Bruce Anstey is One Tough Nut

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Skub

Bruce Anstey is One Tough Nut

Post by Skub »

"I had cancer 25 years ago and it decided to come back in 2018," explained Anstey.

"I've been struggling with that, going through all the chemotherapy again, it's been a bit of a slog.

"By the second half of 2019 I was just starting to come right and won the 250cc race at the Classic TT on the Isle of Man, then Covid hit and I just had to keep out of the way for the last couple of years as my immune system is all shot.

"It's all good now. I had another small operation in 2019 to get rid of the last of it and I've been clear since then although I am still having blood tests every three months.

"The first time I had the treatment I really struggled but 25 years on the drugs stop you feeling as sick so that was much better.

"It was still hard but it seemed a lot easier this time as I knew what I was in for.

"The doctors still don't know if the cancer was the original one or the new one. They don't know how I'm still here really, so I'm a bit of a mystery to them."

'Classic TT in 2022 the goal'
"I don't know if I'll do the main TT again as I don't think I'm strong enough to do six laps," said Anstey of his plans for the future.

"But I really want to get out in the Classic TT again - maybe do the 500 and 250 races - that's my goal and hopefully that will happen in 2022.

"I definitely want to do the Classic TT and maybe some other bits and pieces in between.

"I'm just glad to be here and plan to get out there, enjoy life and have as much fun as possible."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/58544514
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Bruce Anstey is One Tough Nut

Post by weeksy »

Heck of a story, thanks for posting
wull

Re: Bruce Anstey is One Tough Nut

Post by wull »

He’s such an unassuming guy who you’d never expect to be ridiculously fast on a bike especially on the roads.

Kudos to the man.