What's the thoughts on this jacket?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Supermofo

Re: What's the thoughts on this jacket?

Post by Supermofo »

I love my Furygan leather Jacket. My favourite jacket ever. Ended up buying a pair of their leather strides and gloves off the back of it
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Horse wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:54 am
It's exactly 80s. I bought one like it (but in blue) in 1989.

[Historic note for any youngsters: there was no 'armour' then, they simply sewed in a layer of squidgy foam (if you were lucky, under a superimposed second layer of leather. Worst case they cut out an area of leather and sewed in a weaker panel ... ), so the diamond switching was to stop it moving. A few years later, the 'earwig' ribbed stitching 'style' was popular]
I had the exact same and also in Blue .... i thought i still had it somewhere as my daughter wore it when she was 13 for the first time i took her out on the back of the bike quite a few years ago

Pgm

Post by Pgm »

Horse wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:54 am
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:54 am https://jsaccessories.co.uk/product/fra ... iant=93365

Is it too 1980s?
It's exactly 80s. I bought one like it (but in blue) in 1989.

[Historic note for any youngsters: there was no 'armour' then, they simply sewed in a layer of squidgy foam (if you were lucky, under a superimposed second layer of leather. Worst case they cut out an area of leather and sewed in a weaker panel ... ), so the diamond switching was to stop it moving. A few years later, the 'earwig' ribbed stitching 'style' was popular]
I had one in red and it’s still hanging in the garage 😂
Horse

Post by Horse »

Pgm wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:13 am I had one in red and it’s still hanging in the garage 😂
There was a choice of blue (a sort of bluey grey), black, or red. It was a strong red, or 'oxblood'.

Salesperson in the shop said "I think the red makes people look ill" then looked horrified and asked "You weren't going to choose the red were you?" :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

This is a nice jacket in the same style. Bit hipster judging from the shop but AAA rated. There was an article about the shop in MCN its near Bishops Stotfold so might swing by for a coffee at somepoint

https://goldtop.co.uk/collections/jacke ... 8608946347
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Supermofo wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:15 pm This is a nice jacket in the same style. Bit hipster judging from the shop but AAA rated. There was an article about the shop in MCN its near Bishops Stotfold so might swing by for a coffee at somepoint

Dang, that's almost exactly the jacket I wanted to buy.
(that cream coloured zip looks a bit silly though.)

So - Cheesy - you got it bought yet?
non quod, sed quomodo
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Nothing bought yet, but £429 is a bit steep for my wallet.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

It's only money, you've got more than you know what to do with it, you only live once, you can't take it with you, etc...
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Rockburner wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:54 am
Supermofo wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:15 pm This is a nice jacket in the same style. Bit hipster judging from the shop but AAA rated. There was an article about the shop in MCN its near Bishops Stotfold so might swing by for a coffee at somepoint

I saw Goldtop stuff in real life at Brightona a couple of years ago. I talked to the guy who claimed to be the owner. It was some of the most over priced , worst finished tat I had ever seen.
It was the same quality as the cheap stuff made in Africa / Pakistan that you get on eBay.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 am
Rockburner wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:54 am

I saw Goldtop stuff in real life at Brightona a couple of years ago. I talked to the guy who claimed to be the owner. It was some of the most over priced , worst finished tat I had ever seen.
It was the same quality as the cheap stuff made in Africa / Pakistan that you get on eBay.
That's the risk with any classicly styled leather jackets now that the big bike names have moved on onto more modern styles (although some do do retro stuff).
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

inewham wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:38 pm For classic jackets have a look at Bikers Paradise in Coventry, well made and half the price. I've had a couple of jackets from them, the first one didnt fall apart after 10+ years I just fancied a change. They were very helpful modifying an off the peg jacket to fit my wife too.
Not fashionable stuff but the leather is thick and the styling more in keeping with us mature riders (trying to relive the 80s ;) )
I have had one of theirs as well - lasted well. Just not really sexy!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bugger the jacket Cheesy, buy that DR600 on the Grumpy 1260 Friendface page!
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:10 pm Bugger the jacket Cheesy, buy that DR600 on the Grumpy 1260 Friendface page!
Duck off, a mate bought a new one in 1986ish, it was a barstard to start and a pig off road, if I was going to buy something from Chris it would either be the CB1100F, GS850 or ZXR750

If I get time I might pop over and see him tomorrow, need to pick his brain about jetting.
Honda Owner