervingly long way.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:38 am
DefTrap wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 am Always wanted a go on a nice one, that'd do but the green would have to go.
But as they appear to suit midgets, probably not. :(
I'm not exactly Hulk height (I'm ~70cm) and even that's OK on something tallish like a BMW GS, but looking at that penultimate picture, how much higher is the seat at the front than the rear wheel? About 6"? That is quite low innit? It must make the riding position a bit odd for the 'taller touring gentleman'.
PMSL. Just noticed. Make that 70in not cm. :lol: :lol: I may be shrinking in old age, but not that much. :shifty:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire