Last Day of Secular Job

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: Last Day of Secular Job

Post by 636mick »

For a variety of reasons I’m not a believer but I get why people are. As has been said, the effort and work you have put into achieving this demands my respect, which you deserve absolutely.

Fantastic achievement, all the very best for what will be a challenging, interesting and fulfilling future to you and your family.

Maybe one day when we know where your parish is we should arrange a RTTL meet!!!!

Cheers, I will have yet another bottle of Corona in your honour once I come off standby at 2300.
Mick.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Well all the very best to you! Does that mean you'll have the best boss anyone has ever had??? ;)
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

WelshDragon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pm Well all the very best to you! Does that mean you'll have the best boss anyone has ever had??? ;)
He is quite demanding, but on the plus side doesn’t seem to need to micromanage.
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

wheelnut wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:20 pm He is quite demanding, but on the plus side doesn’t seem to need to micromanage.
I hear he "moves in a mysterious way", that keeps them on their toes.
Brian
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Newey wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:38 pm Is it a paid job,if so who writes the cheques, so to speak, just curious.
I'm paid a stipend, which in effect, a sum of money that is not payment, but frees me to do the work of ministry. It is quite a lot less than I have been earning, even in my charity job, but sufficient, with my wifes teaching job, to pay the bills.

Rochester Diocese foots the stipend (the diocese I am ministering in). Bear in mind they had to furlough a lot of staff because of Covid .
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Congrats, make sure you get double time for Sunday’s as a lot of your work is on that day 👍🏆
McNab

Post by McNab »

the_priest wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:28 pm Rochester Diocese foots the stipend (the diocese I am ministering in). Bear in mind they had to furlough a lot of staff because of Covid .
Not Craggy Island then? I'm disapointed :D :1

Good luck anyway.
Docca

Post by Docca »

I don't believe in what you believe in, but I do believe in people following their calling. Good on you. I'm partial to Gin and 'Elvis Juice atm :silent:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

McNab wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17 pm
the_priest wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:28 pm Rochester Diocese foots the stipend (the diocese I am ministering in). Bear in mind they had to furlough a lot of staff because of Covid .
Not Craggy Island then? I'm disapointed :D :1

Good luck anyway.
I did spend time on Ilse of Sheppey, at HM Swaleside Prison working with the chaplaincy team there over three months of gaining experience.... does that count?
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.